Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Masterofpuppets
Diggity......I have emailed you 2 times and have received no reply yet...........
I reply to all emails, who is this?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Brushless 1/12

Last edited by mikecatts; 06-21-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you should do a 200 mm conversion fo the xlr8 v2 , i find my 1900 mm bodies dont fit as good as they do n a stock tc3 .
Old 12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi

Do you have the Flexy upper decks in stock for the B44? Need front and rear decks.

Just wanted to know before placing order.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 12-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

All right, I'm ready to try this again...

I ran my XLR8 conversion at our Regionals in Stock Rubber in March '08 and found the car to handle, accelerate, etc very well. The only problem (and it was a biggie) was that the outboard hinge pins on the rear arms walked their way out EVERY heat. Machined a couple Jaco spec tires/wheels into 2-parters from the inside like the pin was a dull parting tool. This was frustrating enough that I parked the car on the shelf since.

The front arms have holes for the 2-56 screws to capture the pins but the rears, oddly enough, do not. Nor do the spare set of arms I've got.

Over a year and a half on I want to get the car back on the track. My intent is to set it up as a Vintage TA car where we still support 4-cell formula locally. What do I need to do to keep the darn hinge pins from walking out? Worst-case I can drill and tap the rear uprights to use grub screws to anchor the hinge pins in place like we did on our RC500's "in the day" but to really do that properly I should put Helicoil inserts in there as well and I'm not "jazzed" about doing that either.

Am I the only guy who's struggled with this?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

try emails,i sent a pm and email in sep with no response,but what i wanted was no big deal so i let it go,but i would shoot him a couple
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

eazy fix - remove them - then add one maybe two drops of thin CA run the length of the pins , try after first drop drys . may need second drop - let them dry complete . they are good and tight , you won't need set screws . I did this when I first put the car together . Haven't had one move / come out yet ! I think it is a good car for VTA racing !
If you need Damon you need to email him . . . .
Good Luck !

Originally Posted by Scottrik
All right, I'm ready to try this again...

I ran my XLR8 conversion at our Regionals in Stock Rubber in March '08 and found the car to handle, accelerate, etc very well. The only problem (and it was a biggie) was that the outboard hinge pins on the rear arms walked their way out EVERY heat. Machined a couple Jaco spec tires/wheels into 2-parters from the inside like the pin was a dull parting tool. This was frustrating enough that I parked the car on the shelf since.

The front arms have holes for the 2-56 screws to capture the pins but the rears, oddly enough, do not. Nor do the spare set of arms I've got.

Over a year and a half on I want to get the car back on the track. My intent is to set it up as a Vintage TA car where we still support 4-cell formula locally. What do I need to do to keep the darn hinge pins from walking out? Worst-case I can drill and tap the rear uprights to use grub screws to anchor the hinge pins in place like we did on our RC500's "in the day" but to really do that properly I should put Helicoil inserts in there as well and I'm not "jazzed" about doing that either.

Am I the only guy who's struggled with this?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
eazy fix - remove them - then add one maybe two drops of thin CA run the length of the pins , try after first drop drys . may need second drop - let them dry complete . they are good and tight , you won't need set screws . I did this when I first put the car together . Haven't had one move / come out yet ! I think it is a good car for VTA racing !
And that doesn't cause binding in the arms themselves where they need to pivot freely? I'll give it shot.

Still seems odd that they'd drill and tap the front arms (front and back!! Couldn't make a near "blind" hole like the TC5, etc) for the capture screws but not the rears. Ah well. Kind of a weird oversight for such an otherwise well-executed conversion. I tell people it's the car Xray would build if Xray were building shafties.

Speaking of shafties, and to your point re: VTA, I think shaft drive and front spool are THE ticket for such a power-limited class. These put the power STRAIGHT down to the track. No muss, no fuss, no backlash...just GO!!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dose anyone know if i can use my spool and oneway with the v2 kit on my
tc4.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

i have a xlr8 v2 nib for sale 150 bones , pm me
Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got my shipment of CF parts for my GV2. These parts look great and have super fit and finish!! Excellent job Diggity Designs!! I can't wait to get to the track for testing.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Take a minute or 2 to go to this link and vote for Diggity Designs to be a part of NASCAR

http://www.sponsafier.com/share/105819
Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

First race with the new CF parts went well. The 4mm rear shock tower that is slightly taller is great on the GV2. I noticed a quicker reacting car in the corners and it had a more direct jumping feel. I would sudgest any GV2 owner look into these quality upgrades!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Diggity

I reply to all emails, who is this?
Hey Diggity,
Do you still have this kit/upgrade in stock XLR8-V1?
Have sent three emails and had no response. maybe somethings not getting through, so thought I'd try you here.

Also would be very interested in a Rally kit 200mm. Originally got in for the T/A racing and am pretty new to it but found others talking about this Rally kit TA used to make. Sounds like even more RC fun.

thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
First race with the new CF parts went well. The 4mm rear shock tower that is slightly taller is great on the GV2. I noticed a quicker reacting car in the corners and it had a more direct jumping feel. I would sudgest any GV2 owner look into these quality upgrades!
Hey Josh, good to see you in the Diggity forum... Your hardware will go out today (tuesday), was pretty busy on Monday..

Keep up the good racing and repping Diggity products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.