Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Old 02-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got my Donor FTTC4 from ebay yesterday. it was in a much worse shape than the pictures suggested. Blue motor mount is a direct fit on my DC4 Chassis.

Started the build but looks like it will take me a while to get it sorted. one of the shock shafts are bent, ball caps need replacement, diffs need rebuild. all the bearings need replacement.

What shocks do people use as an alternative? having to replace a shock shaft and also buy vcs2 upgrade doesn't seem viable. thinking of going with the TRF shocks

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-42102-5...d-p-23733.html

any thoughts? any other shock recommendations for TC4?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PJRacer
Got my Donor FTTC4 from ebay yesterday. it was in a much worse shape than the pictures suggested. Blue motor mount is a direct fit on my DC4 Chassis.

Started the build but looks like it will take me a while to get it sorted. one of the shock shafts are bent, ball caps need replacement, diffs need rebuild. all the bearings need replacement.

What shocks do people use as an alternative? having to replace a shock shaft and also buy vcs2 upgrade doesn't seem viable. thinking of going with the TRF shocks

Tamiya, 55mm TRF Special Damper Set (Hard BK) ,(42102)

any thoughts? any other shock recommendations for TC4?
You can never go wrong with TRF shocks. I am really liking the new TC7 shocks. Very forgiving. You can probably get a great deal, As people are selling them on there way to upgrade to the shorter 7.1 shocks. In my opinion running both TRF and the new AE shocks, I like the TC7 set. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ive bought two sets of the TRF shocks, they went together perfectly and they all have exactly the same amount of rebound without having to even re-do any shock. Easiest shock build ever
Old 02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to let you all know I have created a new motor mount for the DC4, Details can be found here

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post14846490

The motor mount will also fit the FTTC4 but only if you remove the Top Deck standoff at the corner on the motor side.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC4/DC4 Motor mount

I have completed my motor mount and done quite a bit of testing. it a lot easier to use the the FTTC4 motor mount especialy when using the DC4

Some notes:
• This motor mount is designed for the Diggity Designs DC4 but will also work on the FTTC4 as long as you remove the corner stand off on the motor side.
• I did some prototypes in stainless steel, while they were perfect dimensions wise, they were too hard to drill and tap
• Holes are 2.2 mm so can be drilled and tapped for 4-40 or M3 screws. I use M3.
Attached Thumbnails Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-motor-mount-3.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-motor-mount-2.jpg  

Last edited by PJRacer; 04-05-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:29 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys. I'm trying to adapt this beautiful lipo mount to my new VBC Ghost18 chassis. Would someone be able to tell me the distance between the holes for this TC5/TC6 lipo mount that I've got pictured. Thanks!

Old 11-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know if this company still making products? Thx
Old 11-11-2019, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't know... What are you looking for? I have some stuff i need to get rid of.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have a DC4 sitting on the shelf they want to get rid of?