R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #886
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
InspGadgt,

It sounds like like tires are your main problem, if you have to run full front compound you are running the wrong foam.

At Sir I usually run 2x pink front & rear with anywhere from 25-50% front sauce depending on tire size and grip level. I am running a crc car so I can't help with chassis setup but I would think going to .020 front springs would also help.

If your still in town Sunday I will be at the track with a pit box full of foams & tuning parts we can try to get it up to pace.

Mark
It could be but If I can run full compound and make spring changes from there I've preferred to do that since the early 12L days. It's just a bit more accurate then trying to get it exactly at 1/3rd every single time. I'm not looking to get to top pace as I am only out here visiting for work and didn't bring a lot of racing equipment so I am pretty much stuck with my asphault tires of purple/magenta. I'm going to try dropping to a softer spring in front to help with the bumps and see what that does. Problem is I get back home saturday evening then have a race at home sunday morning so I have to get the car set back to my local track settings as quickly and painlessly as possible. Hopefully I will be there tonight and Friday night.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #887
Tech Regular
 
RC_Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to RC_Dan
Default

I will be in Cleveland next week racing and will be the Darkside "rep" if anyone is there and needs support. I should have complete chassis kits on hand as well as misc loose parts. I will also try my best to answer any set-up questions if anyone has any.

Thanks and see ya in Cleveland in a few days!

Dan
__________________
AE TC6 B4 & 18T, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5
CRC Gen XL & Battle Axe, Hot Bodies Ve8
460whp CRX on E85
RC_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #888
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
I will be in Cleveland next week racing and will be the Darkside "rep" if anyone is there and needs support. I should have complete chassis kits on hand as well as misc loose parts. I will also try my best to answer any set-up questions if anyone has any.

Thanks and see ya in Cleveland in a few days!

Dan
Yep, That's correct, Ace pilot Mike Haynes also be there will look to improve on his 2nd place finish in the 19T A-main this year. Good luck guys.

-E
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #889
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,179
Default

Well I rebuilt the shock, went to CRC light damper oil in the damper tubes, dropped the front spring from a 22 to a 20 and put CRC light damper oil on the kingpins. Hopefully that will get me running better at SIR tonight

Any news on the chassis updates?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #890
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
I will be in Cleveland next week racing and will be the Darkside "rep" if anyone is there and needs support. I should have complete chassis kits on hand as well as misc loose parts. I will also try my best to answer any set-up questions if anyone has any.

Thanks and see ya in Cleveland in a few days!

Dan
Dan, Have a good time, learn much and I'm sure you will do well!!

Post some set up info if you have the time. Also, as I heard there were like 7 computers going with you, I'll e-mail you a set up sheet that I have been working on. Let me know if there is anything that we need to change on the sheet prior to giving it to E.

Are you going to run the silver or black car??
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #891
Tech Regular
 
RC_Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RC_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to RC_Dan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Dan, Have a good time, learn much and I'm sure you will do well!!

Post some set up info if you have the time. Also, as I heard there were like 7 computers going with you, I'll e-mail you a set up sheet that I have been working on. Let me know if there is anything that we need to change on the sheet prior to giving it to E.

Are you going to run the silver or black car??
I will have to look at my car, but my set up should be what I posted a few up.

You can email me the set up sheet to either danw a t frii dot co m. or to b16crxturbo a t g mai l dot co m.

Just remove spaces. I'll figure out exactly what I had on my car and post here/email you with the setup.

The black car is all I have, I broke the silver one a few weeks back. I do have some silver parts that will come with though.
__________________
AE TC6 B4 & 18T, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5
CRC Gen XL & Battle Axe, Hot Bodies Ve8
460whp CRX on E85
RC_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #892
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I'd run the black car as well in Cleveland. The only place I really had the silver car working was on the old carpet at Westy. Actually a really good set up for a track that has closed..... UGH ........
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #893
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,179
Default

Well the changes did help at SIR...I knocked another 7 tenths off my fastest lap and ended up qualifying 6th of 8 when I expected to be dead last Finished dead last though due to a collission with the wall that caused my motor to shift. For the most part I've finally got my car where I want it but I am wary of the new IRS arms I have on it. There still seems to be some difference in height right to left and one of the mount holes nearly stripped the first time I tried to tighten it...will have to watch that. It finally gave way at SIR and I had to CA the hole so a screw would thread in and still hold somewhat. I'm thinking they might be better if I run a slightly longer screw and run a nut on the top. I'll probably do that temporarily and pick up the new Speed Merchant front end for it.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #894
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well the changes did help at SIR...I knocked another 7 tenths off my fastest lap and ended up qualifying 6th of 8 when I expected to be dead last Finished dead last though due to a collission with the wall that caused my motor to shift. For the most part I've finally got my car where I want it but I am wary of the new IRS arms I have on it. There still seems to be some difference in height right to left and one of the mount holes nearly stripped the first time I tried to tighten it...will have to watch that. It finally gave way at SIR and I had to CA the hole so a screw would thread in and still hold somewhat. I'm thinking they might be better if I run a slightly longer screw and run a nut on the top. I'll probably do that temporarily and pick up the new Speed Merchant front end for it.
I'd suggest that you run a tap through the holes on the IRS arms prior to using them. I think you'll find that the holes will be less likely to strip in that case. I can't help you with the Speedmerchant front end, I've not heard much about it. It looks very similar to the old Trinity revolver front end with wasn't real popular and had issues with excessive "play" in the connections.
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #895
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Any news on the chassis updates?

We'll be doing some final testing on some stuff locally here in the next couple of weeks. Hope to have more information real soon. I appologize for the delays, but I want this stuff to be right before it is relased.

-E
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #896
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE View Post
I'd suggest that you run a tap through the holes on the IRS arms prior to using them. I think you'll find that the holes will be less likely to strip in that case. I can't help you with the Speedmerchant front end, I've not heard much about it. It looks very similar to the old Trinity revolver front end with wasn't real popular and had issues with excessive "play" in the connections.
Which was a scaled down version of the EV10 front end. Yes they both had quite a bit of play but they worked really well once they got a bit sloppy. They were worse when they were too tight. The great thing about them is they were always level left to right and they were pretty much bullet proof. The Speed Merchant version though does have an advantage over the Revolver is that it isn't using that Delta upper pivot. On the 1/10th it was fine but on the 1/12th it really limited steering too much.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #897
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Ok - local Scoop - Mr. Darkside him self was running a Mx2 1/12 scale car ON A ROAD COURSE!!!

And - He was TQ for a period of time, made the A-Main and finished 3rd after being punted, Glad I did not do that!!

Not bad for a rent-a-ride from my pit box!

Darkside 1st, 3rd and 7th (I was running down the leader in 2nd when a link let loose, I probably "adjusted" in an early heat. So all in all a good day on a large carpet track. E - has retained possesion of the car this week to try it on our small local track, and to write down the set up that I put him off with. We only made two small changes for the day.

Nice Job Eric!!
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #898
Tech Adept
 
M2_Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 231
Default

WOW! Now I can say I have heard it all.....Red Sox win the World Series 2 times in the past few years and Eric runs a 12th scale car on a carpet track....
M2_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #899
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Ok - local Scoop - Mr. Darkside him self was running a Mx2 1/12 scale car ON A ROAD COURSE!!!

And - He was TQ for a period of time, made the A-Main and finished 3rd after being punted, Glad I did not do that!!

Not bad for a rent-a-ride from my pit box!

Darkside 1st, 3rd and 7th (I was running down the leader in 2nd when a link let loose, I probably "adjusted" in an early heat. So all in all a good day on a large carpet track. E - has retained possesion of the car this week to try it on our small local track, and to write down the set up that I put him off with. We only made two small changes for the day.

Nice Job Eric!!

hmm think I may try this car...
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #900
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,673
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
hmm think I may try this car...
I've been running it for the last year + and it fits my driving pretty well. There are a few re-finements that we are working on, but the car is quick and solid.

Let me know if you have any questions.
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mafia Motorsports "Carbon Fiber" Pitboard and Motor stand Steve Bahnatka R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 10-15-2007 06:03 PM
The "DarkSide" enters nitro tourers! TomB Australian Racing 26 12-24-2006 06:06 PM
"""NEW""" Collari .21 3 port buggy motor lc21-b3 goneRVing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 12-20-2006 05:25 PM
""" XRAY FK05 """ excellent cond/super clean/stock evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-29-2006 09:04 PM
5 BRAND NEW - 3700 MAH EXPRESS MOTORSPORTS "TEAM" PACKS SweetRacing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 05-08-2006 03:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net