Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Speaking of the XLR8-V2, I currently run a pair of TC3s at my local track and I'm badly in need of an upgrade. In the past I wanted to buy an XLR8 and wanted to use LiPos but the chassis layout didn't agree. Now that is fixed and I'm taking a closer look and noticing there seems to be a lack of suspension tuning options when it comes to rear toe in and F/R kick-up. Is this accurate? Reading through the manual it seems the only rear toe in options are 1 or 2 degrees and kick-up is limited to 0. I may be wrong, I'm just having a hard time getting the right info. Please advise???
Old 06-28-2009, 01:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Speaking of the XLR8-V2, I currently run a pair of TC3s at my local track and I'm badly in need of an upgrade. In the past I wanted to buy an XLR8 and wanted to use LiPos but the chassis layout didn't agree. Now that is fixed and I'm taking a closer look and noticing there seems to be a lack of suspension tuning options when it comes to rear toe in and F/R kick-up. Is this accurate? Reading through the manual it seems the only rear toe in options are 1 or 2 degrees and kick-up is limited to 0. I may be wrong, I'm just having a hard time getting the right info. Please advise???
From the pics on the website it looks like a real nice conversion for the TC3/4.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ran the TC5 offset lipo tray for the first time this weekend and it worked great. Fit and finish where excellent and it was nice to not have my motor scrape the ground. I ran indoor asphalt with 5mm ride height and no problems with the motor hitting. Took a big hit into the wall once and the battery stayed in place with the stock graphite battery hold done.

Very nice overall setup.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
Hey all, sorry for not posting lately. Its been a long cold winter and Ive spent allot of time with the family. Cant wait to hit the dirt this summer.

Diggity Designs has just released their new B44 "Super Flexy" Front and Rear Upper Decks. Allows for more chassis twist for more traction on low bite, rough, bumpy and rutted out tracks. Works well on most any track to improve lap times. They help smooth the buggy out on bumps and switch backs. We tested these upper decks last fall at the ROAR region 5 regionals and they worked awesome. More info on the website. Here are a couple pics.

I assume they fit right onto the bj4 WE too?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

One of local racers at are track just put together the Lipo conversion for the TC3. The XLR8-V2 conversion. What a nice kit for the price. The car really did handle pretty well for the first time out.

I did get to take a few laps with it and had alot of fun trying it out. Talk about a free drivetrain. The aluminum parts are very nice and spare parts for the car IMO are not very expensive. Might look into to one of these for something a little different. Car really does have some potential in at least in VTA, 17.5 and 13.5 classes. 160 bucks for the conversion is pretty good for all you get with the kit.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a bounce back on the email I sent, so figured I'd post here:

I have a few questions I am hoping you can answer for me:

1. Will you be making Academy GV2T graphite parts similar to the GV2 Pro parts you already make?

2. Can you make a chassis conversion similar to the low CG conversion out there for the traxxas slash for the Academy GV2T so it could be made into a CORR Truck?

3. The Academy SBV2 with a new chassis, upper deck, and drive shaft could be converted into either a 4wd stadium truck, or a 4wd CORR truck. Would you be interested at all in making these parts?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default TC5

Anyone using the Diggity Wide lipo mounting brace (not the offset one) with ppd 3oz base and 2oz side weight for the tc5? I am using the smc 5200 40c lipo and wanting to get my car balanced properly once my tekin rs pro arrives this week.

Will be using four scales to balance car out once esc arrives.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Anyone using the Diggity Wide lipo mounting brace (not the offset one) with ppd 3oz base and 2oz side weight for the tc5? I am using the smc 5200 40c lipo and wanting to get my car balanced properly once my tekin rs pro arrives this week.

Will be using four scales to balance car out once esc arrives.
I have used both versions the standard and the offset lipo trays from Diggity and also used the PPD weight on both applications. Worked great. Would be still using it if I didn't switch to the Exotek chassis setup. I only used the 3oz base plate and lipo tray.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I ordered an XLR8V2 but havent heard anything about my order. Are they still available? I have sent a couple of emails but have gotten no response. Anyone know the status of the XLR8V2 conversions?

Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I ordered one at the end of June or early July and received it in about a week. I'm pretty sure you can still get one, but I think Diggity is pretty much a one man operation right now. So if something is up with Damon, it might be a little slow. He was more responsive to e-mail than this message board when I was contacting him at that time. The car took some effort to get together right, but it does work well.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the quick response..

I ordered mine last night and was kinda hoping it would be here sooner than next week maybe But it's cool.. Good things come to those who wait..

Thanks,
Chris E.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Chris Edwards
Thanks for the quick response..

I ordered mine last night and was kinda hoping it would be here sooner than next week maybe But it's cool.. Good things come to those who wait..

Thanks,
Chris E.
A guy at are track got one of those conversions about two weeks ago. When he talked with Damon he had plenty of them in stock.

I ordered from him many times and normally have my stuff in about 4 or 5 days. No worries when ordering off his website. I never got anything other than my receipt from the site after my order. Never a problem.

Not sure why Damon don't post much on this site but he is still a good place to buy from.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a question about the one piece driveshaft for TC3. Can this piece handle extreme power without twisting? Or is it designed for lightweight racing? Thanks to anyone who can answer this for me!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I guess a better question to start with is will the xlr-8 one piece driveshaft fit a stock chassis or is it only for the conversion kit?
Old 08-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

burnineyes:

Hi,

I think the XLR8 driveshaft should fit the TC3 tub chassis. I have the 420-111s in my BMI TC3 VTA car now.

WYD:

Hi,

YHPM!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.