R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dont forget about the cd12 rick with the regular battery layout, its all what you prefer
Old 06-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #587
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
dont forget about the cd12 rick with the regular battery layout, its all what you prefer
Yeah, thats the one......
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #588
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool DIGGITY DESIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Mr. Brown, I was watching Karl and you run last week and I am impressed with the car and your ability to drive it on asphalt. I've seen Karl many times at the C and knew he can drive there.... I am putting the HDD3D on or near the top of my list for buying a 12 scale car this summer..... And no T bar.. Just what I'm looking for!!!

BTW, more than a couple of people walked away last weekend impressed with your racing Mr. Brown... Including me.....
Thank Ya Rick , I must have did something right because it hard to impress you ! I guess with some more track time I could have did maybe two or three more laps , Not as many as Dave C. or Ray D. their in a diff time zone . Maybe with a diff set up tires and lots more track time , Its just to far to go up an practice , If I lived close to the track it would be a diff. story . I guess I did ok for the second time on asphalt with the 3D12 . And your right nothing broke on the car , No " T " thingies to worry about the Pivot Block works great ! Karl's CD12 didn't have any problems neither he looked real good for only 4 or 5 times on that track !
I'm glad the other people like the race because it was a Blast for 8 min. and glad to be part of that race ! cant wait till next year !

me . . .
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #589
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

Quote:
Mr. Brown, I was watching Karl and you run last week and I am impressed with the car and your ability to drive it on asphalt. I've seen Karl many times at the C and knew he can drive there.... I am putting the HDD3D on or near the top of my list for buying a 12 scale car this summer..... And no T bar.. Just what I'm looking for!!!

BTW, more than a couple of people walked away last weekend impressed with your racing Mr. Brown... Including me.....
Nova F1,

The CD12 is a very nice car...easy to maintain, doesn't get out of tweak very easily, holds a good line even if you get out of the groove. The 3mm chassis is also good on very high bit carpet... traction rolls are lessened. If the car still seems to traction rolls just go up a shore in the front tires and possibly glue the outer edge of the tire. You could also take some caster out of the front (like from a 10 to a 5) when it pushes do the opposite of the above.

The car defiantly has potential. I piloted one at the ROAR Nats at CEFX raceway in Detroit. The car was awesome. I was the only Diggity Designs driver to get 43 laps. Made the qualified 3rd in the C-main. Digs would know he was watching on LiveRC... I think I could have atleast of made the top of the B-Main with good Batteries, a decent speedcontroller (I was only using a GTS!!!! I dont know if i told digs that yet??) and the Motor power. As i said before the car does have potential.

Theres a little help in your decision... a privateer (and a kid) making it to the top of the C-Main. Have anymore questions just ask and me or Diggity Designs Drivers.

Max K
Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #590
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAHUNA View Post
Thank Ya Rick , I must have did something right because it hard to impress you ! I guess with some more track time I could have did maybe two or three more laps , Not as many as Dave C. or Ray D. their in a diff time zone . Maybe with a diff set up tires and lots more track time , Its just to far to go up an practice , If I lived close to the track it would be a diff. story . I guess I did ok for the second time on asphalt with the 3D12 . And your right nothing broke on the car , No " T " thingies to worry about the Pivot Block works great ! Karl's CD12 didn't have any problems neither he looked real good for only 4 or 5 times on that track !
I'm glad the other people like the race because it was a Blast for 8 min. and glad to be part of that race ! cant wait till next year !

me . . .
Your welcome Tom. Watching Karl go from student driver to where he is now with the 12 scale is something... Ray and Dave are on another level... Ray had 2 days of practice too... You held your own and I wonder if you had the same practice time just how you would have qualified and finished...

And yes, for me to be impressed by a couple of local drivers against the class of the east coast does not happen very often. But then again what you guys did still has me ( and a couple of regulars ) shaking their heads....

And lastly I have narrowed the choice down to 2 cars... Diggy-Doo is one and I'm sure you know who the other one is...
RC Tech member #11
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #591
Tech Regular

I'm so jealous right now. I'm DYIN' to run some on-road. Congrats, gentlemen, on your performances. Hopefully we'll get to see some non-dirt action in the near future. What were you fellas using for traction compound and what bodies were you running?
Max- I would have had 50 if it wasn't for those freakin' 3 foot flappers. Probably not, but I hated those things.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:45 AM   #592
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I'm so jealous right now. I'm DYIN' to run some on-road. Congrats, gentlemen, on your performances. Hopefully we'll get to see some non-dirt action in the near future. What were you fellas using for traction compound and what bodies were you running?
Max- I would have had 50 if it wasn't for those freakin' 3 foot flappers. Probably not, but I hated those things.
Yeah I hated those things like on the first lap, 10 cars going into the corner at once is never good for someone, one bumps me and i get shoved underneath the flapper. The whole field goes by THEN the marshal gets me.....

Max K
Old 06-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #593
Tech Apprentice

Max - I need a PM too...

Digs - Next time I see you we need to talk CD12...

Denney
Denney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Quote:
me, paragon and speed 12b
Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #595
Tech Champion

Your right Nova. Karl has come a long way. Since he has gotten the Diggity, He has even gotten better. Have fun in the dirt Karl. See you in the fall.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #596
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K View Post
Yeah I hated those things like on the first lap, 10 cars going into the corner at once is never good for someone, one bumps me and i get shoved underneath the flapper. The whole field goes by THEN the marshal gets me.....

Max K
And thats exactly what to marshall should do... How many times has a marshall ran onto the track without looking behind first and the marshall takes out a running car....
RC Tech member #11
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Quote:
And thats exactly what to marshall should do... How many times has a marshall ran onto the track without looking behind first and the marshall takes out a running car....
I don't think he meant that it was the wrong thing to do. Just that it sux.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #598
Tech Champion

Quote:
I don't think he meant that it was the wrong thing to do. Just that it sux.

Ohh... Sorry... The first turn can be a qual/race killer... Just watch Formula 1....
RC Tech member #11
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #599
Tech Elite

Offroad has been goin good so far I tq'd and got 5th in the amain
Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #600
Tech Addict

Digs,

YGPM of some pretty intense stuff about race-changing things that are going to happen GR... and some other stuff

Max K