R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-09-2007, 04:13 AM   #601
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K View Post
Digs,

YGPM of some pretty intense stuff about race-changing things that are going to happen GR... and some other stuff

Max K
Max- Check post #581 and send me YGPM!...... and get a car ready for Grand Blanc.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #602
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

My car is ready for 13.5 rubber/foam already, got a new mazdaspeed 6 body painted for it too. I'm gonna practice today and do some driveway racing (i'm such a nerd)

Max K
Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WillS Send a message via Yahoo to WillS

A few pictures before all the silver parts went to the anodizing shop. Should look good when all is blue. Current electronic setup: Mamba Max, Spektrum, Airtronics servo. Running stock and 19t. Chassis handled well during practice sessions. Will see what happens after getting it back together all blue. Gunna have to pick up another kit so I can get a mod setup going. Digs thanks for the great design.
Attached Thumbnails
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-picture-001.jpg  
WillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:09 AM   #604
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default XLR8 in South Africa

Hi Digs,

I recieved my XLR8 from Chris Cristo, it is awesome! I will be running it this weekend in our leg of the South African Nationals, I haven't had a chance to practice with it yet, but have started with your tar setup, so will go straight into qualifying like that, it might be a long weekend of trying different setups.
Hopefully I can do fairly well with it.

Cheers
Kim
Teddygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #605
Tech Apprentice

Well, as I thought it was a long weekend of trying to get used to a new chassis, figure out gearing and get a good setup. I was very slow in the begining and the car had way to much steering, I did harden up the front and got a bit more control and my times did improve but i was still way bellow what i'm used to. Overall I could see the car had potential to be fast, but because of the limited time i had, I never found the right setup. If anyone has some outdoor tar setups that they have used, please could you share, I will post my final setup from the weekend and state the problems I had with it. They might be of some help to others.

Cheers
Kim
Old 07-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #606
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygoat View Post
Well, as I thought it was a long weekend of trying to get used to a new chassis, figure out gearing and get a good setup. I was very slow in the begining and the car had way to much steering, I did harden up the front and got a bit more control and my times did improve but i was still way bellow what i'm used to. Overall I could see the car had potential to be fast, but because of the limited time i had, I never found the right setup. If anyone has some outdoor tar setups that they have used, please could you share, I will post my final setup from the weekend and state the problems I had with it. They might be of some help to others.

Cheers
Kim
Post yer setup and we'll see what we can do. Believe me, the car is fast. Where, exactly, were you having problems? Long sweepers? Quick switch backs? Everywhere? Remember you're running a car with a 3mm chassis and top deck. Not a noodle like everyone else probably is.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 AM   #607
Tech Apprentice

Hi Stamp,

The car was scrubing off a lot of speed in the coner entrance and mid section, but then felt like i had understeer in the exit. I'll try get a setup sheet post soon. Thanks
Kim
Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #608
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$

Try adjusting your radio. It can help in a lot of ways with scrubbing off speed.

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #609
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by $rusty$ View Post
Try adjusting your radio. It can help in a lot of ways with scrubbing off speed.
Definately true. Radio adjustments are some of the best tuning options. Though it sounds to me as if the car is not being allowed to rotate. The rear could be too planted. Let's see that set-up.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #610
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Stamp,

The car was scrubing off a lot of speed in the coner entrance and mid section, but then felt like i had understeer in the exit. I'll try get a setup sheet post soon. Thanks
Kim
Hey Kim, What degree caster blocks are you using? also which front steering blocks are you using (i.e. Losi or Assoc TC3 or TC4?).. If you have the tuning guide that came with the kit, you can also refrence your problem to that and it should guide you to what you need to do.. As Stampede says, looking at your setup will help us help you out

later, Digs
TeamDiggityDesigns
Old 07-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #611
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys and help. Yes I often use my radio to make the finer adjustments, I didn't use it over the weekend because I felt I needed to get the basic setup as close to right as possible. You will see on the setup sheet that I haven't put in the shock oils, thats cause I don't know what they are, as I didn't have time to change them from when I got the car, they feel heavy, I think the car was setup for carpet before I got it.

Cheers
Kim
Attached Thumbnails
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components-setup.jpg  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:19 AM   #612
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys and help. Yes I often use my radio to make the finer adjustments, I didn't use it over the weekend because I felt I needed to get the basic setup as close to right as possible. You will see on the setup sheet that I haven't put in the shock oils, thats cause I don't know what they are, as I didn't have time to change them from when I got the car, they feel heavy, I think the car was setup for carpet before I got it.

Cheers
Kim
Man....tough to read. First off, I would add more droop. Start with 2mm above ride height front and rear. What you're running now is pretty darn close to what we were running on carpet. Tear the shocks down when you get a chance and let us know what pistons you're running. Probably drop a spring rate in front. I know Diggs can get you dialed in.

Jason
Old 07-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #613
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Well the setup looks good but I would change the oil in the shocks just because it might be oil for carpet and since you don't know what oil is in there. i would probably go with 40wt all around with#2 pistons. As for what Stampede said more droop might help too. Try 2 in front and 3 in rear. you could also try to add some kickup in the front. The kickup will help you coming out of the corner, being more stable and it will allow you to have more on-power steering.

Or you could try to stand up your shocks a little bit. Having the Shocks stnading up more would make the car stiffer. If your scrubbing off speed stiffer is probably better.

Hope this helps...

Max K
Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #614
Tech Regular

I dunno, bro. The shocks are almost standing as upright as they can. I'm thinking to try to get more weight transfer, front and back. I think it's more than just a "stiffness" issue. Bring yours to Grand Blanc tomorrow, if you can. Maybe we could mess around and get a set-up for it there. I got an extra speedo and rx to use.

Teddygoat- We don't run too much foam asphalt around here so bear with us.

Jason
Old 07-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #615
Tech Addict

Yeah but scrubbing off speed means too much weight transfer. more weight transfer would allow the tires to dig into the pavemant alot more. If your scrubbing OFF speed that means that you have too much grip. so you would want the car to get a little looser and maybe have a little bit of a sliding feel to it. Thats what ive heard from the Pro's of real racing... just another opinnion.

Max K