Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Hey Bud, staying out of trouble
I am always staying out of trouble
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Company Representative

Hey Zack: Did you change your handle or is there someone else going as AE XX year old
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The ARCORR race got rained out and rescheduled to May 31st. I ran in Tulsa today. I qualified 3rd in mod truck and finished 2nd after a good battle. Mod buggy I struggled all day finding a good balance for the car. I ended up 5th. One strange thing I had happens was a corner marshal I think snatch my truck up and grabbed the sensor wire and broke it. The truck started cogging real badly and I had to pull off. It ended up with 2 broke connections where it plugged into the esc.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Haha no Scott its Travis Erkoneff making fun of me haha he made it...its like are joke thing.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
Haha no Scott its Travis Erkoneff making fun of me haha he made it...its like are joke thing.
That Bako humor... It's soooo funny Hope to see you at HRH next weekend Zack.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Scott, was talking with Dan Hartson and he was telling me that with LiPo batteries, the brushed motors seem to really perform at a higher level, then running brushed with NiMH batteries. Have you run across this from anybody Has has everybody just moved to brushless to keep up with the Jones (Love those Jones )
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Hey Scott, was talking with Dan Hartson and he was telling me that with LiPo batteries, the brushed motors seem to really perform at a higher level, then running brushed with NiMH batteries. Have you run across this from anybody Has has everybody just moved to brushless to keep up with the Jones (Love those Jones )
Nobody wants to hear that. Everyone has bought into the "Brushless/Lipo" set up can't be beat. I've got a kid kicking everybody's a$$ at Pegasus with monsters and round cells. So to answer your question, you probably would have thought I was crazy
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It would make sense. The lighter cars will be easier on the motors and brushes.

To each there own. I am pretty happy with the BL motors and no cutting comms or replacing brushes. It is pretty easy to get lazy with the BL/Lipo setups and work on your cars more.

I believe brushed motors are more then competative and may even be better in certain cases. The Crawlers still think the brushed motors are way better then the BL.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Company Representative

To each there own.: Yep, whatever floats your boat

I believe brushed motors are more then competative and may even be better in certain cases.: Yeah, I was watching some of the mod guys at Rev with all that tire spin and was thinking 12x6

The Crawlers still think the brushed motors are way better then the BL. : That a fact. We saw that down in Barona Sat.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Scott, Casper, I should have given you more an Dan's thoughts. He says that with LiPo Batteries, the output of the batteries stays at the high end for so long, that the motor has to work less and are more efficient. He says that after his son runs for about 5-6 minutes, the motor comes off about 90 degrees, te brushes last longer and the motors are better. Food for thought.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Scott, Casper, I should have given you more an Dan's thoughts. He says that with LiPo Batteries, the output of the batteries stays at the high end for so long, that the motor has to work less and are more efficient. He says that after his son runs for about 5-6 minutes, the motor comes off about 90 degrees, te brushes last longer and the motors are better. Food for thought.
I know
Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

It is the weight. The lighter cars do not draw as much power from the motors so they work less. The voltage staying higher I don't believe has anything to do with effiency although I could be wrong. I do not at Nats last year when I went from nimh to lipo for the 2nd day of qualifying my motor dropped 30-40 deg in temp and I was able to gear up. Shaved .5 a lap off my times. If you take the load off the motor (aka weight) the brushes will arc less you can run softer springs and comm wear/ brush wear will decrease and efficency will go up.

Too bad Lipo and BL all kind of came out at the same time. There were not many lipo guys who were running brushed I saw. The guys on the cutting edge of lipo in cars were all also pushing BL. By the time it hit mainstream people were making the double switch.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I like the convenience of it. I can use the same batteries all day, and put them right back on to charge as soon as I get off the track. That is nice for smaller club races where I want to run multiple classes. And the motors, other than a fluke few sensor wire probs, have been really great. I just blow them out with my compressor, and off we go. For me personally, I have had an easier time driving a brushless car then a brushed car. It may all be in my head, but the my results sure have gotten better. It may be, because I spend more time on the track and less time wrenching.

Either way, whatever works for you, run the dog snot out of it.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Company Representative

Casper: Aren't you supposed to be working The one thing I do remember about that last generation of round cells was the IR was so low, it would blow the brushes off a mod and kill 19T brushes in one run I ran a lipo/monster in my buggy last week at Pegasus and Killer
Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah I am working just like you Scott!

The current high C rated lipo's have lower IR's then those last round cells were using!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.