Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
THE RETURN OF VOODOO BATTERIES ! >

THE RETURN OF VOODOO BATTERIES !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THE RETURN OF VOODOO BATTERIES !

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

andy mised cll yesterday il try today bud where is everyone racing this weekend?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No problem Dave. No racing for me this week; it's the wifes weekend
Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Same here. No more till after christmas.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Guess I will have to pick up the slack for both of ya and race twice as much
Old 12-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Guess I will have to pick up the slack for both of ya and race twice as much
that's funny
Old 12-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sunday 17th December - Western Australian End of Year/Xmas On Road Ryper Cup

TEAM VOODOO FINISHES 2ND PLACE OUTRIGHT A-MAINS STOCK

When the racers started arriving we all new it was going to be a hot day, not just competition wise but temperature wise 38 degrees celsius (close to 100 degrees farrenheit) so we new the competition was going to be exciting, even more so when the Western Australian RC Magazine photographer arrived to take pictures of the large event.

With 3 qualifiers and 3 finals I felt it best to hold off my voodoo batteries to ensure my motors wouldnt over heat from all of the extra voltage until we hit the
finals when if timed right it would cool down.
1st qualifier saw me finish 4th bit dissapointing really, but with older motors and batteries no surprise, 2nd qualifier came then once again a 4th. 3rd qualifier and I mustered a third spot, unfortunately meaning a 4th place start in the A-mains. Whilst most people would have been happy with a start in A-mains 4th spot I was dissapointed as the compeition had no idea what I was about to let loose..... A brand new motor and some FRESH out of the box 1.24 Volts 4200WC VOODOO Cell packs!!

1st Final started, it was amazing, I was promised by Dave some tyre burning packs and that is exactly what I was given, from 4th spot to 1st place by the second corner, the packs had the punch and the top speed to accelerate past the competition like they had never seen. Out cornering the competitors and outspeeding them down the straight I was exactly where I should have been, 1st place! the only changes? a motor and a lovely 4200 VOODOO Pack. 1st place for the A-main final and the best was still to come!

2nd Race, The torque was amazing, from 4th to 2nd place by the first corner, with some rivalry from the competitors I was pushed off the track and placed back on in last position.... is the race over I thought? It had only just begun and again it was time to let the voodoo cells do the talking, 8th spot, 7th spot, 6th spot, 5th spot...... unbelievabe....4th, 3rd...... SECOND PLACE! From last to second in an A Mains Final I knew I had the right combination!

3rd Race, With outright Victory well within my reach it was time for another Voodoo Battery win, from 4th to second yet again and people wanting to scrutineer my car because of its massive change in speed! It was carnivourous in the corners and demon like down the straight, victory was mine, what was the only weakness left now in my car? the motor! The heat managed to cut out the motor, forcing me from 2nd to last, a quick cool down and it was back on from last place once again powering through even three quarters of a lap behind to 4th place! I was still incredibly amazed of the finish and the power it had.

After scrutineering of the car and discovering it was all ok I was pleased to say "thank you to Voodoo Batteries" Outright 2nd I was happy with.

Of course should Voodoo motors be on the market I will take 5 thanks!

Thank you to Voodoo Cells for powering me through to 2nd place in the Western Australian Xmas Ryper Cup.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Awesome run!!! Excllent report!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sly33
Sunday 17th December - Western Australian End of Year/Xmas On Road Ryper Cup

TEAM VOODOO FINISHES 2ND PLACE OUTRIGHT A-MAINS STOCK

When the racers started arriving we all new it was going to be a hot day, not just competition wise but temperature wise 38 degrees celsius (close to 100 degrees farrenheit) so we new the competition was going to be exciting, even more so when the Western Australian RC Magazine photographer arrived to take pictures of the large event.

With 3 qualifiers and 3 finals I felt it best to hold off my voodoo batteries to ensure my motors wouldnt over heat from all of the extra voltage until we hit the
finals when if timed right it would cool down.
1st qualifier saw me finish 4th bit dissapointing really, but with older motors and batteries no surprise, 2nd qualifier came then once again a 4th. 3rd qualifier and I mustered a third spot, unfortunately meaning a 4th place start in the A-mains. Whilst most people would have been happy with a start in A-mains 4th spot I was dissapointed as the compeition had no idea what I was about to let loose..... A brand new motor and some FRESH out of the box 1.24 Volts 4200WC VOODOO Cell packs!!

1st Final started, it was amazing, I was promised by Dave some tyre burning packs and that is exactly what I was given, from 4th spot to 1st place by the second corner, the packs had the punch and the top speed to accelerate past the competition like they had never seen. Out cornering the competitors and outspeeding them down the straight I was exactly where I should have been, 1st place! the only changes? a motor and a lovely 4200 VOODOO Pack. 1st place for the A-main final and the best was still to come!

2nd Race, The torque was amazing, from 4th to 2nd place by the first corner, with some rivalry from the competitors I was pushed off the track and placed back on in last position.... is the race over I thought? It had only just begun and again it was time to let the voodoo cells do the talking, 8th spot, 7th spot, 6th spot, 5th spot...... unbelievabe....4th, 3rd...... SECOND PLACE! From last to second in an A Mains Final I knew I had the right combination!

3rd Race, With outright Victory well within my reach it was time for another Voodoo Battery win, from 4th to second yet again and people wanting to scrutineer my car because of its massive change in speed! It was carnivourous in the corners and demon like down the straight, victory was mine, what was the only weakness left now in my car? the motor! The heat managed to cut out the motor, forcing me from 2nd to last, a quick cool down and it was back on from last place once again powering through even three quarters of a lap behind to 4th place! I was still incredibly amazed of the finish and the power it had.

After scrutineering of the car and discovering it was all ok I was pleased to say "thank you to Voodoo Batteries" Outright 2nd I was happy with.

Of course should Voodoo motors be on the market I will take 5 thanks!

Thank you to Voodoo Cells for powering me through to 2nd place in the Western Australian Xmas Ryper Cup.

awesome job mate wow that car was fast!!! glad voodoo can be a part of your sucess voodoo motors thats a great idea!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DR VOODOO
voodoo motors thats a great idea!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks All, the state championships are the next big thing on the calender, off the top of my head late Feb early March, If i can repeat last weekend gone then it certainly will be a BIG win for the team. Am looking forward to it. Have about 4 weeks off racing now, gives me a few weeks to pull the T2 apart and clean it, if they thought it was fast wait till i clean out the bearings ;-)
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Old Man
Yo Fred that avatar is so wacked out
Old 12-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Champion

It was supposed to look like christmas lights?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

HEY FRED IT LOOKS GOOD BUT THIS IS COMING FROM A GUY THAT CAN BARLEY GET ON THE INTERNET! LOL
Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

dave, i tried last night and this afternoon to order through the site. its like its not linking properly to paypal because every time i choose that payment option i get errors. please look into it, i need to order batts.

chris
Old 12-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Not sure how much I'll be online this weekend so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.