R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #616
Tech Regular

I was thinking the car might not be transfering weight off the rear. Problem is, when someone says it's scrubbing speed, that can mean different things to different people. Scrubbing speed can be because the rear is too locked down and not allowed to rotate.....I dunno.....just throwing stuff out there.
Anyways, did you get a hold of Denney?
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

Well a stiffer spring in the rear and some more droop then....

And no i haven't got a hold of Denney yet

Max K
Old 07-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #618
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygoat View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys and help. Yes I often use my radio to make the finer adjustments, I didn't use it over the weekend because I felt I needed to get the basic setup as close to right as possible. You will see on the setup sheet that I haven't put in the shock oils, thats cause I don't know what they are, as I didn't have time to change them from when I got the car, they feel heavy, I think the car was setup for carpet before I got it.

Cheers
Kim

Hey Kim,

First of all I would get rid of the 6degree front caster blocks and go with either 0 or 2degree for ashpalt. I would also change the shock oil to 60wt front and 40wt rear because Cristo had it setup for high-bite carpet racing. I would also check the inner pistons as you will want to run #3's in the front and #2's in the rear with Purple front springs and Gold rear springs. I would run the 2degree rear hinge pin block and use 2 degrees of camber all around the car. Run your diffs even or have the front diff a little looser than the rear. Use about .5degree of toe-out. Go with maximum droop for ashpalt unless the surface becomes high-bite then you will want to start using less droop. Mount your front shocks to the shock tower as you have them but put the rear shocks down one hole so it would be the third in from the outside. Run your front upper links in the upper most inner position and your rear upper links in the outer lower position. You can also mess with a little bit of anti-dive to help it calm down entering corners...

That should get your car to feel a TON better than it was. I would also be curious to know what tires you are running, rubber or foam? and what shore or compounds?

Try it out and let us know how it goes...

later, Digs
TeamDiggityDesigns
Old 07-23-2007, 06:07 AM   #619
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Damon,

Recieved my shock towers and stuff for the "ACADEMY V2 Pro" You sure do nice work. Gald to be associated with a team like this!!!!

Talk to you soon!
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #620
Tech Apprentice

Hi Digs,

Thanks for your help and everyone else. I will try your setup soon, I'm a bit swapped with work but will hopefully be out at the track soon.
On the tires, i'm running Nitro Shoes, 40's up front and 35's on the rear.
I have rebuilt the shocks, Cristo had blue and purple oils in them, any ideas what they might have been?

Cheers
Kim
Teddygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 AM   #621
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygoat View Post
.....I have rebuilt the shocks, Cristo had blue and purple oils in them, any ideas what they might have been?

Cheers
Kim
Windex and bushing lube?....Naw, couldn't be. Sounds like different shades of dirty. Tell yer boss you need time off to make life changing adjustments to your core of well-being. That always(never) works for me. Good luck, Kim.

Jason
Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #622
Tech Addict

It was probably losi oil....yeah losi is weird like that

Max K
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #623
Tech Fanatic

Ahhh, summer summer summer...

Well, Diggity Designs will be updating our popular 1/12th kits to accept brushless motors with ease for this winter's racing season. The chassis and rear pods will be redesigned to make room for brushless motor mounting and we will be making our own new aluminum bulkheads so you can run smaller tires and again make room for brushless motors.. New kits will not be available until Sept or Oct... We will keep the forum posted on progress!!

Digs
Old 07-31-2007, 04:18 AM   #624
Tech Regular

Hey bro. Missed ya on Sun. That rear brace is golden! Get a hold of me so we can hit the MARS race in Vicksburg. You can roll with me if you want.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #625
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Digs,
Hit me up bro'
-Fred
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #626
Tech Addict

Damon,

Thanks for the arms this weekend!!! They make the BJ less breakable.

Max K
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #627
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K View Post
Damon,

Thanks for the arms this weekend!!! They make the BJ less breakable.

Max K

Hey Max... No problem brudda... Actually having you guys test them out is great! I think we will end up selling them as an upgrade for all the BJ4 homies out there...

Was fun running with boatman, where did the rest of you guys go at the start of the main

later, Digs
Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #628
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post

Hey Max... No problem brudda... Actually having you guys test them out is great! I think we will end up selling them as an upgrade for all the BJ4 homies out there...

Was fun running with boatman, where did the rest of you guys go at the start of the main

later, Digs
Digs,

lol yeah...there was a 3 car crash before the table top. but then when Boatman can up to lap me he took me out and let dudda by....

Max K
Old 08-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #629
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity View Post
Ahhh, summer summer summer...

Well, Diggity Designs will be updating our popular 1/12th kits to accept brushless motors with ease for this winter's racing season. The chassis and rear pods will be redesigned to make room for brushless motor mounting and we will be making our own new aluminum bulkheads so you can run smaller tires and again make room for brushless motors.. New kits will not be available until Sept or Oct... We will keep the forum posted on progress!!

Digs

I might be interested in the bulkheads depending on if I go Brushless or not, and im kinda getting tired or this crc red.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #630

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I was thinking about get the tc3 kit, does this work well with rubber on carpet, and why are they so cheap? am I going to be able to get parts later?