R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #886
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
InspGadgt,

It sounds like like tires are your main problem, if you have to run full front compound you are running the wrong foam.

At Sir I usually run 2x pink front & rear with anywhere from 25-50% front sauce depending on tire size and grip level. I am running a crc car so I can't help with chassis setup but I would think going to .020 front springs would also help.

If your still in town Sunday I will be at the track with a pit box full of foams & tuning parts we can try to get it up to pace.

Mark
It could be but If I can run full compound and make spring changes from there I've preferred to do that since the early 12L days. It's just a bit more accurate then trying to get it exactly at 1/3rd every single time. I'm not looking to get to top pace as I am only out here visiting for work and didn't bring a lot of racing equipment so I am pretty much stuck with my asphault tires of purple/magenta. I'm going to try dropping to a softer spring in front to help with the bumps and see what that does. Problem is I get back home saturday evening then have a race at home sunday morning so I have to get the car set back to my local track settings as quickly and painlessly as possible. Hopefully I will be there tonight and Friday night.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #887
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to RC_Dan

I will be in Cleveland next week racing and will be the Darkside "rep" if anyone is there and needs support. I should have complete chassis kits on hand as well as misc loose parts. I will also try my best to answer any set-up questions if anyone has any.

Thanks and see ya in Cleveland in a few days!

Dan
RC_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #888
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
I will be in Cleveland next week racing and will be the Darkside "rep" if anyone is there and needs support. I should have complete chassis kits on hand as well as misc loose parts. I will also try my best to answer any set-up questions if anyone has any.

Dan
Yep, That's correct, Ace pilot Mike Haynes also be there will look to improve on his 2nd place finish in the 19T A-main this year. Good luck guys.

-E
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #889
Tech Champion

Well I rebuilt the shock, went to CRC light damper oil in the damper tubes, dropped the front spring from a 22 to a 20 and put CRC light damper oil on the kingpins. Hopefully that will get me running better at SIR tonight

Any news on the chassis updates?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #890
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post

Dan
Dan, Have a good time, learn much and I'm sure you will do well!!

Post some set up info if you have the time. Also, as I heard there were like 7 computers going with you, I'll e-mail you a set up sheet that I have been working on. Let me know if there is anything that we need to change on the sheet prior to giving it to E.

Are you going to run the silver or black car??
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #891
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to RC_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to RC_Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Dan, Have a good time, learn much and I'm sure you will do well!!

Post some set up info if you have the time. Also, as I heard there were like 7 computers going with you, I'll e-mail you a set up sheet that I have been working on. Let me know if there is anything that we need to change on the sheet prior to giving it to E.

Are you going to run the silver or black car??
I will have to look at my car, but my set up should be what I posted a few up.

You can email me the set up sheet to either danw a t frii dot co m. or to b16crxturbo a t g mai l dot co m.

Just remove spaces. I'll figure out exactly what I had on my car and post here/email you with the setup.

The black car is all I have, I broke the silver one a few weeks back. I do have some silver parts that will come with though.
RC_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #892
Tech Elite

I'd run the black car as well in Cleveland. The only place I really had the silver car working was on the old carpet at Westy. Actually a really good set up for a track that has closed..... UGH ........
Old 11-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #893
Tech Champion

Well the changes did help at SIR...I knocked another 7 tenths off my fastest lap and ended up qualifying 6th of 8 when I expected to be dead last Finished dead last though due to a collission with the wall that caused my motor to shift. For the most part I've finally got my car where I want it but I am wary of the new IRS arms I have on it. There still seems to be some difference in height right to left and one of the mount holes nearly stripped the first time I tried to tighten it...will have to watch that. It finally gave way at SIR and I had to CA the hole so a screw would thread in and still hold somewhat. I'm thinking they might be better if I run a slightly longer screw and run a nut on the top. I'll probably do that temporarily and pick up the new Speed Merchant front end for it.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #894
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well the changes did help at SIR...I knocked another 7 tenths off my fastest lap and ended up qualifying 6th of 8 when I expected to be dead last Finished dead last though due to a collission with the wall that caused my motor to shift. For the most part I've finally got my car where I want it but I am wary of the new IRS arms I have on it. There still seems to be some difference in height right to left and one of the mount holes nearly stripped the first time I tried to tighten it...will have to watch that. It finally gave way at SIR and I had to CA the hole so a screw would thread in and still hold somewhat. I'm thinking they might be better if I run a slightly longer screw and run a nut on the top. I'll probably do that temporarily and pick up the new Speed Merchant front end for it.
I'd suggest that you run a tap through the holes on the IRS arms prior to using them. I think you'll find that the holes will be less likely to strip in that case. I can't help you with the Speedmerchant front end, I've not heard much about it. It looks very similar to the old Trinity revolver front end with wasn't real popular and had issues with excessive "play" in the connections.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #895
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Any news on the chassis updates?

We'll be doing some final testing on some stuff locally here in the next couple of weeks. Hope to have more information real soon. I appologize for the delays, but I want this stuff to be right before it is relased.

-E
Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #896
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE View Post
I'd suggest that you run a tap through the holes on the IRS arms prior to using them. I think you'll find that the holes will be less likely to strip in that case. I can't help you with the Speedmerchant front end, I've not heard much about it. It looks very similar to the old Trinity revolver front end with wasn't real popular and had issues with excessive "play" in the connections.
Which was a scaled down version of the EV10 front end. Yes they both had quite a bit of play but they worked really well once they got a bit sloppy. They were worse when they were too tight. The great thing about them is they were always level left to right and they were pretty much bullet proof. The Speed Merchant version though does have an advantage over the Revolver is that it isn't using that Delta upper pivot. On the 1/10th it was fine but on the 1/12th it really limited steering too much.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #897
Tech Elite

Ok - local Scoop - Mr. Darkside him self was running a Mx2 1/12 scale car ON A ROAD COURSE!!!

And - He was TQ for a period of time, made the A-Main and finished 3rd after being punted, Glad I did not do that!!

Not bad for a rent-a-ride from my pit box!

Darkside 1st, 3rd and 7th (I was running down the leader in 2nd when a link let loose, I probably "adjusted" in an early heat. So all in all a good day on a large carpet track. E - has retained possesion of the car this week to try it on our small local track, and to write down the set up that I put him off with. We only made two small changes for the day.

Nice Job Eric!!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #898
Tech Adept

WOW! Now I can say I have heard it all.....Red Sox win the World Series 2 times in the past few years and Eric runs a 12th scale car on a carpet track....
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #899
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Ok - local Scoop - Mr. Darkside him self was running a Mx2 1/12 scale car ON A ROAD COURSE!!!

And - He was TQ for a period of time, made the A-Main and finished 3rd after being punted, Glad I did not do that!!

Not bad for a rent-a-ride from my pit box!

Darkside 1st, 3rd and 7th (I was running down the leader in 2nd when a link let loose, I probably "adjusted" in an early heat. So all in all a good day on a large carpet track. E - has retained possesion of the car this week to try it on our small local track, and to write down the set up that I put him off with. We only made two small changes for the day.

Nice Job Eric!!

hmm think I may try this car...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #900
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
hmm think I may try this car...
I've been running it for the last year + and it fits my driving pretty well. There are a few re-finements that we are working on, but the car is quick and solid.

Let me know if you have any questions.