Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

They bought me a white one, and my brother the black one. I t was for X-mas one year, I believe as a package deal from QVC........

I still remember the charger too LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL It was like a 15 or 30 minute little dial twisting one. I hated that thing.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

haha umm well I raced Go Karts before rc and when I sold karts because of money probs my dad gave me all his old rc stuff...XL2P controller Novak 410 speedo recievers that didnt fit in my B3 that we got I saved up my lunch money(secret) and tald my dad that I washed cars so he paid the other half of my kit!

I raced at my local track for about 2 years and then the JBRL came last year and I thought it was like a world level event and I got a B4 right before that race and got third in the A-main and ever since then i have been into rc cars hard core!!! hahahha
Old 08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

That's neat AE! So, your dad was into

it first. That's interesting! I used to save

my lunch money to buy other stuff too!!

Shame on us!!

Judi
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Hmmmm. How did I get started in RC. Thats along time ago Mom

I was about 12 or 13 in middle school and a classmate brought a RC Car Action mag to school. I saw it, and ran home to mom and dad and begged and begged and begged for weeks. They bought me a Futaba FX10 for my first car. I bashed around in the street for a year or so breaking parts. Dad took me to the only place in town with the a track to watch and after that it was GAME ON!! I was hooked. Been doing it ever since.

Ive taken breaks, done the so called retirement thing a few times. But you never really get out of the hobby. Its like the mafia, once your in, your in for life! lol. I cant think of any other hobby I do that is as much fun, and frustrating at the same time. I see the kids now at my local track that are factory drivers and all like Ryan Dawson and Kyle Skidmore, that used to be in the novice class years ago always comming up asking questions. Now I go ask them for help. Seeing those guys grow from novice drivers to national contenders is probably one of the best things about this hobby that puts a smile on my face. Well, knowing that ill be able to run the Old dudes truck class at the nats in 7 years is pretty cool too. lol
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

That's a good story B'ner! I LOVE reading this!

Our oldest son actually got the first R/C and it was

a gas car. Don't remember what it was! And all these

years he's never run electric, still plays with gas!

Never even tried one of our motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi

PS Scott thinks it was a Traxxas gas something!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Ok, here goes nothing...... it all started in '82, Tamiya Super Champ, then a Tamiya Frog and that progressed into a Cox Scorpion. All within a year and a half. Would race at Del Mar "The Ranch/Skate Park/Bicycle Park" Hal Empey, the best announcer to ever live. Actually started racing there with the Frog in offroad. Entered my first "official" big race in 84'. "The Worlds". There I watched Jay Halsey kick ass with the first Associated Prototype RC-10. He won the A-main just to get DQ'd and then have it overturned to take the win, when everyone was almost gone...... I remember it was Gary, don't remember his last name, with a Scorpion that gave Jay a run for his money. Downtown Brown remembers his last name. D-main for me. Finished 5th. From there it was offroad and dirt oval at Del Mar. Had a custom built 2 wheel car, with one of the first 3 gear MIP gear boxes. His name was Ben Woods that built the car. Had a Dominator direct chain driven 4 wheel dirt oval, hell on wheels, pray to God, 7cell monster that you could barely control. Had the A&L version as well, but the Dominator was just better. That was when Trackmaster was the Shiznit. Bob Kuhl, Erik Soderquist, Pat Worcama, Kris Moore, Joel Johnson, the guy from Hot Trick Products..... Can't remember his name as well. Of course soon after we all had the OG RC-10. Off road racing at Jack Murphy Stadium. RC Racing Center had that gig. Reverted back to Tamiya for a short time with the Falcon. Turned that into the dirt oval car and used the RC-10 for off road. Lets see, the OG Checkpoint motors with the tiny brushes, Twister was just coming out with some motors, Gonzo batteries and Parma SCR's and Panasonic's as well. Reedy Dot motors. Trinity, Rev-Tech, Race Prep, Parma, Mabuchi's all tweaked to hell for stock. Just nod Mr. Tweak Bar Scott..... Picked up Kris Moores YZ-10 Yokomo 4 wheel off road car from him, also had a Kyosho Optima Mid 4 wheel belt drive and the OG Ultima. Took a little break, then started racing indoor at RC Racing Center, Hobby Warehouse, Discount Hobbies in Carlsbad. You could race almost everyday of the week, except Monday. Started with a Losi Pro SE and a LXT. Got good and went with Schumacher as a 100% team driver. Did well at Cactus, M&M, Costa Mesa. Won the original Pro Line Classic at M&M with them. Drove for Precision Motors, Extreme Motors, Twister, Showtime R/C, MTH Racing. Don't you just luv Mike Walker.... Dropped Schumacher to go private, there off road program sucked. Back to Losi for buggy and Associated for Truck, what a combo. A few Nationals and one Reedy Invitational and Cactus was pretty much all the big ones I did back then. Quit in late 93'. 13 years later, Mr. Steven "pain in my" Butts got me back into this hobby again at FHR. Damn Slant EyE..... So here I am. Banzai Driver with Losi truck and buggy. This was the sort of Short version.......

Any questions??????
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Ok, here goes nothing...... it all started in '82, Tamiya Super Champ, then a Tamiya Frog and that progressed into a Cox Scorpion. All within a year and a half. Would race at Del Mar "The Ranch/Skate Park/Bicycle Park" Hal Empey, the best announcer to ever live. Actually started racing there with the Frog in offroad. Entered my first "official" big race in 84'. "The Worlds". There I watched Jay Halsey kick ass with the first Associated Prototype RC-10. He won the A-main just to get DQ'd and then have it overturned to take the win, when everyone was almost gone...... I remember it was Gary, don't remember his last name, with a Scorpion that gave Jay a run for his money. Downtown Brown remembers his last name. D-main for me. Finished 5th. From there it was offroad and dirt oval at Del Mar. Had a custom built 2 wheel car, with one of the first 3 gear MIP gear boxes. His name was Ben Woods that built the car. Had a Dominator direct chain driven 4 wheel dirt oval, hell on wheels, pray to God, 7cell monster that you could barely control. Had the A&L version as well, but the Dominator was just better. That was when Trackmaster was the Shiznit. Bob Kuhl, Erik Soderquist, Pat Worcama, Kris Moore, Joel Johnson, the guy from Hot Trick Products..... Can't remember his name as well. Of course soon after we all had the OG RC-10. Off road racing at Jack Murphy Stadium. RC Racing Center had that gig. Reverted back to Tamiya for a short time with the Falcon. Turned that into the dirt oval car and used the RC-10 for off road. Lets see, the OG Checkpoint motors with the tiny brushes, Twister was just coming out with some motors, Gonzo batteries and Parma SCR's and Panasonic's as well. Reedy Dot motors. Trinity, Rev-Tech, Race Prep, Parma, Mabuchi's all tweaked to hell for stock. Just nod Mr. Tweak Bar Scott..... Picked up Kris Moores YZ-10 Yokomo 4 wheel off road car from him, also had a Kyosho Optima Mid 4 wheel belt drive and the OG Ultima. Took a little break, then started racing indoor at RC Racing Center, Hobby Warehouse, Discount Hobbies in Carlsbad. You could race almost everyday of the week, except Monday. Started with a Losi Pro SE and a LXT. Got good and went with Schumacher as a 100% team driver. Did well at Cactus, M&M, Costa Mesa. Won the original Pro Line Classic at M&M with them. Drove for Precision Motors, Extreme Motors, Twister, Showtime R/C, MTH Racing. Don't you just luv Mike Walker.... Dropped Schumacher to go private, there off road program sucked. Back to Losi for buggy and Associated for Truck, what a combo. A few Nationals and one Reedy Invitational and Cactus was pretty much all the big ones I did back then. Quit in late 93'. 13 years later, Mr. Steven "pain in my" Butts got me back into this hobby again at FHR. Damn Slant EyE..... So here I am. Banzai Driver with Losi truck and buggy. This was the sort of Short version.......

Any questions??????
wow that's alot of words.

to make my story short I started with a FT B4, and started around the same time Kaaaaang started, and he's way better than me..

Mitch
Old 08-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitch P.
wow that's alot of words.

to make my story short I started with a FT B4, and started around the same time Kaaaaang started, and he's way better than me..

Mitch

I think you have 6 months on me brah.

But youre still good.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by K_King
I think you have 6 months on me brah.

But youre still good.
maybe like 3 or 2 months.

it was like DEC of 06.

I remember your first time out you made the A in stk.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Judi,

We are already making plans for the Cactus. It will be good to see you all again. Are you keeping everyone in line? I know that Casper can be a hand full. Yeah, sorry we couldn't make it to the shoot out. Jimmy keeps telling us we need to come out for that. Maybe next year we can work a trip into the schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

You guys take it easy, don't work too hard and good luck racing.

Later,
Gary B.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BanzaiMom
That's a good story B'ner! I LOVE reading this!

Our oldest son actually got the first R/C and it was

a gas car. Don't remember what it was! And all these

years he's never run electric, still plays with gas!

Never even tried one of our motors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judi

PS Scott thinks it was a Traxxas gas something!
Its enjoyable to sit back and see the kids growing up and becoming scary fast. I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing my friends do good then I do going out there and blowing out every run. lol.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gwbruce
Judi,

We are already making plans for the Cactus. It will be good to see you all again. Are you keeping everyone in line? I know that Casper can be a hand full. Yeah, sorry we couldn't make it to the shoot out. Jimmy keeps telling us we need to come out for that. Maybe next year we can work a trip into the schedule. Keep your fingers crossed.

You guys take it easy, don't work too hard and good luck racing.

Later,
Gary B.

GARY!!!!!!!!!! Bring me something cool from Germany. Like a hot leggy blonde chick! Ok, ill just take a beer. When you comming back to the track? Tell Annita I said hello!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Company Representative

Erik Soderquist: Now that's a name that most people won't know who the heck you're talking about. "Dr. Von Quick" Started Extreme Motors and did some stuff for Maxtec.

Kris Moore: Wound a few motors for that guy back in the day. I think he's still racin'. 1/8 th scale gas, I think.

Tweak Bar: Twister called that a "Pro Stick".
Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Erik had to help me build my first diff for the rc 10.

Coming from the cox cars and tamiya stuff I never had to deal with them at 10 yrs old.

Slanteyes stole most of the rest of my life story

just happy that this niche REALLY took off over the years.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So I got my buggy, and I think I'm more excited to pull wheelies and overjump stuff then I am to win. Is that wrong?

Last edited by DavidAlford; 08-10-2007 at 09:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.