R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #916
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well a good day in Hobby Town Carpet Classic put on by CORRC here in Colorado with the Mx2. A TQ and win in 19 turn with Steve Rossi. In 1/12 stock I just missed TQ (had it through 4 rounds, but we did 5 and ended up 2nd). In the first main, while leading, I tried to make a hole through traffic and miss judged the spot. Got hit and eliminated any free play between the pinion and spur, but kept a rapidly heating motor from total melt down and finished 4th. Second main that car was dialed, but while leading by a 1/2 lap I drove square into a board, done - out - finished. I was able to come back in the third main and get the win. Had a great race with with the TQ winner, but got by and finished 100 feet infront. When the points were totaled I ended up taking 3rd.

I'm taking with E about maybe going to the Birds next year, but I'm heading off to Montana for the ROAR Region 11 Regionals the weekend prior to Nationals and then off to Nationals in Omaha.

I should be carring some replacement parts for anyone that needs, thanks to Mr. Darkside.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #917
Tech Champion

Hopefully when you guys are at the birds you can check out the new front end on the RC12R we've been seeing pictures of on the internet Perhaps the updated chassis when it is ready will be setup for that front end?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #918
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Hopefully when you guys are at the birds you can check out the new front end on the RC12R we've been seeing pictures of on the internet Perhaps the updated chassis when it is ready will be setup for that front end?
I know Mr. Darkside has been looking at a lot of front ends, and I have been playing with Gen-X, Associate (IRS) and Old School Associated. Interesting what you can do with these. He has also had a long look at the Speedmerchant Rev5 front as well.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #919
Tech Adept

Eric-The Birds is over and the Nats are coming up, an chance you could tell us about the new stuff you have coming out soon?? Chassis updates, new ideas, innovative products, etc.......

The drivers of Darkside Nation are dying to know......
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #920
Tech Elite

I've seen some of the stuff E is working on, but lets take this a different direction. What items are we as racers looking for.

I'd like to have the front end a little wider with some more material around the front end screw mounts. Maybe widen the space by 1-2mm, plus add a 1/2 - 1mm on the outside of the of the front end screws.

New motor pod that will allow a brushless. I've seen his 1/10 scale option and it is SWEET!!

A new top shock mount, battery hold down that is more T shaped vs Y shape of today. This will help get the battery tab off the graphite.

Some good ways to cut down the weight of the car, mine seems to be a TANK.

Car stand, Pit Mat, Driver Gear.....Race Queens!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #921
Tech Initiate

I like what Grenade had to say.....

I have recently made the switch from a T-bar car to the link style. I chose Darkside over other link car companies because of several factors. I like the direction the company is heading....

It would be nice to see some Darkside Gear available for those of us who are running the different cars.

I thought my car was heavy too until I put it on a scale versus other cars. How about a fiberglass battery hold down?

I love the car and the fact that there are people out there who doubt it can handle!!
hyperformguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #922
Tech Elite

The car does not have an issue with turning, and since the batteries and motor are on the centerline of the car it transitions well. The car also balances very easily with receiver and servo ofset on the right and the ESC on the left.

In playing with the front track, I can get it down to 162mm using the old school front end and have run it up to 168mm with the dynamic front end and it still turns well. Something you might play with.

You might be onto something on the upper parts being G10 or GRP if it is lighter
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #923
Tech Elite

Who's going to Nationals in Omaha with this car?

I'm in with stock and 19 turn, 'Z' in, Dan W. also. Anyone else going?

In talking with E - I'll be traveling with some parts support as He is just back from the Snowbirds and is going to the Oval race back at the Hobby Plex 3 weeks after nationals.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #924
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I know Mr. Darkside has been looking at a lot of front ends, and I have been playing with Gen-X, Associate (IRS) and Old School Associated. Interesting what you can do with these. He has also had a long look at the Speedmerchant Rev5 front as well.
I've been trying to get a Rev 5 front end for my car ever since I saw them! I've e-mailed them several times and never get a response.

I did finally get the AE front end setup nice with the IRS lower arms and the BMI front ride height spacers. Now I'm not so much in a rush to change.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #925
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
I've seen some of the stuff E is working on, but lets take this a different direction. What items are we as racers looking for.

I'd like to have the front end a little wider with some more material around the front end screw mounts. Maybe widen the space by 1-2mm, plus add a 1/2 - 1mm on the outside of the of the front end screws.

New motor pod that will allow a brushless. I've seen his 1/10 scale option and it is SWEET!!

A new top shock mount, battery hold down that is more T shaped vs Y shape of today. This will help get the battery tab off the graphite.

Some good ways to cut down the weight of the car, mine seems to be a TANK.

Car stand, Pit Mat, Driver Gear.....Race Queens!
A wider front would be a problem for me...With the CRC rims I'm running now I can't run any shims on the inside of the wheel or it will be too wide for the Speed 12 body.

T shaped upper brace...I've been thinking about that too. Ya beat me to it!

On mine the battery slots are too long and both my 4200's and my 4400's can slide 2mm left to right. I made a I shaped battery locater like the one on the BMI car and that holds my batteries centered well.

A pod for BL would be nice...lower would be even better. Right now if I cut the Speed 12 at the bottom cut line the back of the body lays right on top of the rear pod...no clearance at all. Not to big an issue though as I usually cut the bottom lower anyway to give my front tires a little more space.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 AM   #926
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to B&B Racing

I know that we will have two MX-2 cars in the nats in Omaha. Anyone want to buy a Gen-X?

djb
Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #927
Tech Rookie

I have been reading in other threads about the PRO10 class taking off and I saw Frank from CRC mention that Darkside Motorsports was in talks to come up with their own PRO10 chassis. Is this true? And if it is, when can we see the car?
carpetracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #928
Tech Elite

The car is available - go to the web site and look at the I-Fource. I've got two and am trying to get them dialed in. I had been running a modified Corally C10X, 235 wide car.

I'm looking at the new class, 200mm with GT bodies should be a lot of fun!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #929
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&B Racing View Post
I know that we will have two MX-2 cars in the nats in Omaha. Anyone want to buy a Gen-X?

djb
Make sure you stop by and introduce your self. E - is sending some parts with me for Mx2 racers. I'm running in stock and super stock and another racer is running in modified.

Mark
Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #930
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote