Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Received Lipo saddle braces, rear deck and battery straps today.

No hassles install and the Trak Power batteries are in there tight!

Thanks Damon!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Hey Max didn't get to see you after your main run in Cleveland good job !
See you there in 08 !

Yeah this track is for Nitro mainly but they have two/three elec races a year , were full throttle almost full track ....

Stay Cool young man !

Last edited by KAHUNA; 05-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey Guys Quick question....

Is there a new version of the XLR8 tc4 kit available?
Just concerned about mounting a lipo. I'll be using maxamps 8000mah 2s packs which are pretty thick.

If not, Can I buy the current XLR8 kit and buy this battery mount.
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/TC5_LIPO_Brace.html

Will this work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks Guys
Old 05-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

No there isnt a new version available yet.. Some guys are using the TC5 LIPO brace to mount in their cars - you will have to do a little modification -.. You will have to order the wider brace for the maxamps pack, wich will be available shortly!!.

Hope that helps..

Damon

Originally Posted by dimerip87gt
Hey Guys Quick question....

Is there a new version of the XLR8 tc4 kit available?
Just concerned about mounting a lipo. I'll be using maxamps 8000mah 2s packs which are pretty thick.

If not, Can I buy the current XLR8 kit and buy this battery mount.
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/TC5_LIPO_Brace.html

Will this work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks Guys
Old 05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glad to know...

I think allot of guys with the B44 are pretty happy with the LIPO braces.. They are perfect for the Trakpower 4800 saddles!!

Damon

Originally Posted by tetsuo
Received Lipo saddle braces, rear deck and battery straps today.

No hassles install and the Trak Power batteries are in there tight!

Thanks Damon!
Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

What up Max!! Where you been??

Quit dreaming about that track (although I wish we had a track like that too) and come run some dirt this summer!!

Damon

Originally Posted by Max K
I wish we had a track like that in Michigan...
Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm planning on ordering the XLR8 chassis, I just bought a TC3 and the chassis is kinda trashed, but that's ok cause I knew it was when I bought it....

I'm planning on running the chassis in trans am on a carpet track... what battery set-up for 4 cell would you suggest? I'm assuming a 3+1 set-up>all rearward would probably be best??

How well do 4200's fit in the chassis, should I expect to do some massaging or just drop'em in??

Also I'm in Maryland and won't be able to order my chassis until Wends. afternoon... Is there any way I could get faster shipping to guarantee it here for the weekend??

Thanks!! Brad

Last edited by IMPACTPLAYR; 06-01-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: more questions....doh....LOL
Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Brad,

Yes, I believe that the 3-1 setup would be the best.. You can always weigh everything (electronics, motor, batteries) to make sure wich setup would be the best for overall balance!

When we cut the chassis', the battery that was out was the 3800 pack, so you will have to do a little massaging to get the 4200's to stick good, but it has been done

As for shipping, I can offer Express shipping via USPS... Can you email me with your address to [email protected] so I can send you the shipping quote?

Hope that helps, Damon

Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I'm planning on ordering the XLR8 chassis, I just bought a TC3 and the chassis is kinda trashed, but that's ok cause I knew it was when I bought it....

I'm planning on running the chassis in trans am on a carpet track... what battery set-up for 4 cell would you suggest? I'm assuming a 3+1 set-up>all rearward would probably be best??

How well do 4200's fit in the chassis, should I expect to do some massaging or just drop'em in??

Also I'm in Maryland and won't be able to order my chassis until Wends. afternoon... Is there any way I could get faster shipping to guarantee it here for the weekend??

Thanks!! Brad
Old 06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I found that the IB 4200's fit the slots without a lot of finessing, but don't put the second shrink on the cells or they won't fit between the posts for the battery brace without tweaking the chassis. I usually put a second shrink on my cells to protect the labels, etc, but that adds JUST enough (basically eight thicknesses of shrink on the 4-cell side) that it was a no-go. Now you COULD relieve the posts a bit on one side to clear the cells (which I've seen done) but I just left off the extra shrink.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
[INDENT]No there isnt a new version available yet.. Some guys are using the TC5 LIPO brace to mount in their cars - you will have to do a little modification -..
Does this run the battery "just" over on one side of the chassis then? What sort of "modification" beyond drilling and countersinking new screw hole(s) for the post(s)?

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

The LIPO pack will lay just over the chassis a little on the rear of the car.

As for mods, you pretty much nailed it!

Damon

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Does this run the battery "just" over on one side of the chassis then? What sort of "modification" beyond drilling and countersinking new screw hole(s) for the post(s)?

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Well the cars about 2/3 the way built... It's real slow going cause the donor car I decided to use had alot of worn/bent/missing parts....So I'm waiting on parts to come in...I got my first shipment yesterday, and I'm waiting on 2 more...LOL

And I've one got more question..>LOL

I've decided I wanna use the one-way from my FT car, (I just feel I personally get alot more corner speed with one and I'm running a class where I feel cornerspeed Should be king...lol) So I had to order metric 10x12 shims so I can shim it properly... However has anyone who has or is running the HD front one-way noticed that it looks like it needs more shims than the standard diff?? (I'll be using the plastic diff in ther rear)...

I love teh car so far!!! I can't wait to get it done and race it!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

also when using Losi c-hubs and carriers... what size bit do you need to bore the holes out?? or does everyone use losi hinge pins??
Old 06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

also when using Losi c-hubs and carriers... what size bit do you need to bore the holes out?? or does everyone use losi hinge pins??
Losi Hubs and Carriers should be the same size.. Ive never had to bore the holes out on any that Ive run...

On the one-way, the diff housings that we use are a little wider than a stock TC3 or TC4 so yes, you will need to shim it more

Damon
Old 06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Damon, I've tried all the associated hingepins and none will go through the losi hub or carrier hingepin holes?!?!?!? I've got 2 sets of hingepins 1 set used and one set new and I've got 4 carriers and 4 hubs.... I've ran 3 different 3/32 bits through each and nothing works!!

OHH and I've got 2 hingepins that where bent straight out of a new package!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.