Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

could someone tell me what brand of power poles, type of wire, and size of heat shrink is used on the mamba max esc? i would like to get the same for the battery connections, thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default voltage out to rx

I recently found out that the mamba max only supplies something like 4.8 volts out to the rx? As I understand it this is semi common with speed controls, but some do put out 6 volts. The fixes are, either a reciever pack or some sort of universal bec? I dont want the added weight of a reciever pack, so how big and heavy is a ubec? Where can I get one?

I would like the full performance my sevo is rated for, and suspect it might help the rx as well. The application is a xxxt (yes i know this is an onroad thread).

I vote for a 6 volt output on the next model, or a firmware fix if possible.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Correction

Mamba Max 6900 combo packages are now available. We have a few in stock.

Sorry for the wrong info, hope this helps out.

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 06:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Are their plans to make a brushless motor equal to like a stock class brushed motor..............like the 13.5 setup? If I get into brushless down the road I would rather run Castle stuff as are hobbyshop gets it easily and they sell a good amount of brushless stuff for helis and planes and promote Castle Creation electronics.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Crash thankyou for your help and also to Mike Haynes for previous help. New Castle Speedo and misc on order and will have this week.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Let me start first by saying I totally love the mamba max. I am going to be the proud owner of 2nd mamba system, but still there are still a couple things bothering me, and I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Is Castle trying to get these motors ROAR approved? Or not? What are the reasons these motors are not ROAR approved? I looked in the ROAR rulebook and sensorless are approved, although is there another specification that is not met that keeps the mamba max motors from being approved? I use the mamba only in a racing atmosphere so this is important to me. I missed the last regional race here because I no longer have a legal brushless motor and I didn't want to do brushed stock.

Please castle, hear our cries, get this legalized somehow!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattnin
Let me start first by saying I totally love the mamba max. I am going to be the proud owner of 2nd mamba system, but still there are still a couple things bothering me, and I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Is Castle trying to get these motors ROAR approved? Or not? What are the reasons these motors are not ROAR approved? I looked in the ROAR rulebook and sensorless are approved, although is there another specification that is not met that keeps the mamba max motors from being approved? I use the mamba only in a racing atmosphere so this is important to me. I missed the last regional race here because I no longer have a legal brushless motor and I didn't want to do brushed stock.

Please castle, hear our cries, get this legalized somehow!
The motors will be roar legal very soon. The owner of Castle is taking an active role in helping to re-write the roar rule book. It has to do with motor size I believe. Not 100% sure.

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Oh wow, that is excellent news. Thanks for the quick reply crash!

I have a few more questions too.

Can you explain what are the performance benefits, effects on motor and battery with these settings.

cutoff voltage, motor timing, start power

I have read all sorts of things is why I am asking.

I read that cutoff voltage can affect performance? How? I thought this was specifically meant for LIPOs and to protect the cells.

With motor timing, I read that on lowest that gives most performance, is that true? What effect does this have on the battery and motor and ESC and temperatures?

How does start power work? Does this affect performance?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRASH
The motors will be roar legal very soon. The owner of Castle is taking an active role in helping to re-write the roar rule book. It has to do with motor size I believe. Not 100% sure.

Later,
Saweet!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Great showing this week at the Birds Mike.

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

I was wondering, since you can connect to the speedos w/USB, how hard or, huw much engineering, would it take to allow run data to be collected and downloaded to the PC and analyzed?

Also, I run 4-cell oval and have been reading through some of the older post and noticed that to run the MM w/4 cell, you need to eliminate the BEC connection from the speedo to the receiver? What is the reasoning for that and are there any plans to eliminate that workaround in the future? Maybe I did not read far enough back.

Thanks in advance,

Ethan
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattnin
Can you explain what are the performance benefits, effects on motor and battery with these settings.

cutoff voltage, motor timing, start power

I read that cutoff voltage can affect performance? How?

With motor timing, I read that on lowest that gives most performance, is that true? What effect does this have on the battery and motor and ESC and temperatures?

How does start power work? Does this affect performance?
Cutoff voltage does not affect performance, it is basically there to keep from damaging your li-pos.

Motor timing, normal is the best setting. Setting it higher is harder on the motor and batteries as well as the esc. Creating more heat. Having it set on the lowest will help if you are having stuttering issues and will be easier on the motor, batteries and esc. Lower temps.

Start power does really effect performance of your battery at start up. If you set it on high you are dumping all the battery has to offer right to the motor. Setting it on low dumps very little and medium is in between. High is extremly rough on your cells, low is very nice and medium is a little abusive.
Only mess with this if you are runnnign the top cells on the market, otherwise you will kill the cells very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
I was wondering, since you can connect to the speedos w/USB, how hard or, huw much engineering, would it take to allow run data to be collected and downloaded to the PC and analyzed?

Also, I run 4-cell oval and have been reading through some of the older post and noticed that to run the MM w/4 cell, you need to eliminate the BEC connection from the speedo to the receiver? What is the reasoning for that and are there any plans to eliminate that workaround in the future? Maybe I did not read far enough back.

Thanks in advance,

Ethan
Data collection is something the engineers have not thought of and I doubt that they will.

I know there is a reason for this but I am not 100% positive why. I will check tomorrow. For the future they are working on the bec to eliminate this problem.

Later,
Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CRASH
Data collection is something the engineers have not thought of and I doubt that they will.
That's a shame. I think it could provide some useful information, such as battery volts throughout the run, motor draw,etc... Maybe if it becomes a more common feature/request they will re-think it.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
That's a shame. I think it could provide some useful information, such as battery volts throughout the run, motor draw,etc... Maybe if it becomes a more common feature/request they will re-think it.

Thanks
Maybe, but they are so busy. We would have to clone them to get everything done.

I will ask them about this tomorrow though and see what they have to say.

Later,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.