Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Thanks Casper!

while were on the subject, I am already planning on running a losi truck, just trying to figure out which buggy is best for me, I've had better success with the bk2's over the b4's but ive never drove an rb5 or a xxxcr... I am more of a 4wd guy but i want to be a good 2wd driver... I know you've run for both manufactures so I was wondering what your opinions were... as well as ur gearing for the losi cars... thanks!!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

On the rb5 I was about 29-30 pinion with the stock I think it is 76 tooth spur when running 13.5.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

hi all
just got a banzai sp 10.5 the other day off someone and will be trying it out tomorrow!!!!

whats the recommended gearing for it??? am using a corally rdx phi..
Old 07-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
Thanks Casper!

while were on the subject, I am already planning on running a losi truck, just trying to figure out which buggy is best for me, I've had better success with the bk2's over the b4's but ive never drove an rb5 or a xxxcr... I am more of a 4wd guy but i want to be a good 2wd driver... I know you've run for both manufactures so I was wondering what your opinions were... as well as ur gearing for the losi cars... thanks!!
78 is the stock spur. Kyosho also has a 76 spur as an option.

I really like my losi cars. I don't think anyone will tell you there is a better shock out there then the kyosho shocks which is pretty awesome. The K cars work really well. I think I am faster with my losi though. At least I have been getting better results this year with the losi then I was last year with the kyosho. It may be I am driving a little more this year though. The new SP RB5 is one expensive kit. The kit is high quality though so many will say it is worth it but still very expensive compared to the losi or AE.

I am normally geared 32/76 for 13.5 in my losi buggy. I was running 34/72 (ae spur) with a 17.5 at shootout last weekend.

Truck. 26/78 for 13.5. 31/78 for 17.5

As far as the XXXCR most all of the team guys are running the XXX rear end on the CR car. IT is about a $20 upgrade but most everyone likes the handling of this version of the car over the short arm CR. IF you are getting the losi truck get the losi buggy for common parts. Trannies are the same as well as many other common parts like shock cartridges etc. If you do choose the RB5 though it is a great car. I can't really say anything bad about the car.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
78 is the stock spur. Kyosho also has a 76 spur as an option.

I really like my losi cars. I don't think anyone will tell you there is a better shock out there then the kyosho shocks which is pretty awesome. The K cars work really well. I think I am faster with my losi though. At least I have been getting better results this year with the losi then I was last year with the kyosho. It may be I am driving a little more this year though. The new SP RB5 is one expensive kit. The kit is high quality though so many will say it is worth it but still very expensive compared to the losi or AE.

I am normally geared 32/76 for 13.5 in my losi buggy. I was running 34/72 (ae spur) with a 17.5 at shootout last weekend.

Truck. 26/78 for 13.5. 31/78 for 17.5

As far as the XXXCR most all of the team guys are running the XXX rear end on the CR car. IT is about a $20 upgrade but most everyone likes the handling of this version of the car over the short arm CR. IF you are getting the losi truck get the losi buggy for common parts. Trannies are the same as well as many other common parts like shock cartridges etc. If you do choose the RB5 though it is a great car. I can't really say anything bad about the car.

Cool, do you know anything about the academy gv2?
Old 07-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

THANKS, CASPER!! I think I'll print those suggestions
out for me, because I don't do gearing! It's a girl thing with
me, I don't glue tires either!!

There was an Academy forum somewhere on here. I don't
know of anyone running one of those, so you might need
to search around. Same for the Corally, check for a thread
on this forum, or try the Speed Passion thread on the
On-Road forum here.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
Cool, do you know anything about the academy gv2?
Yeah I know enough to not get one. There were a few guys around here that tried them. They had some part quality issues and they could just not get them to handle consistantly. I have not seen one in a while. I would stick with AE, Losi or Kyosho.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Guys, I figured that about the academy cars being weak
Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Prophet

I remember rear axles being a major problem. Other then that just normal stuff broke like any other car.

I think the real draw back will be parts availability and inconsistent handing.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

We have a brand new facility here in California, West Coast

Raceway. I'll abbreviate it, has a long name!

Beautiful new place with both indoor on-road, and indoor

off-road!

Alex Alvarez is now running on-road and got his 1st victory

there Saturday night in the 13.5 class! Good job, Alex!

Jake McGarvey won the mod 2wd class. Way to go, Jake!

Scott was out at Pegasus on Saturday, so I'll let him post those

results.

We'll do our best to get out to as many races as possible, kind

of hard to be everywhere when most of the schedules are the

same.

So, I'll need you guys to help me with results, I got some

off the sites today!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Race 3 of ARCORR is in the books. We started at 6pm ish but with some delays we rant he mains I think somewhere close to 1am. The official results have not been posted but I will see what I can remember and fix it later.

I qualified 4th in 4wd and broke a hub on the 2nd lap, but was able to finish with about 8 deg toe out. Some people broke so I should have picked up a few spots and maybe salvaged some points. 2wd the car is still not right. I ended up 6th in the main. Truck I qualified 6th, should have been better but every good run I had going one truck seemed to find me and take care of that. I got as high as 2nd but ended up finishing 3rd. Even with the good finish in truck I may slip out of the top 3 in points. 2wd I may move up smidge due to there being alot of ties in the top 10. 4wd, I may slip a bit as well. We will see. Race 4 is back over there in a few weeks, so we will see how that goes, or if I can even go. The trips are expensive for one person. It makes it kinda hard to race anywhere else.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BanzaiMom
Alex Alvarez is now running on-road and got his 1st victory

there Saturday night in the 13.5 class! Good job, Alex!
Mom, thanks for the note on Alex, they ran 3 qual's on Saturday night, and Alex improved every heat and qualified 2nd for the main. He ran his best race in the main, taking the lead on the 1st corner and never looked back. I also want to let you know the Hiro Kasura from Hot Bodies has offered Alex a spot as a team driver, on-road and off-road. Alex was very excited about that, plus my wallet could use some help. Thanks for the motor and battery, it was good seeing you at the Casa Banzai.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Tell Alex congrats. The HB guys have been really awesome to work with. I am by no means the greatest at any of this rc stuff, but if I can help yall in any way let me know.

What sedan is he running right now?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Congrats to Alex on his HB deal. I know it is something he has been wanting. Glad you guys are having fun with on-road but hope to see you playing in the dirt again soon!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great job Alex! I hope HB treats you right and I'm sure you will continue to get faster and faster. Enjoy that Banzai Power!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.