Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

you know what i mean
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

guys have to remember that ur still helpin blaze a trail. yes there will be hiccups along the way but the manufs will take care of u on them. that and ur instances only help get this product movin forward. ever lil bit of info u come across and get to them only gets us closer to the day when u can say 'member those days when u had to cut your comms'. u'll have young folks there bench racing who dont even know what ur talkin bout ha.

its a damn nice controller. i honestly see it as the piece that can get every ounce of ability outta the 540 motor. havent tried it yet (in service w/the CR right now), but i'd surely like to and will eventually.

to think between brushed and nitro all that time slavin over motors, now i can have a lil more fun instead of work. granted i do have to work on the stand b/c of the WHEELSPIN i get, such a horrible issue to deal with ha.

cheers

R
Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Castle fully tests stuff before they just bring it out. It is nice to see they only promote products when they are ready for the public and working correctly. This technology is just beginning to grow and over the next few years will continue grow. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

hi

can anyone give me some feedback on how the mamba runs with the team orion vortex/peak vantage motors? any problems without the sensor cable, or do they run just fine with the mamba?

thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I too have been considering the vortex motor, but, what vortex motor would be a similar equivelant to the 4600??
Old 08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

not really a problem, but i thought i would post it anyway. Dont know whether its the lipo, or the esc's auto cut-off, but with my mamba 4600, when the lipo gets down to around 6.5volts, it starts to stutter/jolt.

Its only been happening for the past 2 runs,and before this started happening, when i got near cut-off, you could hear it getting low on power, but it was lowering smoothly it never stuttered before. I have a orion 3200 7.4v, and i have auto-lipo cut-off, but if it keeps happening i may change the cut-off to 6.0v.

So yeah, i dunno whether its me batt, or me esc...
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

How are you measuring battery voltage?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

on my charger, as soon as it started stuttering i took the batt out, & chucked it on the charger. Im beginning to think my lipo may need to be balanced...

I changed the cut-off to 6.0V, and so far it has stopped the jolting, but who knows

While im here too, im considering the TCS for brushless, but does anybody know if the cooling plate for the esc will fit the mamba max's heatsink??
Old 08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

According to most lipo wisdom, measured with no load on the battery, you never want to see below 7V. Seeing numbers below 7V mean you are discharging the battery too far. Your battery will be better off if you stop driving one minute earlier.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myk505
hi

can anyone give me some feedback on how the mamba runs with the team orion vortex/peak vantage motors? any problems without the sensor cable, or do they run just fine with the mamba?

thanks
I have run my MM w/ Orion Vortex motors and it works fine on my TC. I have also tested w/ LRP Vector X11 4.5 motor and Trinity N60...they all work fine.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

ill set the cut-off to 7.0v, but i still think my lipo may need a balance...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

I had sent a MAMBA MAX from KOREA and it has been delivered on last Wednesday. However, until now, I never receive any contact from CC. Too busy?

-AHN B. S.-
Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtaiji
I had sent a MAMBA MAX from KOREA and it has been delivered on last Wednesday. However, until now, I never receive any contact from CC. Too busy?

-AHN B. S.-
Not every company contacts you. My guess is they will fix it and send it back or if they have a problem then they will contact you.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I sent an email to them asking for some information and I never got a reply either. Keep in mind though that they are in the middle of producing a new products and new software (hopefully) so you can understand that they must be getting a HUGE amount of mail asking about release dates etc.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default Duratrax Vendetta St

I have a Vendetta ST on the way from Tower. I want to do a brushless/lipo setup for it but....some of the people on the Vendetta thread here and on www.one18th.com have been bad mouthing mamba motors for the Vendetta. I guess one issue is the shaft size, as I understand it, the Vendetta pinions are 2.3mm and the mamba shaft is 2.0 (some have suggested using a piece of copper tubing to increase the shafts diameter)
The main allegation is that the mambas get hot and the implication seams to be the Vendetta weighs too much for the mamba to handle. I have had limited experience with 1/18th scale but I know that mambas work real well in Xray m18s. I would be real interested in some one from Castle Cr. reading the posts on the Vendetta threads and answering the critics. I don't trust what a couple people say as the result of limited and un-scientific testing. I would like a second opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.