Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

CRASH sent you some pics.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
CRASH sent you some pics.
About time!

Later,
Old 05-20-2007, 06:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CRASH
About time!

Later,
I will call you tommorrow for sure.

I wanted to make sure I have everything right first.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
tomislav...as long as you have a receipt we will warranty the product for 1 year. No LEDs? Does your steering servo function? Any sounds? Let me know.

addicted...the new GF was the reason I got it. She's a critical care nurse at Olathe Medical Center...brought it home with her on her scrubs.
I have send you email. Thanks for helping fast. I would like to use this ESC in EURO TC 2007, can we arange fast repair?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:25 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well low start power, low timing and 100% control. standing start...yielded wheelspin and a torque steer to broadside in less than 30in (yes i measured lol). also like gettin outta the pits at monaco style. good thing i was last on the grid (finished better though).

i'm now back to full linear curve, tired of messin with it. -40% expo (JR) and 5% off the epa.

R
Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well low start power, low timing and 100% control. standing start...yielded wheelspin and a torque steer to broadside in less than 30in (yes i measured lol). also like gettin outta the pits at monaco style. good thing i was last on the grid (finished better though).

i'm now back to full linear curve, tired of messin with it. -40% expo (JR) and 5% off the epa.

R
From what I thought exp on the radio don't work on brushless motors. I think you need to use the laptop to program the throttle curve. Use the throttle curve setting on the Castle Link and loosen up you slipper just a little more and see if that helps.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

EXP on the radio will alter how much "trigger" the speedo thinks you are pulling, so it will always effect responce.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Curves in the transmitter and ESC don't do anything when you are at full throttle. Try throttle control, the old fashioned way.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:00 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

bri, cant go any further on slipper. thats for sure.

i'm already someone who is soft by nature on the throttle. grew up on elecs so i dont have a 'wah-wah pedal'.

my main goal was tryin to calm the bomb goin off up top, but anyway i can soften the initial hit of throttle would help for those times i'm off my game.

thx

R
Old 05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
EXP on the radio will alter how much "trigger" the speedo thinks you are pulling, so it will always effect responce.
ya this is true
for the 1st time im running -50 on the throttle exp
this may seem alot but it works really good and you will always have full throttle at full trigger.
i really like this mamba bl thing and speedo.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A max RPM gain function will be nice... something that will limit the RPM that could be gain in a certain amount of time... if the RPM go up suddently it's because you loose traction and the wheel spin. A brushless system could sense this and control it... Hummmm electronic traction control It will certainly be illegal but...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sup guys
I have a couple Q's with my MM7700 combo

I think should start @ the begining
Me and couple of friend bought rtr electric r/c for drift

Then one of my friend throw in a novak on his r/c (tamiya) so I decided to get a mamba which I think everyone like.

I'm going to use this MM7700 COMBO
On my tc4 rtr

My question is

1>>>>>>How do you program this esc. Do I need to to connect the battery first then plug it in on my computer?
Or I just set it up first on my r/c then plug it in on my computer?

2>>>> can I use SMC 3800 HIGH PERFORMANCE INTELLECT BATTERY TO POWER UP?

3>>>>>>WILL I BE ABLE TO CATCH UP WITH A NOVAK 4.5 TURNS? WITH THIS MM7700

Thankx everyone for taking a time to reply. With my noob questions
Old 05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mate, u might have some trouble with the 7700. I had a 5700 in my TT01D that i also use for drifting only, and using steel universals the 5700 managed to put wear marks in all my cup joints, including my prop shaft joints. So u might have trouble with a 7700 with an rtr TC4. you really dont need all that power for drifting in my opinion. Im going from a 5700 to a 4600 for longer runtime aswell as better control in drifts.

If you are still going a 7700, and your trying to extract as much power as possible, invest in a 2 cell lipo, u will not be dissappointed, and u will have no trouble gunning past a 4.5!!

Now the programming, it says step-by-step on how to program in the manual, but basically u install castle link on your comp, and plug the esc into the comp using the usb cable its supplied with. you dont have a battery plugged into the esc while your programming it on the comp because the esc is getting powered by the computer through usb.

Hope that clears a few things up mate!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

well im making an electric truggy out of my dark impact. so far its gone pretty good. bout to get a longer chassis and better body posts, and want to go from a 17 mod to a brushless. im either going to get the 5700 or the 6900. im a little worried about the 6900, because people i have tlaked with said that the 7700 would get pretty hot on a 85/23 gearing, and thats as high of a gearing it can go... and im worried with the bigger heavier tires, the 6900 might be a little hot with a high gearing. what do yall think on it?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
Mate, u might have some trouble with the 7700. I had a 5700 in my TT01D that i also use for drifting only, and using steel universals the 5700 managed to put wear marks in all my cup joints, including my prop shaft joints. So u might have trouble with a 7700 with an rtr TC4. you really dont need all that power for drifting in my opinion. Im going from a 5700 to a 4600 for longer runtime aswell as better control in drifts.

If you are still going a 7700, and your trying to extract as much power as possible, invest in a 2 cell lipo, u will not be dissappointed, and u will have no trouble gunning past a 4.5!!

Now the programming, it says step-by-step on how to program in the manual, but basically u install castle link on your comp, and plug the esc into the comp using the usb cable its supplied with. you dont have a battery plugged into the esc while your programming it on the comp because the esc is getting powered by the computer through usb.

Hope that clears a few things up mate!!

Thank you very much drifter demon
That help's a lot

Well we bought rtrs for drift
But since were using brushless now
Were turning it to drag race hehehhehehe
Big bucks on the line here
We play for $200.00 bucks
Just as friends though
Anybody know a good set up for drag racing with this tc4? Using 7700?
Thanx again demon drifter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.