R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #241
Tech Addict

Last edited by RichChang; 09-26-2006 at 12:41 PM.
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs to Sponsor the 3rd annual Cleveland Warm-up Race at rcottawa

Diggity Designs will be a proud sponsor of the 3rd annual Cleveland warm-up race at rcottawa in Ontario Canada.. We are giving them an XLR8 kit to give away at the race. If you dont have plans then I would check it out HERE
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #243
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCsilly
Looks good ............ be prepared to start dailing out dual rate , this car has tons of steering ! enjoy !
Bob

Bob: Thats why the batteries were moved slightly to the rear on the V2 and the mounting locations for the electronics are also more to the back of the chassis! Its nice to have the steering when you need it
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey DC!!

sup bruthah!! sending you a PM in a minute... gotta catch up on things..

Arvin!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:02 AM   #245
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity
Diggity Designs will be a proud sponsor of the 3rd annual Cleveland warm-up race at rcottawa in Ontario Canada.. We are giving them an XLR8 kit to give away at the race. If you dont have plans then I would check it out HERE

The dates for this race are OCTOBER 27th, 28th, and 29th....
Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #246
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Hey DC!!

sup bruthah!! sending you a PM in a minute... gotta catch up on things..

Arvin!
Whats up Arv!! Yeah I got that PM, going to call you this week on that!! Ive heard you been playin with a bike this summer!! Now its time to do that indoor racing thing Hey also wanted to thank you for being my wheels at the Birds a couple years back, I wouldnt have been able to do shiznit without you there bro!!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yeah man no sweat.... hit me up when ya get chance. catch up with ya..

BTW.. it is time for indoor like ya said!!

arv.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #248
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
BTW.. it is time for indoor like ya said!!

arv.
The temp. has droped and everyone is heading indoors thats for sure !
And most of the guys are getting ready for Cleveland now ! ! !
Arv. I know your going to the Snowbirds but what about Cleveland !
Your going to love your new ride, it is a real Sweet ride !!!!!!!
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 AM   #249
Tech Regular

Ran the V2 at our first race of the season. Love this car! Placed 4th in the A. I put the stiffer side springs on for next weekend and I think that'll be the hot ticket. Traction went from absolutely none to a reasonable amount of grip in a short time. Don't forget to keep them damper tubes lubed up, people. Thinking about going from 30K to 50K in the tubes.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #250
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity
the gate (10 minutes from the cleveland's holiday inn) will also be racing that weekend for the fourth annual running of the halloween classic. if you want to test the car against the midwest's best carpet drivers, this is where it's at. club race results are generally worthless to anyone with a head on their shoulders. put it in the main here, and everybody will be a believer.

we will also be having our usual, prechamps warmup week immediately before cleveland. new carpet, new subfloor, same competitive attitude.

this is not meant as a shameless plug, but moreso an opportunity to race against the best. a chance for unmistakable results for team diggity.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #251
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
club race results are generally worthless to anyone with a head on their shoulders.
Trust me. I'm not trying to be a prick, but to a relative new-comer like myself, my making the "A" is a huge step up from last year.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #252
Tech Elite

congrats on the great finish. i certainly was not intending to take that away form you, or anyone who is improving. i wasn't singling anyone out. i promise. most of the success stores here are primarily based on club races at fairly obscure joints. the car and your accomplishments could be darn good, but without comparing them to the proven winners, nobody will ever know. the last (and only) time i saw the car, it spent more time on two wheels, then it did on all four. i'm sure that was a bad weekend.

we had a big race in april, irp and trackside have had some good regional races this spring/summer, but i've not heard of any results at any of them. at some point, a great car will get great results. on carpet, the rdx is a prime example of that. i'm just giving you guys some opportunities to "xlr8" that process.

the difference between a good car, and a bad one is only two tenths or so. in my mind, the car is not proven as capable until it is matching hot laps, or ending up a few seconds off tq at a big race. i'm not saying its not capable, but that the proof lies in the results, or lack thereof.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #253
Tech Regular

I was actually referring to the D12 V2. But your comments do ring true. I probably get too much gratification from my personal "victories". But alas...they are victories, none-the-less. I'll get a chance to put my meager skills to the test come Thanksgiving. We have some top-notch racers around here. Not as many as you see @ "The Gate" or "CEFX", but definately some good competition.

P.S.- When did you get a chance to see the XLR8?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #254
Tech Elite

i saw it at cefx some months ago. it was a rough weekend for digs, as he didn't get there until sunday, maybe. so i'll cut him some slack.... this time.

seems like most of you are running the d12. i want to see the xlr8 in top form, and i thought this might be a good chance. it's basically a three day club race... with 200 entries.

i want to make it up your way a time or two this season. if not, we'll see you at the champs.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:06 AM   #255
Tech Regular

I'd love to make it for the warm-up. But, it's quite an investment just going to the "big race". So....no warm-up for me. I'll be practicing around here 'till I get a chance to get to CEFX.