Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

In term of amp/ power handling, Mamba max is one if not the most robust controller on the market. But Orion and SP motor are sloted and sensored design they might cog at slow speed with a Mamba max. Make sure that your battery will be able to keep up under load
Old 07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need Help with Mamba and CM6900

hey guys.

quickly, i bought a CM6900 and was using it for a few days and it was great. My brakes were a bit hot out of the box, so dialed them down to 40% with the castle link. ran a few pack and then my reverse suddenly seemed to have super-power. i would blip the brake, and it would instantly reverse.. like there was no dead band. shortly after this the speedo would shut off on its own. i turned off the switch and turned it back on, and it re armed. I set the car on the ground and the first time i hit brake, it would shut off.
I restored the speedo to its default mode, but this problem persists.
additionally, when i teach the esc with my radio now, it recognizes the forward throttle, but not the reverse throttle...

any thoughts on this?
thanks,
Pete

I checked the endpoints, and they are maxxed out properly. after throttle input, the lights go blank, and the esc never rearms after that.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Sounds like one of the adjustments is off alittle or that maybe the fet for reverse has been damaged. What type of batteries are you using? I would also go thru the radio and make sure the epa is set right for fullthrotttle and brakes.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use orion lipo 4800 plats..
I have double chceck the EPA like you said and everything is in order at the maximum setting.

This is odd. the only thing I havent tried is to test it with a different receiver. I will check it out with a novak synth FM and switch in the same radio, if that fails, i will check it with a 3ps and see if that changes the results.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RC Corral
I use orion lipo 4800 plats..
I have double chceck the EPA like you said and everything is in order at the maximum setting.

This is odd. the only thing I havent tried is to test it with a different receiver. I will check it out with a novak synth FM and switch in the same radio, if that fails, i will check it with a 3ps and see if that changes the results.
Ok sounds good. I know when I have a problem I try as many things as I can because it may be something stupid or could be the speedo is malfunctioning.

What radio do you use? I know if its a Futaba you need use the servo reverse and reverse the throttle.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any hints on mounting a fan to the esc? should it be directly placed on top of the esc or raised up alittle with washers? we race in Ks 95+ ?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

RC Corrall, try taking some more brake out. imo the MM has tons of brakes in brushless mode, and ive had the car "stop" and not get going again, and the problem goes away when brake is taken out. hope this helps

other things to try are re-setting the endpoints, and maybe dial out some reverse too
Old 07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yodace
Any hints on mounting a fan to the esc? should it be directly placed on top of the esc or raised up alittle with washers? we race in Ks 95+ ?
Shouldn't need one for 1/10th. If you're running 1/8th use a 25mm fan, and screw directly into the heatsink.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok here is what I discovered.
I have an M8 radio and spektrum module in it.
I took another spektrum DX2 ( i think iis what its called ) radio, and bound it to the receiver in the truck. I was bale to program the esc normally and everything looked fine. so thats good that I ruled out the esc as being the trouble.
I re-bound the truck to the M8 again, and tried it , and same trouble.
my radio settings are as follows ( from memory, so sorry if my terminolofy is off a little.
throttle is in "forward" mode, not reversed.
all my black/red/white motor wires are in the correct configuration and match from the esc to the motor.. no wires are switched.
the EPA-HI is 140% the EPA-BR is 160%
exponentials are at the factory setting ( zero or 100%, I did not change them)
with the castle link, the speedo is in default mode, save the battery cutoff is set for auto-lipo, and mode is forward to brake to reverse.

any other thoughts or things I could try?

thanks,
Pete
Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RC Corral
ok here is what I discovered.
I have an M8 radio and spektrum module in it.
I took another spektrum DX2 ( i think iis what its called ) radio, and bound it to the receiver in the truck. I was bale to program the esc normally and everything looked fine. so thats good that I ruled out the esc as being the trouble.
I re-bound the truck to the M8 again, and tried it , and same trouble.
my radio settings are as follows ( from memory, so sorry if my terminolofy is off a little.
throttle is in "forward" mode, not reversed.
all my black/red/white motor wires are in the correct configuration and match from the esc to the motor.. no wires are switched.
the EPA-HI is 140% the EPA-BR is 160%
exponentials are at the factory setting ( zero or 100%, I did not change them)
with the castle link, the speedo is in default mode, save the battery cutoff is set for auto-lipo, and mode is forward to brake to reverse.

any other thoughts or things I could try?

thanks,
Pete
Try setting your EPA Hi at 100% and the EPA BR at 100%. I have found that sometimes I have had problems setting my ESC up when I max out the EPA's. At one time radios never had that kind of throw before so sometimes you are just out of the range the speedo can handle.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK ill give that a whirl tonight when i get home from work..

i think also I will check the reverse feature of my transmitter on a different vehicle. maybe my radio's reverse is cracked out or something.
thanks for your help, btw.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Make sure your quick brake adjust marked "A" or "B" on the radio is also out to 120%. Put forward and brake to 120%, and then try to calibrate. Should work. If not give us a call. 913-390-6939 and hit 1 for tech.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK i took out all the electronics yesterday and started from scratch.
I used a futaba synth FM radio, a novak xxtra synth receiver and a freshly charged orion 4800 lipo.
so I got the speedo to recognize forward ( flashing green light) and it APPEARED to not 'see' the reverse, as the little LED did not blink or anything. nothing happened actually. after the reverse trigger was released it played a little song, like it was ready to go. ( and it was, it worked, but no reverse blinking LED lit up at all)
I got to drive 2 laps around the track with the J82 and by the time i had the steering trim straightened up, the car shut itself down. the speedo was quite hot, so I thought it had thermal shut down, but nothing on the car was binding. im using a 18T pinion if that matters, which i thought would be ok.
I cannot consistantly recreate this problem. can I send everything in for you guys to look at it? I mean Ill send the car and battery and radio if you like. or maybe we can work this out over the phone? I can call you after work perhaps when Im sitting with all the stuff in front of me.

finally, are there just a yellow and green colored LED on the speedo? there appears to be another LED soldered there also, but I never get it to light up. It maybe is something else, a chip resistor or something?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
scoobeydo

Default Monster and HV Pro

double post, this laptop is really starting to irritate me!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 PM
scoobeydo

Default Monster and HV Pro

Well I have installed the HV Pro 6.5 system in what I call my Kanai 3 GT conversion. I plan to gear it 10 -12 / 46 with a 4s lipo or preferably a 4s A123 battery. I also have the Monster and a Neu motor on order for a waiting AE RC8. Will the 4s A123 system battery give me enough for a 1512 Neu? Which wind should I be looking at? I will post pics soon. The GT really looks clean and the RC 8 has even more room with its big square chassis.
2nd question, with the above layout in the RC 8, running only one super servo will I need any other band aids to keep everything happy?

@

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.