Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANZAI Motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The yok looks like a great car. I like the kyosho a ton as well. Not sure of any nagging issues with the yok but the kyosho cannot keep the belvel gears from exploding. The car runs great though.

The X5 is an awesome car but to get it running right the belts skip! They claim it is not an issue but it should not work that way. Never had belts skipping as part of "normal" operation on my XX4 when I was running it! The X5 is a neat car though. They run strong and handle well. The BJ4's look great everywhere they run as well. Those a great looking cars. Not sure what I would run if I got back into that class. I might get another XX4!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Downtown, I sent Sullivan an email. I'm not sure

if he's registered to post. Some of our guys have

never been able to get on here, and emailing the

owner doesn't seem to help. Jeremy Hase

can't post after almost a year of trying.

B.James, is Ryan going to run the JBRL series?? I haven't

seen him in here in a long time.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Judi.
I spoke with him and Van leersum? I think at So Cal a couple of weeks ago about the car.
Wanna check it out a little more.
Caspers' take on 4wd seems like mine(torn), but the cars are Soo much fun to drive.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My $.02 on 4wd:

The BJ4 is a very capable car and very fast, BUT those front arms are SO WEAK! One tap and they're gone... I have driven one and it was fast but very twitchy and stiff feeling... saddle packs

The Yok looks VERY good. But at $550 its a little steep for me. I've also heard that tthey have a problem with some part of the rear outdrive wearing out VERY fast. Not sure if they fixed it. saddle packs

The XXX4 is good, but under rough conditions it really suffers. The chassis is also a weak point and breaks occasionally (at $60 a pop too).

The XX4 seems very competetive, but the front arms are a little brittle IMHO. I dont really know much about them though. They also need a few hopups such as the alu motor holder and mount, b3 brace, and the screws that mount the front hubs to arms...

The X5 looks okay. But I hate saddle packs and the 4x2 is kind of wierd. Like Casper said though, I havent heard one that didnt skip belts.

I own a Kyosho. They are very fast and very easy to drive. BUT they need hopups to get them to be durable (hinge pin brace and tower mounts). Once you get the hopups though, you wont break unless you REALLY deserve it. As far as the bevel gears, the Tc3 pinion gear fits. The trick is to run the slipper on the loose side though. One-ways INCLUDED in kit!

I dont kow much of anything about the Tamiya.

My $.02
Old 02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Dave--I can let Brian know you are looking for him. He was at my house on Friday night. Had I known you were looking for him I could have let him know. He's at SoCal running today and will probably get in touch with me. PM me to let me know where you want me to tell him to get ahold of you....
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys, for the opinins/ratings, and for trying to get ahold of him for me
I've got a couple of 'y's' in my collection from recent years, and have always liked the cars they put out. However, the belt 'thing' drives me nuts!
So, might be trying out the laser car.

Bj4 that we have in the shop is very fun to drive, cannot keep the bellcrank assy. slop to a min.
seems like as soon as I shim/loctite and re-adjust things, It all works itself loose within 4-5 laps
Old 02-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Dave we gotta get me a fast stock motor.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

K_King, you make Dave order you a motor, and

I'll make sure I mark it so only you will get it!

Casper will help you with gearing if you need.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Gear a monster at 19/78 and a co27 at 20/78!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

BanzaiMom - just gotta say one thing about that motor today "unbelievable!!!!"

Man, the power was unreal and smooth and controllable

Just 3 second and would have made the "A" with some of the best mod 12th scalers in the PA/NJ/DE/MD areas - but was "BQ" and got to wear the "goofy" hat and all

Can't wait to get my hands on a couple more motors
Old 02-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Do u guys sale hats?
Old 02-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

hi mom ryan said yes . he moved out of the house he doesnt have internet ye .he said to say hi . i got 4th in the a main today in mod truck and johnny got 2nd
Old 02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

k_bojar, glad you were happy with the motor!

We NEED a picture of you with the BQ hat!!!

You're racing in a really tough area, good job!!!

Losi09 I'm sorry, we don't have hats. But I got shirts!!

B.James, glad to know Ryan will be racing. Say "hi"

to him also from all of us!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Root wheel'd the shit out of his X5 and X6 to win both mod classes today, it looked very good out there. The new Tamiya looks very capable, there were a couple of the factory drivers down today, LOT of blue on the team car.

Almost any 4WD will be competitive though, its usually the set up and the driver that will make or break the car.

Did alright tonight, wish I would have run stock though. I didn't think Smalley would show (came at like 12:45, racing starts at 1) so I ran 19t. They didn't have 19t so I got put in mod. First heat I was all over the place with my 19t. 2nd heat I TQ'd with a stock motor by 8 seconds on Bill's 19t time, would have beat Smalley by like .3 seconds for the TQ in stock. People were calling me a cheater for running stock in mod so I through in the modified, crashed early and kept working my way up, need more practice with it though.

Erik: The BL is acting up again, shuts down after like 1/2 lap or so...
Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like I have been slow in my reading lately.

The Cactus will have Live RC broadcasting for the

race. That should be interesting!

Guess that means we all have to behave or we could

be on "candid" camera!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.