Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sluggoman
I'm running default (2). I'll try the low setting.
Ok. I'm at the lowest setting. I'm still running 200 temps. What else is causing the temps to soar, or is it time to call CC?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hey all....I just finished and 8th scale conversion with a Mamba Monster Max and a 2650 Motor. Armed and calibrated fine, bu it seemed strange that the cooling fan came on immediately. I thought it only came on once the esc hits 150? Anyway, I made 4 or 5 60 to 70 foot passes, checked the motor temp and it was still cold, then took it for another pass and the car just stopped dead. Servo still works but no chirping from the motor. Hooked it up to the Castle Link, updated the firmware, went to recalibrate and still no chirps. I'm running a Kyosho 777WC with the MMM v3 2650 Combo, Stock 48 Tooth Spur, Robinson 13 Tooth Pinion, 4s 5000mah pack.
Anyone have any clue what may be going on? I've run CC systems before with no problems at all....I hope this didn't fry already?!?
HELP!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Joe Ford....You have Email...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Hey all....I just finished and 8th scale conversion with a Mamba Monster Max and a 2650 Motor. Armed and calibrated fine, bu it seemed strange that the cooling fan came on immediately. I thought it only came on once the esc hits 150? Anyway, I made 4 or 5 60 to 70 foot passes, checked the motor temp and it was still cold, then took it for another pass and the car just stopped dead. Servo still works but no chirping from the motor. Hooked it up to the Castle Link, updated the firmware, went to recalibrate and still no chirps. I'm running a Kyosho 777WC with the MMM v3 2650 Combo, Stock 48 Tooth Spur, Robinson 13 Tooth Pinion, 4s 5000mah pack.
Anyone have any clue what may be going on? I've run CC systems before with no problems at all....I hope this didn't fry already?!?
HELP!!!!
Cut your losses and buy a good esc. That's what I had to do. They will blame your problem on everything else but their own product.

It seems you got taken just like me.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HELP!!!!
The temperature that the fan comes on would be the ESC temperature, not the motor temps.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

HELP!!!!

I have the Mamba Monster 2200KV Combo in a 8ight-E and the fan on the ESC comes on when it's switched on then goes off until the ESC reaches a certain temp.
My motor churps when the ESC is switched on.
have you tried switching your motor wires around?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Colin8ight-E
I have the Mamba Monster 2200KV Combo in a 8ight-E and the fan on the ESC comes on when it's switched on then goes off until the ESC reaches a certain temp.
I've tried everything. ESC comes on, the lights respond properly for calibration, then they respond properly for all throttle and brake inputs from the controller. Seems like its something with the motor thats why I noted in my first post that the motor was cold. I'm really hoping it's something silly that I'm missing. My track has it's Friday Night Series starting May 8th and I don't want to miss the first race. The guys at Castle are top notch so hopefully I'll hear from someone and it's a quick fix as I know it's absolutely NOT user error.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys. I have a question about golden connectors from the MM ESC to the motor. They are started to glued eachother from the heat insulation(heat tube is melted). I gues if I dont do something, they can make a shot circuit. The wires are getting hot, but the connectors are much more hotter. They looks just like new. No scales, everything looks like new and shiny. They fit very tight. I'm woundering if my ESC can get hotter becouse of this connectors? I think its something wrong with them, even if they looks like new. I'm thinking to cut them and weld the wires together. Any suggestion please?

Thanks,
Stanislav
Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rockstar81
You would need this http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html it hooks onto your receiver plug.
I have this cable for my Mamba Max. How do I use it for my sidewinder....there is no plug on the sidewinder to stick it into.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sluggoman
I have this cable for my Mamba Max. How do I use it for my sidewinder....there is no plug on the sidewinder to stick it into.
The Castlelink doesn't work with the Mamba Max... The Max only works with the built in USB port... The part you need is the little shrink wrapped thing in the picture. You plug the ESC's receiver connection into it.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

HELP!!!!
It's the ESC.....going to reach out for the guys at CC now. Motor is fine
Old 04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Remember.......I tried to tell you that when you first posted about your problem. I just installed my new LRP esc and all my problems were fixed and the tech at Castle Creations blamed every other component on my car as the problem.

Castle = Junk

4-18-09 "Cut your losses and buy a good esc. That's what I had to do. They will blame your problem on everything else but their own product.

It seems you got taken just like me."
Old 04-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cobracoupe5
Remember.......I tried to tell you that when you first posted about your problem. I just installed my new LRP esc and all my problems were fixed and the tech at Castle Creations blamed every other component on my car as the problem.

Castle = Junk

4-18-09 "Cut your losses and buy a good esc. That's what I had to do. They will blame your problem on everything else but their own product.

It seems you got taken just like me."
Easy there! I've been doing this long enough to know that stuff happens. You could say the same things you bring up about any manufacturer out there as it all comes down to personal experience. I've used the Mamba Max since the day it was released, the Sidewinder, and now the Monster Max and any time I've had the slightest issue the folks at Castle Creations have been fantastic. I'm sure this will get handled properly and in a very timely manner as thats what CC does. I understand you had a bad experience but with these guys that is the exception and not the norm. I'm so confident about their product that I bought another Monster Max combo over the weekend so that I could verify which component I had the problem with, and for the simple fact that I'm doing another 1/8th Conversion and want to stick with the Monster Max because of CC's top notch service. I emailed Joe Ford Saturday, sent an email to CC support yesterday, and am going to call in today. I know they're busy and will get back to me soon.
No need to come on the forums and openly bash a very reputable company, even though you had a bad experience.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Give us a call. 913-390-6939 and hit 1 for tech support. We'll get you out an advanced replacement as you just got the system. Fan shouldn't come on with that setup anywhere near when it is, if at all.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Colin8ight-E
This is the normal operation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.