Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
I just rewired the lead on mine. Just takes an iron with a reasonably small tip and some lead free solder. The oldschool 60/40 doesn't always play nice.
Where exactly are you soldering? Lead solder is the easiest to use of all solders, and superior in how well it flows and makes connections. The general consensus within the soldering community (the ones that have been doing it long enough to have used both) is that lead free sucks. 60/40 is far superior if you know proper technique, and 63/37 is even better. Now if castle is using lead free during assembly (and to be sold in Europe they are) and you are trying to resolder a part that has already been soldered, lead free and lead solders do not like to mix.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
cool brian. mine came today. just wish the rx lead was shorter. i would DEFINITELY make it shorter on the 1s speedo.

great work joe.

R
Well it is day one of qualifying for the CW race. We ended up selling 16 MMP Combos that we got in Wed afternoon. All of them are gone!!!!!! I setup up another 6 new speedos plus another 6 ot 7 guys that I have been woking with all week. Castle speedos are all over every A main class and I expect to see the new MMP in its first huge and I mean huge race (515 entries) TQ before its all done. They are just laying it down and have killer rip. I have a great setting that seems to work for every oval guy that I setup. Most just can't believe this is a Castle speedo and just keep laughing saying I never ever thought I would use a Castle speedo!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Castle being the darkside is no more. I never seen a speedo in 25 years in my area sell so fast in just 3 weeks. I think we sold almost 40 of them.

I will post more after the 2nd day of qualifying. By Saturday night I will check the TQ's in all electric classes and see what speedo they are running. I will try to get a count of MMP's in each electric class if I can. I'm doing Tech so it might give me a chance to keep count.

Its just great to see all the hard work that Castle Creations, the Techs, and the owner have done. I would like to thank Joe Ford to all his help and info over the years. Been a pleasure riding the Castle train and I hope to keep taking the ride for many more years to come.

Brian
Old 12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Today is day two of the CW race. Another fast day for the Castle users. The MMP is just flying in every class and is shinning huge in the 13.5 classes at this race. Even heard two factory drivers for another brand saying if you have a really good car the MMP is worth 1 to 2 tenths a lap right now. Made a few changes to a few MMP's for the guys and they are getting even faster.

Will see how last day of qualifying goes. SHould have a full run down of the A mains and how many where using the MMP's.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Today is day two of the CW race. Another fast day for the Castle users. The MMP is just flying in every class and is shinning huge in the 13.5 classes at this race. Even heard two factory drivers for another brand saying if you have a really good car the MMP is worth 1 to 2 tenths a lap right now. Made a few changes to a few MMP's for the guys and they are getting even faster.

Will see how last day of qualifying goes. SHould have a full run down of the A mains and how many where using the MMP's.
Hey Bro, got your pm and read stuff here. Definately give me a call beginning of the week. I'm really curious to see how well this speedo works in offroad as well as oval. As for now, get some rest, sounds like you still have a long two days ahead of you.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Software Download

Hey guys, I just tried to download and install the software from the Castle Website, and it's telling me that I need another program to complete the install. Any idea what thats about? Am I just downloading the latest version and need the complete program before I download that?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that new announcement of the hand held tuner is super!!! 30bux, stupendous!!!

R
Old 12-12-2009, 07:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well today was another great day. The A Main top 6 car cash cashes went well. At least 2 or more MMP's in every cash dash with Max Flurer winning EDM 13.5 and turninged the fastest lap. Won a 100 bucks for that win. I did all the programming on this and his other 2 MMP's and they are all just as fast in the other classes he is running. Most of the MMP's that I tuned are in the A mains and some are in the B as well and are easily fast enough for the A. These things are fast and just flat out work well. Its a great thing when a 130 buck speedo with so much versatility works like this. A non racing company has a speedo that can compete with the best of the best.

Ken the MMP is killer for offroad to. Will just take a little time to get a good setup for it. I don't think it will take much time to get some good settings.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Well today was another great day. The A Main top 6 car cash cashes went well. At least 2 or more MMP's in every cash dash with Max Flurer winning EDM 13.5 and turninged the fastest lap. Won a 100 bucks for that win. I did all the programming on this and his other 2 MMP's and they are all just as fast in the other classes he is running. Most of the MMP's that I tuned are in the A mains and some are in the B as well and are easily fast enough for the A. These things are fast and just flat out work well. Its a great thing when a 130 buck speedo with so much versatility works like this. A non racing company has a speedo that can compete with the best of the best.

Ken the MMP is killer for offroad to. Will just take a little time to get a good setup for it. I don't think it will take much time to get some good settings.
Sounds good man. I'll let you decompress for a day or two and give ya a call Tuesday or Wednesday. I know how burned out I felt after a weekend of the sedan challenge, I can't imagine how you feel. Someone grab a fork, I believe Mr. Reigle is done!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marine6680
Where exactly are you soldering? Lead solder is the easiest to use of all solders, and superior in how well it flows and makes connections. The general consensus within the soldering community (the ones that have been doing it long enough to have used both) is that lead free sucks. 60/40 is far superior if you know proper technique, and 63/37 is even better. Now if castle is using lead free during assembly (and to be sold in Europe they are) and you are trying to resolder a part that has already been soldered, lead free and lead solders do not like to mix.
Yes, it's ROHS compliant so it's lead free. I wouldn't recommend using leaded solder for this reason. If you're going to resolder the receiver lead to the board (to shorten it) then use a lead free solder and a decent iron with a small tip.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:12 AM

yeh i'm not touchin it, leave it to joe on that 1. i'm gonna just redo the connector on the other end with a blank 1. that'll work for me.

wonder if we can make this thing fit in a b44. gonna be a squeeze.

brian, i'm comin up there today to watch a lil bit. super to see logan makin the show. i'm glad scotty saw my msg and give that kid an attaboy for directing at his age already.

no reason this thing couldnt run just fine 'no-fan' in 2wd right (body interference)?

R
Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

that new announcement of the hand held tuner is super!!! 30bux, stupendous!!!

R
Hand held tuner for $30?!? Where is this announcement? Where can I pre-order?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeh i'm not touchin it, leave it to joe on that 1. i'm gonna just redo the connector on the other end with a blank 1. that'll work for me.

wonder if we can make this thing fit in a b44. gonna be a squeeze.

brian, i'm comin up there today to watch a lil bit. super to see logan makin the show. i'm glad scotty saw my msg and give that kid an attaboy for directing at his age already.

no reason this thing couldnt run just fine 'no-fan' in 2wd right (body interference)?

R
It's a squeeze but it should fit in a buggy without the fan. I've been running mine in dirt with a 17.5 or a 10.5 without issues. I made a smaller case for mine so it fits in easily.

If you were able to fit the LRP Sphere in the 4wd the Mamba should squeeze in. It's about 2.5mm wider and the same length counting the solder tabs. I would run the fan in 4wd but it's not needed in 2wd even mod.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM
mk2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default mmp

anyone have a good setup for one cell as far as cheat timing and rpm to actvate and so on any thing would help im new to mmp world
Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 PM

well joe, ur speedos are cleaning up at the CW race. i'm sure reigle can tell ya more.

R
Old 12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The new MMP domintes the Custom Workd Dirt Oval Championships and sweeps all three 13.5 classes. 13.5 EDM was domnated by Max Flurer with a 1 1/2 lap win in the A main field of over 70 racers. He was not done as he also won 13.5 sprint and finished 2nd in 13.5 late model. The winner of 13.5 late model also had a MMP in hsi car.

2 of the classes had 6 of 8 racers using the new MMP and the EDM 13.5 class was a clean sweep running the table of all 8 racers using the MMP.

Best thing is non of these racers run for Castle Creations and chose the MMP. I would like to thank all the racers that had me setup thier speedos this weekend and giving me and the MMP a chance to shine against some of the best field of dirt oval racers in the country. 509 entries was the final count and every 13.5 class had over 60 plus racers.

Even better is every racer used identical 13.5 DODC versions on the Novak 13.5 brushless and SMC DODC 3200 lipo pack. Only differance was driving talent, car setup and speedos. The MMP proved to be the speedo of choice for the dirt oval 13.5 class.

Thanks to all racers using the MMP and to Castle Creations for making a 130 dollar kick a$$ speedo that is not only the most versatile speedo on the market today for the price but one of the fastest speedos around. Great job to Castle and the techs for making it right from the start with great software to go with.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.