Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components >

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components

Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
Looks good the old one tends to blend into a body qite a bit.

We are running CD12 on both Carpet (Astroturf) and tarmac and ran on tarmac for the first time last weekend. However we gave up after a few runs as traction was a real problem (dust on the track was a problem) and in NZ we don't use tyre additive.

Any ideas of a starting point

we are using
Associated Silver (blue) center spring
White Side springs
300 Much More Shock oil
10,000 Mugen oil in the dampners
Kawada 25 rears (we have found these work best in the low grip with no compounts)
Kawada equlivent to purple on the front
0.20 Front springs
A little over 3.0mm ride hight all round
Using a V2 9 single

Bascially the same as we ran in the L4 donour but no t-bar is kind of different.

Any pointers would help thanks.
Well you can soften the whole car all around to get it to gain traction... If your problem is oversteering and spinning out then you will want to make the front end harder and soften the rear (you can use harder front springs, less aggressive caster, less dampening and shock oil, harder front tires, softer rear tires, use blue rear side springs, use a softer shock spring, and batteries positioned to the rear) If the problem is that it pushes then you would do the opposite (use softer front springs, softer tires in the front, harder in the rear, use harder shock oil and more dampening, use the red side springs, use a harder shock spring, batteries positioned to the front). If you can explain in better description on what was making it lose traction then I can get more in dept! If all the cars on the track had the same problem then Im guessing that its the surface?? 3mm ride height is quite low for asphalt and I would assume for astoturf also, try running about 3.5 to 4mm ride height..Let me know..

Damon
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply we were mainly having rear traction problems but the track was really dusty which I think was part of the problem (I'm just the mechanic here)

One other question when we push down a rear body post it will lift a front wheel - is this something to worry about or is a mismatch between the center spring and side springs. Sorry for the noob questions just finding this car a little different to the old L4.

Yep first race this Saturday on astroturf so we will get an idea of how it goes
Old 03-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShrekNZ
Thanks for the reply we were mainly having rear traction problems but the track was really dusty which I think was part of the problem (I'm just the mechanic here)

One other question when we push down a rear body post it will lift a front wheel - is this something to worry about or is a mismatch between the center spring and side springs. Sorry for the noob questions just finding this car a little different to the old L4.

Yep first race this Saturday on astroturf so we will get an idea of how it goes

Lifting a front wheel when you push on the rear body posts is perfectly normal! If you follow the tips in the last post for the rear traction then you should be set, definately let me know how it goes!! and make sure they blow off any dusty tracks with a leaf blower or something that should help some, possibly ask if you can spray grape soda in the corners and that will help allot also!

Damon
Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Damon: I really dig...(no pun intended) the new logo, I think its a little hard to read though. I will take a stab at it myself later on... Hope your getting some sleep and enjoying your new child. Talk to you soon!!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Damon,

The car was great down at CEFX.....WOW thats A LOT OF TRACTION!!!!!!!! Had to glue both front and rear tires. My CD12 was dialed though. I though I did pretty good with 8 Month old batteries and James Brink power plant!!!!! I wanna thank Terry Rott for hookin' me up with the new speedo after mine went nuclear banana on me. yeah my car was dialed if i had some good batteries i could have been at the top of the B!!!! I was the only Diggity designs driver that got 43 laps woot!!! maybe i'll see you on saturday?? I have all my touring car stuff ready for you...

Congrats on the new addition to the family...

Max K
Old 03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

lol max, hey thanx for letting me by in the main, that was cool. even though i did the best out of the diggity team, and got the fastest lap, i wont brag, lol. man the traction at cefx was wicked, no tration one minute then traction rolling the next, crazy. never take the glue off youre frt tires, EVER. well, ill see team diggity at the local this saturday. but leave the teeth on my spur k max? lol. fasha fasha fasha.... fasha can u hear me.... fasha fasha fasha, lol, a little inside humor.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

dialed
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apl Hed
lol max, hey thanx for letting me by in the main, that was cool. even though i did the best out of the diggity team, and got the fastest lap, i wont brag, lol. man the traction at cefx was wicked, no tration one minute then traction rolling the next, crazy. never take the glue off youre frt tires, EVER. well, ill see team diggity at the local this saturday. but leave the teeth on my spur k max? lol. fasha fasha fasha.... fasha can u hear me.... fasha fasha fasha, lol, a little inside humor.
OMG!!!LOL I re-watched that movie. I thought you were crazy, but now i can see your nuts....ah thank you

I think that Mo payed me back in 19turn...

Max K
btw: nice sig

DIALED
Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool HOT DIGGITY

Digs I like the flames and the D's looks like cat eyes ready for attack !
I'll take some of them with a few parts that I'll be ordering please ! - - cool !

Also the package was delivered to are secret agent Nano !
Old 03-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Max K
OMG!!!LOL I re-watched that movie. I thought you were crazy, but now i can see your nuts....ah thank you

I think that Mo payed me back in 19turn...

Max K
btw: nice sig

DIALED
lol i love gold, the tashte of it, the shmell of it, the texshture.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

hehe, """""Minus 22"""""""
Anyway....Im ready for nitro season! All this nice weather is great.

Digs,
That race sounds like fun....if its an invational then you kinda have to be invited right??? I wonder if i could get out of school again??? hehe maybe. When and where is it?? LMK

Max K

(DIALED?????)
Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Max K
hehe, """""Minus 22"""""""
Anyway....Im ready for nitro season! All this nice weather is great.

Digs,
That race sounds like fun....if its an invational then you kinda have to be invited right??? I wonder if i could get out of school again??? hehe maybe. When and where is it?? LMK

Max K

(DIALED?????)
WHAT!!!!??? i didnt have any CORN!!!??? lol
I left a floata!!!!!

the invitational is in cleveland at the gate, and the "invitational" part is its own class, for the pros that earned it, somehow i dont know. but anyone can sign up, just the ppl that were invited will be in the invited class. ill just run the 1/12 normal joe class. i thank you, lol.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

oops i forgot........

d i a l e d
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Max: Its called an invitational, but they are running an open class also for touring and 1/12th scale. I just really wany to go since I missed the Nats..

Apl: "Jimmy John" is that Dialed or more like this Dialed?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Had a great time at our local track yesterday!! It was good to get back out after a 4 week break.. I had fun trying to beat Terry and James, I was right there!! I wanted to say great job to Jason DOODAD and Max as they were really strong in the A-main also!! Seems like the new D12 cars have helped turn you both into some fine drivers!! The article about the 3D12 in the April issue of Extreme RC cars is pretty cool, its neat to get a little recognition!!

Damon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.