BANZAI Motors

Old 07-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Nut-- The spintec should not have damaged the cells. It should help them. I would put another cycle on the cells and see if they improve. The IB cells should not be taken down below about .7V per cell. The spintec goes down to about .8-.85 from what I understand. We can talk more tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Another update from Washington--Team Banzai/Slingshot driver Jeremy Felles TQ's 4wd 19 turn and Truck 19 turn. He also qualified 4th in a tough 2wd 19 turn class. We'll have to see how things pan out..... Congrats Jeremy....
Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Breaking in brushes?

Hello all......

I need some help.......

I run my motors at about 3.0 volts for about 300sec on an LRP Comp 2
charger...after that I spray and clean and re-oil......I run it up to about 4.0 volts and I only get about 8 amps out of it........shouldn't it be higher than that? PS I was using 767 brushes

Judi..... I cut an older motor and I did check it with a digital caliper it was about .291 all the way across.....so I am assuming it is cutting correct.
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 07-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

2006 Roar 19 Turn 4wd AND 2006 Roar 19 Turn Truck

NATIONAL CHAMPION JEREMY FELLES!!!!!!!!!

We are so proud of Jeremy! These two wins belong to Jeremy, and

we give him all the credit! He's worked hard for these wins. So,

Congrats to you Jeremy!!

I wish you could have seen the high-fives and yells at the track today!

We all loved your victories!!

Judi, Scott, Jason, and all of Team Banzai
Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

WHOOPS!!! He also finished 4th in the A-Main 19 Turn Buggy!!

For those just reading our thread, Jeremy is the 2006 Cactus Classic

Champ, 2006 Hot Rod Hobbies Shoot-Out Champ, and now 2 time

Roar National Champ!

That's why Scott calls him, "The Ironman"!!

Judi
Old 07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff, email sent.

Judi
Old 07-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Prophet

We did not have a bad weekend at the JBRL either! (granted we were not winning muliple national championships! )

This is what I remeber from this weekend. From team Banzai highlights.

Ryan Dunford is back hot as ever and won both exp stk buggy and 19T truck with his banzai power. Casper (myself) got TQ in both classes but had "rough" mains.

The Boice family showed up in force (again!) but this time armed with Banzai power!

Chris (Dad Boice) put on a heroic effort in 19T buggy to take the lead and the win with 2 laps to go. He also led most of the 19T truck race in a great battle with Ryan Dunford to complete a Banzai 1-2 sweep of the 19T truck class this weekend.

Kyle (son Boice) had two great runs in spt stock classes. After a couple small bobbles to start off the race he raced a hard fought battle to pull off a come from behind 2nd place finish in spt stk buggy. In the spt stock truck race he methodically reeled in the leader after a rough start using all his new banzai power to make a clean pass for the lead and the win in the last corner. Both were exciting races.

Ashely (daughter Boice) had a rough time in qual and ended up BQ in rookie stock. She showed that she belonged in the main though buy putting the entire B main a lap down in her win of the B main but more importantly winning a bump up spot to the A. Having to start last in the "A" Ashley steadliy drove up through the field and showed those Rookies she is a force to reckon with for the rest of the series as she worked her way up to a great 4th place finish. Way to go Ashely!

Those are the highlights that I remeber. Can you fill us in on the rest of the banzai team's results, Judi?

Last edited by Casper; 07-31-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

YAY!!! Go Banzai! What a weekend and it was nice and cool out, sweet! Thank you Scott and Judy from Banzai, plenty o power. Thank you Keith from Slingshot for providing the battery power. It is great to be part of two amazing teams.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

WOW Casper!! That was terrific! You should have been a sports

writer. As soon as I have a pot of coffee, I'll post more results.

These old bones are still waking up after the great week-end we all had.

Judi
Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Here we go!! Any mistakes, correct me guys! Only had half a pot of

coffee!!!!!!

19 Truck:
1st Ryan Dunford
2nd Chris Boice
6th Keith Whisler
7th Casper
8th Chuck Fowler
10th Vanair

Ex. Stock Buggy
1st Ryan Dunford
3rd Jeremy Hase
9th Casper

19 T Buggy
1st Chris Boice

4wd mod
4th Vanair

Sportsman Stock Buggy
TQ and 2nd Kyle Boice

Sportsman Stock Truck
1st Kyle Boice
4th Keith Whisler

Rookie Stock
4th Ashley Boice

All having great days also were some in the B mains

Kevin Thompson came all the way from Vegas!
Brian Sullivan

Thanks guys! You were all great and the racing was really fun especially

because it was so cool there! I'll have more stories to post later, but

I got to get back to Banzai-Work!

Judi
Old 07-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

It was definately a great weekend for Banzai/Slingshot!!!

Congrats go out to Jeremy Felles for his 2 National Championships and his race results over this past summer. The summer of 06 will be remembered as "The Year of The Felles". Thanks again for everything you do for me Jeremy, it's great having you on my team...

Casper and Ryan--You guys had a great showing again as usual. It's pretty easy for me at the track when you guys do such a good job of representing your sponsors. And Casper, you didn't mention anything about my race results at the JBRL??? Could it be that we are a little upset by my beating you.... Seriously, that's probably the only time that will happen

Nut-Thanks for the sandwich. I'm still not sure what to think of it yet...

Judi & Scott--It was great to see you at the track supporting all of us. And Scott, it was great to have you back on the drivers stand. Can't wait for the next time....

And lastly, thanks to the rest of the Banzai family. It's a great family to be a part of.

Chris Boice--If you see this, send me an e-mail so I have your e-mail. You and your family are what RC racing is all about. I look forward to getting to know you and your family better in the near future...)
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Sorry Keith-- I did not mean to forget your great runs in spt stk truck and you beating me in 19T truck! I also have to thank you for the great slingshot power to get me those two TQ points. Slingshot power is taking over the JBRL series with great local support. I cannot wait to see where the company will grow to and spread the word that you have two national titles under your companies belt!

I will get you in 19T at the Dirt!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Bring it on Casper......
Old 08-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Scott and Judi- It was great meeting you two! It's always nice to find such nice people. That's probably the best part about this hobby; nearly everybody is friendly.

Banzai had a pretty good showing at the last JBRL race in Camarillo. The results have already been posted, so how about some pictures?

Jeremy Hase

Chris Boice

Kyle Boice

Ashley Boice

Casper

I didn't get any shots of Keith Whisler on the drivers stand, but I did get some shots of him on the track

Here he waits for the sportsman stock truck B-main to start. He BQ'd and won, getting the bump-up into the A.

And last but not least, Scott of Banzai

Please excuse the small images... just trying to keep file size to a minimum!

The rest of the pictures from the event will be up on my site hopefully tomorrow night.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Jason, thank you for the pictures! It was really great to meet

you too!

If you haven't been to Jason's site , you MUST visit it!!

He takes such terrific pictures, and they are fun to look at, even if

you don't know anyone there!!

Thanks Again Jason!

Judi

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.