R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #1021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks. Our tracks down here have been pretty consistant over the years. Either Sugar water or some have used grape soda. Most use sugar water.It seems no one down here has any 5 degree blocks.I might be able to get some by next weekend.If not -I 'll run what I've got. So far I switched the front end to green progressives(had them new in a bag) with the long king pins.Al shock have been switched to 35 oil. Side shocks with Ass. gold springs and center shock is a old delta with a silver spring.I could go to the TC associated shock for the middle but wanted to save the weight.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #1022
Tech Elite

I got my 5 degree blocks from Darkside today. They have been installed.Now it's time to correct the frontend and get my ride height ready for the weekend.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #1023
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
I got my 5 degree blocks from Darkside today. They have been installed.Now it's time to correct the frontend and get my ride height ready for the weekend.
Good luck and let me know how it goes.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #1024
Tech Elite

Well things did not go that great yesterday.It was really to cold.It was 41 degrees when I got there and the warmest it got (the asphalt was 57 degrees- but it went down to 53 by the main).
In practice the rear end kicked around in the turns (under power). It did the same with my other car. After that I looked at the car and the screws for the links to the rear pod came loose( installed longer screws with lock nut today)I retired that car and went back to my orginal car. But I did go inside and get the windtunnel side shock sping kit and a new center shock (CRC).Also my front servo placement I did not like so I'm working on that today.
I also built two associated TC shocks today one with 35 oil ad d a three hole piston and a 30 oil with the standard 2 hole piston. Both for the center shock. Since most of the guys down here use the bigger shock for the center I've got these ready.
I also got two sets of the gold Corally tires. He's got more coming (Superior/Corally USA) . My next race is on Jan 17th on Carpet at Minregg (State series race).So I want to be ready. I also noticed that KSG had a nice front servo mounting plate. I wish Darkside had one made but I've got the time to make one.
There was only two others in this class that braved the cold. One CRC and one XRay. The Xray was brand new and he just switched from the DBR10.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1025
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well things did not go that great yesterday.It was really to cold.It was 41 degrees when I got there and the warmest it got (the asphalt was 57 degrees- but it went down to 53 by the main).
In practice the rear end kicked around in the turns (under power). It did the same with my other car. After that I looked at the car and the screws for the links to the rear pod came loose( installed longer screws with lock nut today)I retired that car and went back to my orginal car. But I did go inside and get the windtunnel side shock sping kit and a new center shock (CRC).Also my front servo placement I did not like so I'm working on that today.
I also built two associated TC shocks today one with 35 oil ad d a three hole piston and a 30 oil with the standard 2 hole piston. Both for the center shock. Since most of the guys down here use the bigger shock for the center I've got these ready.
I also got two sets of the gold Corally tires. He's got more coming (Superior/Corally USA) . My next race is on Jan 17th on Carpet at Minregg (State series race).So I want to be ready. I also noticed that KSG had a nice front servo mounting plate. I wish Darkside had one made but I've got the time to make one.
There was only two others in this class that braved the cold. One CRC and one XRay. The Xray was brand new and he just switched from the DBR10.
Getting the tires to hook up on that cold of pavement may be an issue. Rob will remember me as I've done many Corally on road cars over the years. How did the CRC and Xray do compaired to you???

Carpet will be a different animal, so try the other settings and let me know if you need help. I'll be running the new car on carpet this Sunday getting ready for Snowbirds.

Mark
Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #1026
Tech Elite

They did not do what mine was doing. The CRC car had the Corally tires.Not sure about the xray - probably jacos. I had rc4 less front purples and BSR rear pinks. The x ray only ran once - He's a very good driver and it was hooked up.The CRC guy in the main beat me after my tire traction went away(4-5 laps into the race). I send you a pm on what else I did.As I don't want to many people knowing what I remember.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #1027
Tech Elite

Quote:
They did not do what mine was doing. The CRC car had the Corally tires.Not sure about the xray - probably jacos. I had rc4 less front purples and BSR rear pinks. The x ray only ran once - He's a very good driver and it was hooked up.The CRC guy in the main beat me after my tire traction went away(4-5 laps into the race). I send you a pm on what else I did.As I don't want to many people knowing what I remember.

PM sent
Old 01-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #1028
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any news on a new 1/12 chassis?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #1029
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneJohn View Post
any news on a new 1/12 chassis?
There will be two proto types being run at Snowbirds this weekend. If agreed by Mr. Darkside, I'll see about posting a picture or two. Will also be two proto type WGT cars as well.

Yes I'm running both cars.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #1030
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's good to hear, My chassis of choice just called it quits so I'm in the market for a new chassis. I like to run something different so I'm exited to see the new car. keep us posted!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #1031
Tech Elite

Grenade 10 :I hope the new chassis's are doing well at the birds.
Since I probably won't make it to meet everyone at the birds I still need some general info. My next race is Feb4th outdoors.I just got a new ESC- Momba Max(that's why I can't make the trip- got the ESC instead).Springs for the outdoor set-up: side and center and front sprints.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #1032
Tech Elite

Well down to the final qualifications and the mains at Snowbirds. There are more Darkside cars than I've ever seen at one place and most are doing pretty well. On the onroad side, the proto types are doing ok, with John P at the bottom of the A and I'm working on the B for WGT. There are a few other I-fource cars as well, and we have been working on getting everyone faster. In 1/12 scale John is also doing pretty well, but need to find more speed and get a good run in. Not sure the A is possible, but we'll see where we get to.

On the oval side, I'm sitting 11th, 21.5 2s car so 2 spots out of the A, and 11th is only 0.07 seconds in front of me, so very possible. There are 6+ cars in 10.5 1s and one is either 9th or 10, so a pretty good chance that the Darkside cars could make the show. In 13.5 1s, we have one that has made the show, but several others are working pretty hard.

If Eric approves, I'll post some pictures when I get back next week.

MArk
Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #1033
Tech Elite

Well time to bump this up to the top again.

1/12 scale car is doing very well and have just one or two small changes prior to going into production.

Same with the WGT car. Found a few things in the last 30 days that will help for setting making the car faster through the turns.

I would think Eric should have the cars into production in time for IIC.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #1034
Tech Elite

Having a small issue with my I-force car. The Links tie-rod ends keep pulling the small screws out. It usually happens in practice as the jerks like to try a drive thru you instead of around you in the turns. I wanted to see if the new Associated solid links would replace them (1/12th or 1/10th).There are none around here to see if they will replace what I've got.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #1035
Tech Elite

Quote:
Having a small issue with my I-force car. The Links tie-rod ends keep pulling the small screws out. It usually happens in practice as the jerks like to try a drive thru you instead of around you in the turns. I wanted to see if the new Associated solid links would replace them (1/12th or 1/10th).There are none around here to see if they will replace what I've got.
The holes drilled are not the correct length for either the CRC or Associated solid links. I have (for the 235 conversion running outside) used longer 2/25 screws with a nylock nut on the end. Might be a solution for you.

If you do try and drill the chassis for the other links (I thought about it, but passed), remember to change the football from the carbon one to a molded CRC that has slots for the screws. The chances of 6 mounting points all being where they need to be so you do not bind up the links is about the same as me winning an A-main national event!!

The new car will have several options to run solid links or adjustable. I've been using long CRC on the 1/12 scale and am currently using differnt ends with the adjustable links.