R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #256
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool S U R G E !

Bob , I need to get thicker damper oil , And I'm going to try heavier side springs on , still a little twichy I have 16.5 lbs on now ! Also did you try the front holes on the top plate for the dampers yet ? Your right had to take alot of steering out !!!!
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies

Last edited by KAHUNA; 07-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #257
Tech Elite

Cool S U R G E !

Hope this turns out ! And I need a smaller receiver
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies

Last edited by KAHUNA; 07-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #258
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

whatya think about the halloween classic digs? oct 27 weekend. maybe we should hit up that race. let me know, ill drive.
v2 is working awsome, after new skins.

L8R
Apl Hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is this the Apl hed i met down @ snowbirds a few years ago?? if it is whats up man... its Arvin.. we hung out down there during the week... hit me up bro!!

arv.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #260
Tech Regular

Tom ,
I;m still running the V 1 car that I converted to dual cefx tubes with some creative parts swapping .... I'm running the old skool frt end , servo flat , steering links level and straight , its more stable than my L4 ever was , no twitchyness . try the old skool frt end if you get a chance you might like it ................... I'll be at cefx this weekend for the free food race
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #261
Tech Elite

Cool S U R G E !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCsilly
Tom ,
I;m still running the V 1 car that I converted to dual cefx tubes with some creative parts swapping .... I'm running the old skool frt end , servo flat , steering links level and straight , its more stable than my L4 ever was , no twitchyness . try the old skool frt end if you get a chance you might like it ................... I'll be at cefx this weekend for the free food race
Bob
Yeah I run mine flat , I tried crc blue still need thicker oil and I think I'll be set . Cornering is so much better then with the crc chassis . Please post some picture of the new Hallo hobbies ( CEFX ) track !
Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #262
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Will the TC4 steering rack work on the XLR8? The steering rack on my XLR8 is free when moved by hand (no servo linkage), but it binds so bad when the servo is connected that the servo can't turn the wheels to full lock or recenter correctly. The rack is shimmed as per the directions. I'm using an airtronics 94758 servo and a Kimborough saver. Any suggestions? I'd like to try the TC4 style rack if it will fit
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #263
Tech Regular

It will work with a little bit of riggin'. Try finding a sleeve that will allow you to use the rack bushings on the rack screws. Then the TC3/4 rack will work with no problems. A guy did that with his last weekend at our track. He just found a temporary solution that was to shim the bearings one way to keep them tight. A sleeve would be the optimal solution or bearings with the right dimensions. I'm working on this very thing, right now.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #264
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default TC3/4 steering rack

The TC3/4 steering rack works great!!! you need to get some 5-40 bolts to get rid of the excess slop in the bearings. Thats what I found out from a little trial and error. You also have to take the spring out of the rack. you need to take the spring out because the screw sticks out and will hit the chassis.

Max K
Old 10-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo
Will the TC4 steering rack work on the XLR8? The steering rack on my XLR8 is free when moved by hand (no servo linkage), but it binds so bad when the servo is connected that the servo can't turn the wheels to full lock or recenter correctly. The rack is shimmed as per the directions. I'm using an airtronics 94758 servo and a Kimborough saver. Any suggestions? I'd like to try the TC4 style rack if it will fit
The steering rack on the XLR8 has been updated!! The steering bushings were the problem since they were a one piece bushing they were fighting eachother (never had a problem with the prototype parts). Simple fix was to cut the bushings into two parts making 4 bushings similar to the stock TC3 bushings.. This got rid of binding when force is applied! now the rack is smooth! The TC4 rack will not fit, We have mounted the stock TC3 rack and that will work if thats your last option.. We are also raising the rack to get rid of some of the bump steer, it also makes it so you can get full right to left throw without any problems.. The kits have been updated as well.

We are also mounting the shocks on the inside of the shock tower and flipping the arms around.. You will have to shim the shocks out a little at the top on the shock tower, but this makes the car very quick on short or tight tracks..

holla, Digs
Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #266
Tech Fanatic

Max, Jason:
I will give the new steering bushings to Tim so he can bring them to you on Sat morning, I wont be there till about 1:30 if I can even make it... He will let you know whats up.. Let me know if you guys get it right...

The new D12V2 appears to need WAY heavy dampening, maybe even go to the three shock set-up!! You will want to run 20 or 22 front springs and make sure your electronics are mounted far back on the chassis... you can also try the 5degree front blocks? IMPORTANT: Make sure when you set your ride height to make sure there is a slight arch between the main chassis and the rear pod or you will not get the rear end to work quite right, this is a little different operation then a typical 1/12th rear end. The middle spring needs to take most of the weight transfer on the chassis, not the side springs.. Also make sure you have some rear droop on the shock and rear pod... K, cool!

l8tr, Digs
Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #267
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K

I was actually going to try the electronics mounted near the back of the main chassis to give the rear end more weight. That will prolly help with the rear end hopping. As for side springs. Digs do you have any extra's? I need some.

Max K
Old 10-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #268
Tech Apprentice

Max - I've got an extra spring set in my toolbox, in case you don't get any from anyone else.

Denney
(p.s. Got the V2 kit...thanks Damon!)
Denney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #269
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max K
I was actually going to try the electronics mounted near the back of the main chassis to give the rear end more weight. That will prolly help with the rear end hopping. As for side springs. Digs do you have any extra's? I need some.

Max K
No problem, Ill give a couple sets to Tim...
Old 10-14-2006, 10:45 PM   #270
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Is this the Apl hed i met down @ snowbirds a few years ago?? if it is whats up man... its Arvin.. we hung out down there during the week... hit me up bro!!

arv.
hey, whats up arvin? its been a long time, howz it going? all is well here, just ran the diggity D-12 V-2 today, TQed but had issues in the main.
so have u been to another snowbirds since? i have not, poss going to the halloween classic, will u be there? i did alot of nitro touring this past summer, midwest series, took 7th overall. stepping up to 1/8th scale nitro onroad next summer, cant wait.
well, it was cool hearing from u, hit me back.

L8R

john mcintosh
Apl Hed is offline   Reply With Quote