BANZAI Motors

Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Hey David, no that's not wrong! The crowds love wheelies!

I always say if you're not gonna win, do wheelies down the

straight!!!!!!

Pang, that's the most you've ever talked to me!

That's our history, and I don't think it's written down anywhere.

Kids don't know any of these people or places. Thank you very

much, I've read it over and over already! Glad Steve got you

back to racing!!!

Downtown, I"ll just insert your name the next time I read Pang's

story!! I KNEW you were around a long time since we talked

about vintage cars. Still got the one I like???

Where's Hopsing?? I know he has a good story too, I think his

mom used to race, didn't she???

Judi
Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I neeeeeed brusheeeeeeeees.

Will you guys be there Saturday?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

I don't know for sure what time, but we'll

be there Saturday. I'll have brushes

with me!

Judi
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hahha ya mom my dad was the one that got me into it.....and I dont know why he wont race he is sooooo fast he puts laps on me....
Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ok I guess I can share my story.

It all started with 6 tyco cars in 2 days in the summer of '92. (the people at Toys R us started to call us by name! as we kept exchanging cars that were glued back together to put back in the box! LOL)

Then I learned of this place called So Cal that opened down the street from my house. One look at a RC10 and I had to get one. Well after cleaning out the savings account I got an RC10 Team car, XL2P, Novak M5 and a dial charger and some stick packs! I quickly learned I needed a job for this hobby. In comes a job at hobby shack (now hobby people for those of you new to the hobby! )

What a mistake. I did not make any money. Might as well put on a name tag that said I work for parts! This job would change my life forever though. About 2-3 months of working on the job I met a guy name Ryan Dunford. He was a racer as well but with a few more years of experience under his belt. Just so happened he was moving pretty close to me (about 8 miles south) and was going to start racing at So Cal as well. He took me under his wing and bumped me out of novice and into sportsman (I did not really belong yet but I was getting better). He was a die hard Losi guy. I was not sure I wanted to switch until the XX came out. One drive of his car and I had to have one! I drove losi cars religously up until ths year.

Ryan showed me the wonderful world of series racing dragging me along to with the NORRCA southern california series races. What fun it was to drive around to all these neat new tracks and race. I meet lots of neat people along the way, some of which are still racing today but many have moved on to other adventures. I raced as much as a I could afford to and TQ'd the '95 norrca nats in stock buggy I think it was before going to college. I got to race summers only for four years until I graduated. Once I got out I got a XX4 and picked up racing more then ever. So Cal moved to it's new location and I started racing at MnM in its final location. (I did race at the old location as well once.) I have been a die hard racer since graduating college in 98 and attended all the large southern california races I could get to. Even did the Cactus back in 2000. I have since done lots of racing and meet even more wonderful people. I was picked up by Slingshot Batteries, Banzai motors and just recently Team Kyosho. I have gotten married, I have 2.5 kids (one on the way in Nov) and still have the RC bug more then ever.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Erik Soderquist: Now that's a name that most people won't know who the heck you're talking about. "Dr. Von Quick" Started Extreme Motors and did some stuff for Maxtec.

Kris Moore: Wound a few motors for that guy back in the day. I think he's still racin'. 1/8 th scale gas, I think.

I ran for Eric Soderquist when he had Extreme, then for him at Maxtec. Derrick Furitani was my "go to guy" at Maxtec. I LOVED to drive up to Maxtec, walk in have Derrick hand me a grip of motors and batteries, then turn around and walk out the door.

Kris Moore is still racing, I just talked to him a few months ago at Palomar Raceway. He is still racing... 1/8 gas for Mugen.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

I think Steve has some video of us racing in the early 90's. Boy he used to suck back then, now look at him.......

I thought Scott would enjoy my "tweak bar" description.... The way we used to file down brushes, motor dip ring a bell???? How bout Reedy in a Can??? I am sure I left out a bunch of details......

Glad MoM and Scott could enjoy my shortened blast to the past story of my R/C Life.........

Through thick and thin and a bunch of "hobbies", its been me and Steve the whole time....... Like a brother I never had, but was always there......
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

I'm reading every post, just haven't had time to

respond. I'm getting things ready for this week-end.

So, for a short commercial break, Andy ordered motors

for the store, 19t's will be there tomorrow.

Also, I have a good amount of xlg shirts left, and a couple larges.

I need to move them along so we can re-order all sizes!

So, come and see me if you need a shirt in those sizes!

Can't talk $$$$'s in this forum, but it's the number after the

Losi# Oh, that was sneaky!

Judi
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

See you guys late this afternoon/ early tonight
Old 08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

ill see you guys this afternoon, hope to see the usual faces there, im just dying to race, so I cant wait. ill be there around 11:00, maybe eariler.

Mitch
Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

im finally home. Mom, Scott, thanks for the new motor, and all the help . My stk ran very well, and it helped me TQ and win. also the new 12x2 was so awesome, ill put that in my 4wd and have some fun at Barona. anyways I had a great weekend, and ill probably see you guys next at round #7.

Mitch
Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Also pitting by you guys, and FEZ, was DIALED.

HOTBODIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Now thats shipping. Thank you very much
Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

You have e-mail mom!!

And Mom, I just want to say that the 14 turn im running is scary fast! I swear its like a 10 turn. LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah I'm kinda thinking the 13 will be too much motor for me. Somebody should have warned me

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.