R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #1321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin33 View Post
Just ran an older xlr8 for the first time in vta and have to say it was great i'm running it with a shorty pack on the right side with speedo behind it and everything else on the left nice car to drive very smooth although my overall tractikn didn't seem right i think my springs were too hard all around purple up front and blue in back associated springs. Any tips does that seem to hard to you?
Since your setup is lighter overall you should soften the suspension accordingly for rubber tires and since that car is a lot stiffer I would run silver springs in the front and green in the rear. That will help with your traction. And allow the car to roll more for rubber tires. Purples haven't been used since foam tire days.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #1322
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
I ordered a conversion Kit this morning. Looking forward to running the car in our Canadian Vintage TransAm powered by 21.5 at 1450 Grams.
Awesome! You made a great choice! Hey down here in Seattle we are going to be having a can -am challenge at the Seattle Rc racers hanger track. You should come down we have a lot of Canadians in that make it like Keith yu and others. I can help you out with your dc4 .
Old 10-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #1323
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman222 View Post
Thanks Jeff for the setup info. I was having trouble with the car being extremely loose too. Put on a new set of tires and noticed the outer 1/3 of the tires wasn't touching the carpet, so with your settings the car really settled down. Last run out I tried moving the shocks into position #2 and the car really rotated in the corners. Mel
Hey no problem.. I'm here to help I will be continually looking to improve my setup and will be posting them as they get better . the car is great and there is a lot of performance in this car now with the dc4 conversion. I would recommend the optional flex chassis tho.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #1324
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default ?

Would you use just the Flex chassis , or the chassis and flex top plate. A question about your recommended springs. I was running blue fronts and green rears, should I try the silver fronts. Also I have 35w oil in front and
30w in the rear. Thanks Mel.
melman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #1325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman222 View Post
Would you use just the Flex chassis , or the chassis and flex top plate. A question about your recommended springs. I was running blue fronts and green rears, should I try the silver fronts. Also I have 35w oil in front and
30w in the rear. Thanks Mel.
Yes both the chassis and the top deck. Only switch to silver if you want more steering
Old 10-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #1326
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Jeff , I will give them a try. MEL
melman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #1327
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ok, finally got a bit of time to test the DC4 in VTA class for a couple of weekends. The car is very hooked up and fast. For some reason it likes to be geared about 4 teeth lower (64pitch) than most of the other cars running in the same class. Below is a great starting point for setup on carpet -

Here is a blank setup sheet to use as well -

Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #1328
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up Re...set up sheet

All my shock oils are old school, 30wt, 40wt etc. What are 500 and 300 similar too. Now the "stupid" question, I assume droop is set in the normal fashion with a droop gauge across the chassis. Thanks. We run 21.5 motor and 1450min wt. In "CANADA" EH!!!!!!! I'll have to order 4* steering all I have is 0*. Thanks for the set up and blank page.
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #1329
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Do you guys think you can make a short shock tower for the TC4? That will make this a real modern car
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #1330
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
All my shock oils are old school, 30wt, 40wt etc. What are 500 and 300 similar too. Now the "stupid" question, I assume droop is set in the normal fashion with a droop gauge across the chassis. Thanks. We run 21.5 motor and 1450min wt. In "CANADA" EH!!!!!!! I'll have to order 4* steering all I have is 0*. Thanks for the set up and blank page.
It would be similar to 40/37.5wt front and 32.5/30wt rear. For droop I'm using the Hudy droop blocks and droop gauge, take the wheels off and place the chassis on the droop blocks then measure droop at the very end of the arms using the droop gauge. 4 degree blocks will make your car easier to drive. It will also make it more stable on the straights and through bumpy sections. Less Caster will give the car more front bite into corners and make it react quicker to steering inputs. Less Caster will also make your car feel a little more twitchy.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #1331
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
Do you guys think you can make a short shock tower for the TC4? That will make this a real modern car
You would need shorter shocks to accommodate a shorter shock tower, since most guys will be running stock TC4 shocks then the only shock that might benefit would be TC6.1 shocks. It's something we will look into, if you have ideas you can ways send them to me via PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #1332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Placed a order for the DC4 last night. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #1333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit View Post
How does the motor spacer work and what's the advantage of installing it?

Thanks

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #1334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Any plans in the future for a chassis that will accommodate the esc and shorty lipo on the left?

Like how Ray has his car setup.

I think this is a great layout for a shaft car with the inline motor.
Plus you have a great place to mount your motor fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-image.jpg  

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻💪😃👍🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #1335
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default Editable Setup Sheet

I have a DC4 setup sheet with editable fields. It is too large to attach to this message. I can try and attach to a PM or definitely to an e-mail address.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote