Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a React or Sensor PM me as my buddies shop has both in stock.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

just wanted to say incredible service. i filled out the form for my free V2 tranceiver on jan. 10th, and it showed up today the 12th.

thanks guys!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Micro receiver is almost ready!

We will have a Beta to test for React owners in it is, Da Slow Mode (DSSS) Receiver support so you can transmit to 50Hz 2.4GHz receivers, it has the format for the new Nomadio Micro no telem 100Hz receiver and NMAX (normal) Nomadio 100Hz. PLUS it has even MORE mixing and Splash Screen support! OH YEA..... Watch the Nomadio forum for the launch.

[link=http://support.nomadio.net/index.php?sid=0c1d50c0a7a1c02820c14376686da378]Nomadio Forum[/link]

http://support.nomadio.net/index.php...c14376686da378
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

NEW beta out with many new cool features SPLASH SCREENS, Nomadio Mini Receiver Support plus Da Slow Mode (DSSS 50Hz receiver support) within 24 Hours
Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

how long till you will have software ready for us to switch between dsm and dsss, without having to hook up to a computer? just switch between them in the radio.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
NEW beta out with many new cool features SPLASH SCREENS, Nomadio Mini Receiver Support plus Da Slow Mode (DSSS 50Hz receiver support) within 24 Hours
Just installed the new Beta on my Sensor. Everything went smoothly with the install. I did update all 4 of my Transceivers as well.

Like the new soft key setup and how easy it it now is to program any key to do anything I want. What a great setup.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

BETA LAUNCHED! PLEASE KEEP a copy of your settings just in case this is BETA! report all bugs if any to [email protected]

http://nomadio.net/software/react/beta/

Welcome to the Nomadio React Digital RC Desktop

WARNING: PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE

This software is a pre-release to allow testers to try Nomadio's bleeding edge technology before it is ready for commercial release. While we want your feedback, it is not ready for you to use in real races, or in cars which you would be terribly upset to see crash. You have been warned.
* The React is the latest in Nomadio digital radio control systems for Radio Control vehicles. It is built on the same Nomadio N-Max technology which made the Sensor the fastest radio in the world. It also includes the Sensor's easy to use interface, and the RC Desktop software for configuring and backing it up from a PC.
* Be sure to register your React to check for the latest in software upgrades for your new digital radio control system. Join us on the Internet at http://support.nomadio.net, to talk to other users about performance tuning, share ideas for where you'd like to see the React go in the future.
* To use React with RC Desktop, just turn it off, plug it into the PC, and run RC Desktop. It'll even recharge your batteries for you. To put it in gaming mode, turn it on, plug it into the PC and start playing your favorite driving game.
* The user manual is available in the documentation folder.
* See the React Quick Links page to view the Getting Started with React video.

Whats New with the React

* Servo Graphs in Desktop: Desktop now draws graphs of steering and throttle so you can see what your settings will do as you change them.
* Changes Highlighted: Desktop marks settings that have changed since last save in the left margin so you can see what has changed. A new return to last saved value button on the right allows you to revert any change before you save.
* Model Files: Individual Models can be saved to model files for convenient sharing with others.
* Experimental DSMTM*-Compatible Mode: This is a feature is still under development, and not fully tested. However, React has experimental support for controlling receivers marketed as using DSMTM* technology. You can turn this on and off on a Model by Model basis. There is a new setting under each Model's Advanced Menu named Transceiver Type. If set to "DSSS Beta", the React will be put in DSM-Compatible mode, which will allow it to drive such receivers.

To bind to a React in DSMTM*-Compatible mode, simply select Bind as usual from the model, while doing whatever your receiver's instructions say to do in order to rebind it.

This software is not associated with, or approved by Horizon Hobby, Inc. and was independently created by Nomadio, Inc.

This code is experimental and has not undergone regulatory testing. It is provided for demonstration purposes only, and is not certified under FCC Part 247 or CE regulations. Check with local authorities before using this software if you do not possess the appropriate licensing to operate a packet data radio in the 2.4 GHz ISM band.
* Splash Screens: You can now have your own custom image displayed every time you turn on your React!
* Software Fixes: Several software bugs have been fixed, most notably around timers, autostart and idle up settings. Sensor Tach sensors are now fully supported on the React as well.

Welcome to the Nomadio React Digital RC Desktop

WARNING: PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE

This software is a pre-release to allow testers to try Nomadio's bleeding edge technology before it is ready for commercial release. While we want your feedback, it is not ready for you to use in real races, or in cars which you would be terribly upset to see crash. You have been warned.
* The React is the latest in Nomadio digital radio control systems for Radio Control vehicles. It is built on the same Nomadio N-Max technology which made the Sensor the fastest radio in the world. It also includes the Sensor's easy to use interface, and the RC Desktop software for configuring and backing it up from a PC.
* Be sure to register your React to check for the latest in software upgrades for your new digital radio control system. Join us on the Internet at http://support.nomadio.net, to talk to other users about performance tuning, share ideas for where you'd like to see the React go in the future.
* To use React with RC Desktop, just turn it off, plug it into the PC, and run RC Desktop. It'll even recharge your batteries for you. To put it in gaming mode, turn it on, plug it into the PC and start playing your favorite driving game.
* The user manual is available in the documentation folder.
* See the React Quick Links page to view the Getting Started with React video.

Customize Your React

There are a wide variety of accessories and parts available for the React, including the new Aluminum Carrying Case. Check with your local hobby store for availability, or get it directly at the Nomadio Store.

*DSM is a registered trademark of Horizon Hobby, Inc.

Copyright 2007 | Nomadio, Inc.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Is that warning for the React only? My Sensor seems to be fine but I will find out more after this weekend.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Warning? It is a React BETA launch not a Sensor Beta
Old 01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
Warning? It is a React BETA launch not a Sensor Beta
Cool.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

The second installation in our Getting Started Series,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huIv6erOEls
Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Tommorrow I get to run my touring car on carpet with rubber tires. I have never done this before so should be pretty wild plus I have the radio updated so it will be even more fun.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Saw a guy at the track with a Nomadio. He seemed to be having the static problem like the spektrum. Have you heard or seen anything about this?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

The 3 times mine took off where because I shorted a motor in a heat, then I had my throttle setup so my car would drift forward some and if I didn't hold the brake it would take off some and the 3rd time was just plain and simple I would hit the throttle walking to the drivers stand.

Mine worked great on the carpet and so did my buddies that raced carpet with me this weekend. I will be running carpet again in a few more weeks so will see how it goes next time.

I know my buddy runs touring cars every weekend on carpet with his Sensor and says he never has a problem. I heard of a few that have problems but then again I have seen lots of people over the years have problems on carpet more than any other surface. Lots of speedos and receivers take a dump from the static and bigger hits you seem to take in wrecks on carpet.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes, I understand! However, if the radio and reciever was the only thing that changed then it would leave me to believe that it is the radio.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.