Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

What a great time Scott and I had at OCRC yesterday!

First off, EVERYONE was telling us how exciting the Slash
race was with the Banzai Nation making a hugh run at the
end! They said it was really exciting!!!!!!! GOOD JOB, Alex,
Fez, Brian and Darin Halverson and Matt Olson! AND Pit-Dad,
Phil, YOU ROCK!!!!

Congrats Casper and Jake McGarvey, who were on the winning team! Took home
the $$$$$$$$$$$.

Also Zack, who had to find new team members after his
team didn't show for him. He was a real trooper and put
together another team with the Bak-o guys! Good sport,
Zack!

Thanks to Denny-O for the Knott's Berry Farm pie!! NO,
I did NOT share it! Except Scott got a slice
after we got home. I have since hid the pie!!!!

I had to yell pretty hard, but I rooted the Arizona Cardinals
on to the the Super Bowl!!!!!!! WOW! What a game!!
I was exhausted when it was over, that's hard work
standing on the sidelines pushing them over the top!!

Last edited by BanzaiMom; 01-19-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello to the Great Banzai Nation!

I'm finally back home where I belong.
After a 201 day stay in Iraq I can finally say "WOW!" What a freakin' crazy place to be.

Jason and my bride, Vanessa, of course are excited that I'm home and we can get back to some type of normal life again. --- Umm if there's such a thing as a normal life.

This was my 4th trip over and I'll probably do one more before I retire, but have feeling next one will be to that 'Stan place up north. :P

Judi, Scott -- I want to personally thank you here in front of everyone for the kind words of encouragement while I was gone. It's the little things that count the most while over there.

Jason and I have already sat down and wrote dates on the calendar for some up coming races. He can't wait to get back on the track. LOL

But anyways, I truly just wanted to extend a Belated Happy 2009 to all of the Banzai Nation and wish everyone a very successful and wonderful year.

In kindest regards,
-Drew
Old 01-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Welcome back Drew. Gald you make it back safe and sound!

Judi. Team Helmet consisted of Myself, Keith Whisler, Jake McGarvey, Greg Hodapp and our last minute fill in of Mike Truhe. (Aaron Waldron was supposed to be in Mike's spot but could not make it last minute. Mike was able to do an ok job filling in though! )

After you take out the entry fee we each took home $150. Not a bad day of racing! Watching Fez charge at the end was pretty fun to watch that was for sure. I watched about the last 15 min of his run.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, AND WELCOME HOME DREW!

Best news we could have to start the new year out! HOME, safe

and sound!!

Whoops! Thanks, Casper, I'll fix the results right now!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks mother pie and big papa...I had a blast this weekend except the slash race hahaha naw just kidding it was alright I just had to turn marshal wayyyy to much!!! I had fun friday night winning the 2wd mod class...and then sunday i dont know what was wrong with me maybe i was to tired and sore from the slash race and I just did really bad haha but it was still fun hanging with you guys and Phil,Alex,Cody,Matt, and everyone else...I picked up the mic at the end of the night and that was pretty much the funniest stuff ever...you guys missed it!!! SEE YOU SOON.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JAM'n_07
I'm finally back home where I belong.
After a 201 day stay in Iraq I can finally say "WOW!" What a freakin' crazy place to be.

Jason and my bride, Vanessa, of course are excited that I'm home and we can get back to some type of normal life again. --- Umm if there's such a thing as a normal life.

This was my 4th trip over and I'll probably do one more before I retire, but have feeling next one will be to that 'Stan place up north. :P

Judi, Scott -- I want to personally thank you here in front of everyone for the kind words of encouragement while I was gone. It's the little things that count the most while over there.

Jason and I have already sat down and wrote dates on the calendar for some up coming races. He can't wait to get back on the track. LOL

But anyways, I truly just wanted to extend a Belated Happy 2009 to all of the Banzai Nation and wish everyone a very successful and wonderful year.

In kindest regards,
-Drew
As we used to say, Welcome "Back to the World"

Scott
Old 01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Company Representative

Yep, yesterday was fun a OCRC. I TQ'd practice, had a good 2nd heat, and then blew out in the main I gotta get down there more to get used to the track Robert had the football game on one of the monitors so we could watch Phil and I got to fight with some Eagle fans Good to see everyone, Alex, Fez, Zack (AE 28), Phil, and everyone else.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Looks like I missed a great weekend of racing. Good job BANZAI!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?clien...4f1ca&t=h&z=17

Here is the map link to this weekends comp Judi.
It is in Apple valleyI thought it was closer to you
Let me know if you guys can make it.

I took 8th this weekend in th OC. (Tougher comp than SD.) I got beat by 6 Factory AXIAL Drivers, and our Club Treas by 1 point. There were 48 entries.
I would have done better, but I had a mechanical Repair on course that cost me 5 penalty points.
Next time...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Company Representative

Hey Downtown, we're probably about 65 mi. from there. That's a lot closer than you though We'll let you know Nice job against those factory guys.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Slash Class....

So what do all of you make of this Slash Spec class?
I'm seeing a lot of it popping up around Florida and the Southeast.
May consider getting one (or two) for Jason and I to play with and race.

There's a big race in March and one in May that we may enter in with them.
March is the "Battle at the Beach 7." "6" was Jason's first large event to race at and we had a ton of fun those three days. The May event looks like a blast and will be on RClive. http://www.wiregrassindoornationals.com./

So please pipe in if you race or have heard about this Slash class and tell me what you think?

-Drew
Old 01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Those Slash's are the most fun I have had driving these things in a long time..Kinda an old time r/c feel/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ytp3a9MioA
Teaser vid to convince you guys to come on out..
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by downtown
Those Slash's are the most fun I have had driving these things in a long time..Kinda an old time r/c feel/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ytp3a9MioA
Teaser vid to convince you guys to come on out..
Good stuff One of those crawlers with the Losi stickers on it looks like Jon Anderson's colors He was the main R & D guy at Losi for years.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Two sides to every story

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Halve, Thanks for the props, it was a really fun event and I love stuff that requires teamwork. Thanks for letting Alex and I help out. I am suprised at how high a tolerance level Brian has.. That guy was yelling stuff at him, some names I have never heard and he calmly turned away and ignored the guy.
That "guy" was my brother. There are two sides to every story. The reason he was going nuts is because "Brian" used racial slurs on him and threatened to beat him up after the race. He referred to my brother as a f***ing Mexican, etc. My brother called him on it and went too far in the process. My brother is normally a subdued guy, but he's not going to put up with that kind of talk. Our team was made up of rookies, guys. There was nothing in the rules that said "pro drivers" or "experienced only". My brother is the greenest of us all. The lack of sportsmanship directed toward our team was very disappointing. If we had know the competition was mainly "pro drivers" we would never have entered.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry to hear of the incident between you guys. I saw the later parts of it. You guys did a pretty good job of staying out of the way. I hope you were able to have some fun. $$$$$ tends to bring the more experienced drivers out of the wood works. If it was just for bowling trophies as a lot of races are you tend to not get as high profile drivers.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Sorry to hear of the incident between you guys. I saw the later parts of it. You guys did a pretty good job of staying out of the way. I hope you were able to have some fun. $$$$$ tends to bring the more experienced drivers out of the wood works. If it was just for bowling trophies as a lot of races are you tend to not get as high profile drivers.
Thanks, bud. Your team was great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.