R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #1246
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
I was hoping someone could tell me the exact hole center to hole center of the TLR100 battery strap ?
got another brand and they missed it by a couple millimeters...pos imo
thanks
Replied by PM
Old 12-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #1247
Tech Addict

Diggity, can you share some info on your TC4 conversion kit? Our main carpet class is 17.5 blinky with a FDR of 4.0-3.6 can that be accomplished with your chassis?

Which Team Associated parts will I be able to use? (arms, arm mounts)

Last edited by Bubblehead; 12-19-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #1248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[B]Just wanted to thank diggity for the GREAT parts that are on both these caster cars. Chris is running all diggity's CF and I'm "rick" has all but the chassis.

Qual'ed 3rd in 4wd buggy behind caster driver Chris and protek driver Bryan Eady. Bryan won a Nats race last year in 17.5 buggy. I was leading the 1st 4 or 5 minutes of the race until Chris got around me. I took 2nd.B]
Old 12-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #1249
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bring it on View Post
[B]Just wanted to thank diggity for the GREAT parts that are on both these caster cars. Chris is running all diggity's CF and I'm "rick" has all but the chassis.

Qual'ed 3rd in 4wd buggy behind caster driver Chris and protek driver Bryan Eady. Bryan won a Nats race last year in 17.5 buggy. I was leading the 1st 4 or 5 minutes of the race until Chris got around me. I took 2nd.B]
Results are looking great on the Caster S10B !!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #1250
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
Diggity, can you share some info on your TC4 conversion kit? Our main carpet class is 17.5 blinky with a FDR of 4.0-3.6 can that be accomplished with your chassis?

Which Team Associated parts will I be able to use? (arms, arm mounts)
It would be a bit hard to get an exact FDR since I have no idea what tires you are running but the largest spur gear you can run since the driveline has been lowered is a 69T 48pitch or similar 64pitch (i think 88).

All of the Associated parts listed in the advertisement or in our instruction manual http://www.diggitydesigns.com/downlo...-V2_Manual.pdf can be used. The stock arms and arm mounts will not work since the design of the XLR8 kits has changed all of the geometry.

You might be able to get the arms to work with some modifications or else another TC on the market possibly since the XLR8 is diverse and allows the use of many different components.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #1251
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post
Results are looking great on the Caster S10B !!
ya, after months and months of testing and changing things this car is ready to be sold to the USA people..... If anyone had one of the 1st ones, it's nothing like that anymore.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #1252
Tech Addict

Thanks
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #1253
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default desc410r

Do you think you are going to be making any carbon parts for the desc410r?
mx887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #1254
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx887 View Post
Do you think you are going to be making any carbon parts for the desc410r?
Very possible. We just got done making the DEX210 parts. Check your PM and get back with me.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #1255
Tech Elite

I went racing last night with my diggity designs caster 1/10th buggy. It was a BIG night as we had over 10 fast guys come up from California to race at our track. It was a night of N. Nevada VS N. Cal. LOL In mod 4wd buggy we had a full 10 in the A main. I would have qual'ed 3 or 4 if laped traffic didn't get into me and hung up on my wing. It's all good though. I qual'ed 5th. Before the main i put on a new set of clay raptors with proline foam but still had some real loose fitting rear switch and aka foam. I got some proline foam to try in some new rear tires i just got for my buggy. I just missed 22 laps by less the a sec. I took 4th place. The caster buggy ran great in both heats and the main with no problems at all.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #1256
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher twin point steering diggity XLR8-V2

I always had trouble with aluminum slide bar steering sticking so i changed it to schumacher twin point steering i have no binding problems and full range of adjustments
Attached Thumbnails
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1139.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1138.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1137.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1136.jpg  
jabird85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #1257
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabird85 View Post
I always had trouble with aluminum slide bar steering sticking so i changed it to schumacher twin point steering i have no binding problems and full range of adjustments
That is awesome and very informative! I will take note of this for others that might be having this issue. Is it a direct bolt on or what modifications did you make? Can you share that for others? Also, is it possible to flip your servo so the saver is towards the outside? Just wondering. Thanks for the post with the pics!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #1258
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher twin point steering diggity XLR8-V2

in order to do this i bought Schumacher twin point steering upgrade 29.99 plus shipping, right length tie rods assoiated ? length (probable tc5 tc6 steering tie rods), two 1/2" aluminum spacers form hardware store, and extra long m3 bolts use ginder to make right length. you have to drill new holes in frame two side by side to hold steering rack and to staggered to reposition servo. Note: cant remember why i had to put servo saver facing inside something wasnt working right when i did it so this is what i ended up with. Note 2: 1/2" aluminum spacers would work better in length shorted but no way shorten them at that time so i cut grove out of steering rack center support for drive shaft about half way through strength hasnt been an problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1140.jpg   Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-img_1144.jpg  
jabird85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1259
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to HighLife420 Send a message via AIM to HighLife420 Send a message via MSN to HighLife420 Send a message via Yahoo to HighLife420 Send a message via Skype™ to HighLife420

Just curious, does the TLR22 battery strap (the 4 way mounting version) replace the stock battery brace?

Might place an order if so, since the battery brace is $20 alone.
Ko Propo Eurus (EX10) Limited Edition
HighLife420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #1260
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Always fancied trying an XLR8 conversion and after alot of time playing with a tub TC4 I'm now at the end of the scope in terms of adjustment to make it go any faster. Diggity, could you tell me what the front/rear weight bias on your conversion and if the left/right chassis flex is equal. Thanks!