Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
Geared at 9.02.... two small clamp on heat sinks on motor and 40mm fan on speedo, Motor temp 200* speedo 185*... .
My MM 7700 on 2s lipo geared at 7,9 with a small fan on the speedo heat sink runs cooler.After 5 mins speedo temp is 120F and motor temp 150 and in a 170 straight im the same fast as the 3.5T if not faster.Something is going wrong with brushless system or your batteries or your drivetrain.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
hot motor cool esc cool batts = too small of a pinion
cool motor hot esc hot batts = too big of pinion
warm motor warm esc warm batts = the right size pinion.
I have always gear by temp only, I saw this not to long ago and have found this works very well for me now.
I run from 9.0 up to 10.3 depending on the layout. At 9.6 I don't need a heat sink on my 7700. I'm extremely anal about my car and keep it in tip top like new condition at all times.
I have run 8.0 and my speedo and lipo's were to hot, but yeah it was a rocket ship for sure at the end of a long strait.
I also turn the timing down on hot days, I've never had it all the way up even on cool days.
I would like to know what other people gear there 7700's at on a out door track (350' to 525' R.O.) with many 180* and 90* turns and rubber tires ???????
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

1/8-E Buggy... how do I make the V3 MMM (1.2) make the motor runin reverse?

The ESC will not allow me to calibrate to the radio (Air MX-3) with my throttle set on reverse
Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
1/8-E Buggy... how do I make the V3 MMM (1.2) make the motor runin reverse?

The ESC will not allow me to calibrate to the radio (Air MX-3) with my throttle set on reverse
set the throttle reverse on the radio back to normal and re-calibrate. i believe you only need to reverse the throttle on futaba radios. if its not going into reverse, make sure you don't have the reverse lockout profile selected, and you have adequate reverse power set (it wont move if the power is set too low, 30%+ generally works)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I got it thanks to badassrevo... I just swapped over two of the motor wires.

When I calibrated it the first time, everything went just like the manual said... except the throttle and brake were reversed. So I thought no big deal; I will just change it on my radio and redo the calibration. Nope!

I even reset the MMM back to defaults and started over again. With the throttle channel set to reverse on my radio the MMM would not accept the full trottle input during calibration.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tyreguy
I am trying to install the castle link software for my Mamba Monster ESC and when it gets to the end of the install it gives me an error

"There is a problem with the Windows installer package. A Program required for this install could not be run. ....."

Any ideas or help would be great...

I have an HP runnng on Windows Vista. It is fully updated.

I have tried installing from the included CD and from the Castle website.

Thanks
GeeUnit is right on this one...it's the admin feature on Vista. With Vista you need to install the software a little differently than with other versions of Windows. Click on the following link, and when you get the pop-up window asking whether you'd like to "run" or "save", choose "save". Save the installation file to your desktop. Once the download is complete go to the desktop, right click on the installation file, and choose "run as administrator". The software should install properly after that. Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems. I'm always happy to help.

http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...nstall_312.exe
Old 12-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Joe, 'PC' says enuff of the "V" word already

any word on that sensored unit. i owe it to you guys to dump that unit into 1 of my tourers.

R
Old 12-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi,
I have a couple of questions if that's ok

How are Orion 13.5 motors supposed to sound? Mines a Vortex but isn't the latest version, although it still has a sintered rotor. I connected it to my Sidewinder for the first time last night and when revved, it's really loud, almost like the rotor is loose or something, but the guy that sold it to me said that the Orion motors are like that?

I also wanted to know what is the lowest brushless wind the Sidewinder can handle. I want to get a 7.5 LRP Vector X11, but wasn't sure if it could take it.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stickman310
Hi,
I have a couple of questions if that's ok

How are Orion 13.5 motors supposed to sound? Mines a Vortex but isn't the latest version, although it still has a sintered rotor. I connected it to my Sidewinder for the first time last night and when revved, it's really loud, almost like the rotor is loose or something, but the guy that sold it to me said that the Orion motors are like that?

I also wanted to know what is the lowest brushless wind the Sidewinder can handle. I want to get a 7.5 LRP Vector X11, but wasn't sure if it could take it.

Thanks.
Some motors are louder than others. As long as it spins freely it is not a problem.

The Sidewinder isn't really made to run sensored motors so while it could run a 7.5 I wouldn't use one since it is sensored. You should be running motors that are sensorless like the Castle or Tekin Redline motors.

If you want to run those other type motors you need to buy a speedo that is setup to run sensored motors. Any other way and you will get cogging and not get the best performance from your motors.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

The only reason I am running sensored motors is that I can buy them cheap second hand, and I'm only a student so that's all I can afford at the moment. I think I'm the only person in my club running a castle creations esc so therefore noone is selling off any sensorless motors cheap. I haven't actually run it yet but just from revving it, I don't notice any cogging or hesitations.
I'm not racing anyway because I don't have the time so even if it was cogging on initial startup it wouldn't bother me so long as it's fine after it gets going, but would a 7.5 overheat/ruin the esc at all?
Also, I only have one Orion Platinum 4800 lipo so if I did get a 7.5 what would the run-time be like?

Sorry for all the questions
Old 12-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A friend had a couple of Vortex motors that sounded terrible and it was the motor bearings. It was not that old and the bearings felt good but a new set of bearings made it quite.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah,
I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he said that sometimes he just took it apart and cleaned it out and took out the bearings and gave them a good clean aswell and that seemed to make it a little quieter, but it has always performed well and was way louder, but faster than his novak motor, so I have no complaints I guess.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Joe thank you guys for getting me my other Sidewinder 1:18 esc back in a timely fashion, time to make em cry.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Exciting news from this weekend!!! Ryan Maifield, Team Associated factory driver, won the JConcepts Clash 2008 event with a Monster Max 2200kv combo on 4s lipo. See this link...about 1/2 way down.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/clash2008/day2.html
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Joe............Happy Birthday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.