Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wyd...what did you make tech support into personal bordem control?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Any link issues contact me personally...913-390-6939 ext. 119.

We rate the 6900 as more than a 6T brushed...7T mod is a good equivalent but there's really no way to ever make it an apples for apples comparison...try brushless...you won't regret it. If the batts can supply it, the motor will put it out. Thanks for the reply Mike! Adding you to my buddy list now.
When you say link issues, are you referring to the Castle Link software linking with the ESC? If so, I'll be giving you a call this morning.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
wyd...what did you make tech support into personal bordem control?
Well I would say it is something that just happened.

You get your new JRXS-R yet? Have not been following that thread lately but figured you might have one.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, what am i doing wrong with my Maxx?

Not sure if i should worry about it or not.

When I very lightly pull the throttle the motor runs in reverse for just a little bit and then goes forward. Only goes in reverse a very very small amount. I doubt in a race I will ever pull the throttle that gently. But still I wonder what is going on. Didn't do that before i updated the firmware and changed the settings from default.

Later I will set it back to default and see what happens.
I have reverse shut off and that doesn't change anything.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Myt, let me know if you figure out how to prevent that. It happens to me quite a bit. Normally it doesn't matter, but in a mod main it can be an issue.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default does your mamba do this?

Hello Guys:

I just wanted to share some info. I recently had some issues with my MM System stutter during throttle.

(Cogging?) This was a new motor -- 5700 placed in a 4wd buggy. I checked the motor wires after a 10 min. run and they were getting rather hot 140°f.

I normally use the original bullet connectors that come with the mamba since they are obviously good for 50 amp use but since I was having the stutter problem opted to solder the ESC to the motor wires directly and remove the connectors altogether.

The result is a very noticeable increase of power as well as a smoother throttle with no stuttering.

I have since done this to my TC and Buggy.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

MOre more great weekend of racing with my Mamba Max speedo running it in the brushed mode. Worked flawlessly once again.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by addicted
Hey Crash
HAVE YOU GUYS HAD ANY PROBLEMs with the new Microsoft Vista??

Had the Mamba disc install ok But then you could do nothing with the programme?? Brand new PC and software. Loaded the software on an old laptop with XP and no troubles??

If you could let me now or ask Joe to email me

Thanks

Tony
I am having some issues as well, please email me also.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big KAT
I am having some issues as well, please email me also.
Typical Microsoft Want support a lot of previous xp drivers. CC working on this all ready.

Tony
Old 03-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I haven't found a way to get rid of the stutter on pulling of the throttle. I raced it this weekend in my ZX5 and a couple of time I noticed the effect right in the middle of the race when coming slow around a corner. What a piece of ______ for those who race!

I tried many settings and nothing changed.

Other than that problem it ran fine, like the ability to connect to the computer. Never shutoff due to heat on me like someone else with the Novak. The ESC fits under the body easier than the GTB.

I am tempted to return it as deffective.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mytimac
Well, I haven't found a way to get rid of the stutter on pulling of the throttle. I raced it this weekend in my ZX5 and a couple of time I noticed the effect right in the middle of the race when coming slow around a corner. What a piece of ______ for those who race!

I tried many settings and nothing changed.

Other than that problem it ran fine, like the ability to connect to the computer. Never shutoff due to heat on me like someone else with the Novak. The ESC fits under the body easier than the GTB.

I am tempted to return it as deffective.
There have been lengthy discussions in the past on how to take care of this problem. The main three things you should check are your punch control setting, the quality of batteries you are running and running a capacitor on your receiver. Once you make sure all three of these things are properly taken care of, your cogging should go away instantly.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I am now starting to get this stutter problem as well. This recently just started happening as now we are running oval. I have no idea what is happening. I am running top quality gear throughout, Helios radio w/spektrum TX and RX, capacitor for the RX, digital hitec titanium servo, Matt Francis 2, matched IB 3800 batteries balanced and discharged before charge, mamba max w/16t pinion. I have tried both a 5700kv and 7700kv, both less than 3 months old.

Just like mytimac, I am not getting stutter off the start, but in the middle of the turn. And since we are running oval, it is a high speed sweeping turn. I am not losing steering either, but I am losing power.

Also, recommending caps for the RX cures glitching, this is not a glitch. If it was glitching, I would be running into walls at speed. This is a loss of power situation. And because we are using top quality gear, this issue has not been discussed at length. This has nothing to do with punch control as that just controls rate of throttle, or caps for the RX because this is not a glitch, and I doubt it is a battery issue as I am using top quality matched and balanced IB3800s. If it is my batteries, that would be a huge surprise. The mamba shouldn't be that picky if I am not getting decent performance with excellent batteries.

Mytimac, have you tried soldering the motor wires directly together and ditch the bullet connectors? I am wondering if this is the problem? Sounds like a pain in the neck but I am willing to try it now because all I do is race with the mamba, and I cannot settle for it to stutter like that.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaz
There have been lengthy discussions in the past on how to take care of this problem. The main three things you should check are your punch control setting, the quality of batteries you are running and running a capacitor on your receiver. Once you make sure all three of these things are properly taken care of, your cogging should go away instantly.

I had no cogging/stuttering on a 4600/6700 but upon trying a newer motor 5700- It started this odd behaviour of stuttering during entry and exit of the corner as several people posted earlier.

I hope more people get to try soldering the motor directly to the ESC's circuit board or simply solder both motor wires and ESC wires since some connectors appear to be faulty.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

mattnin, before soldering the motor direct to the board, I would first try removing the connectors and soldering the two wires together. It's a lot easier to undo.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yea, I think I will. I remove the motors quite frequently from the mamba and replace with a cobalt 27t and checkpoint 19t quite often, so the connectors may have gotten dirty I suppose. I am using the trinity bullet connectors that are a direct fit with the mamba.

If I start soldering wires, I will be ditching all connectors then, even including the deans on my batts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.