Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I was thinking about get the tc3 kit, does this work well with rubber on carpet, and why are they so cheap? am I going to be able to get parts later?
Yes this car works well with rubber or foam tires on carpet.. People have went to belt cars and left most of the shaft cars to dwindle... Our kits are cheap right now because we have a bunch of them left and we are trying to cut our stock down. We have many extra parts and still support our kits to the fullest.. We have been working on a new shaft car that is all prototype as of now, but with the way TC is going we are not sure we even want to pursue this option...

Digs
Old 08-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sad to hear damon.thats a sweet looking kit.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by protc3
sad to hear damon.thats a sweet looking kit.
Thanks Jason, you dont do bad work yourself... It is a great kit, but Im sure you know exactly what Im talking about with the TC scene.. If you arent fully sponsored or getting payed to run a certain car then its not popular... Kind of the way the TC3 and TC4 has fallen of the face of the earth

Gonna be concentraiting on the 1/12th stuff for now... Should be a big year for 1/12th... Hopefully I will get to meet you at one of the races this year, perhaps the Birds...

Damon
Old 08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Lord

unfortunately the obscene prices of TC are going to end the class pretty soon.we need to go back to the days of the tc3 to keep the class alive and let the fancy cf stuff be aftermarket. your kit is sweet looking.i know what goes into it and i see alot of money invested in it.
i will be at the birds this year again bro. hit me up when your there
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

I think you got a pretty sweet looking kit, but if touring car does not take off form the slump where it is now, I will run dirt oval and I think the open diff design will just get ripped apart as well as the battery placement.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

open diff and dirt... HPI's rs4 rally pro was open diff... it is still one of the best rally cars going. Add the adjustability of XLR8 (which I know there are a lot of them out there that run dirt oval) and you will have a sweet dirt oval car. Its not like your running it in sand and lubing the diffs up like crazy right?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Digs

When are you going to release a Diggity Dirty 4 kit for everyone.
That thing is crazy stable looking
Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

1/12 is only a couple weeks away!

Damon YGPM bro.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Hey Digs

When are you going to release a Diggity Dirty 4 kit for everyone.
That thing is crazy stable looking
Shhhh, Dirt is almost done around here, the Dirty 4 will have to wait untill next year A little more prototyping and it will be dominate, it is VERY stable and fast Shizzean!!

You got to get your 1/12th kit kickin so we can go run at Fred's track, I hear that its a real nice track and the carpet is from last years Cleveland race so it was only used for that weekend.... I hope Terry Rott will finally just let it go about the "John affair" and come join us at Fred's track!

Digs
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WillS
open diff and dirt... HPI's rs4 rally pro was open diff... it is still one of the best rally cars going. Add the adjustability of XLR8 (which I know there are a lot of them out there that run dirt oval) and you will have a sweet dirt oval car. Its not like your running it in sand and lubing the diffs up like crazy right?
Hey Will, that is very true, we have allot of guys using our kit for dirt and carpet Oval....
Old 08-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Diggs question, how thin can I machine the center of the arms and still maintain rigidity? Trying to put the car on a diet. Also has anyone tried the tc5 parts yet? Do they fit? Last, there use to be a shaft oneway out there and was wondering if you happened to play with it in the car to maintain diffs front and rear. This car is ridiculous when it comes to steering. LOVE IT!

Im tryin to get leave to run the snowbirds in 08 since looks like our ship isnt going anywhere til June.

Last edited by WillS; 08-25-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: more stuff wanting to ask
Old 08-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WillS
Diggs question, how thin can I machine the center of the arms and still maintain rigidity? Trying to put the car on a diet. Also has anyone tried the tc5 parts yet? Do they fit? Last, there use to be a shaft oneway out there and was wondering if you happened to play with it in the car to maintain diffs front and rear. This car is ridiculous when it comes to steering. LOVE IT!

Im tryin to get leave to run the snowbirds in 08 since looks like our ship isnt going anywhere til June.

Hey Will,

You can machine .030 on each side of the arms, just keep the area where the hinge pins slide in as thick as they are now... No, I have not tried any of the TC5 parts as of yet, and I havent tried a one-way on the shaft... The one-way diff works well though....

Digs
Old 08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Diggity

You got to get your 1/12th kit kickin so we can go run at Fred's track, I hear that its a real nice track and the carpet is from last years Cleveland race so it was only used for that weekend.... I hope Terry Rott will finally just let it go about the "John affair" and come join us at Fred's track!

Digs
How's the brushless pod coming along?

I heard some of the carpet is Johns old stuff?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Wassup Sean? Been awhile. To answer your question, none of the old carpet is being used. Not even for the drivers stand or burn-off strip. The track is super smooth and big enough to run mod. Something this area has needed for awhile. Plus the Churros are the bomb! With the space that Fred is in, there are a lot of spectators. We had about 20 people watching one of our practice races yesterday. So get your shizz together and come out next weekend. The 3D12 is still dialed.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

or you could come out and practice on Tuesday nights!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.