R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 AM   #466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Hide the women and children......
Old 02-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #467
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL.D
hey ERIC THE OVAL car is ready my friend
Are you going to us that out west in a couple of weeks. It might not go over the jumps to good.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
Uh...probably just showing up will see you ahead of me

Crap, now I gotta take that fiver the fellow gave me, add three more to it and buy a can of goop I'll only use in Denver. Guess I'll have to get down there more often.
Yep that is our plan and we are sticking to it!!!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #469
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I suggest the setup i used at the Magma race...it was jack the slipper and i'd say mediumish traction. It ran well there so hopefully you will like it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=197775
Mike - Thanks for the help. I ran the black car for the first time last night and it was showing some promise. It also showed loose fasteners and poor building. Going to fire the mechanic when I get home from Omaha!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 AM   #470
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Darkside Motorsports is proud to announce the addition of Steve Rossi to the team. Steve is not only a talented driver, former national champion, but one heck of a nice guy. We look forward to the input and results that Steve will bring to the team, driving our Mx2 1/12 road course chassis.

-E
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #471
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

i hear that Rossi fella is kinda fast...

what up Eric?!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #472
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
i hear that Rossi fella is kinda fast...

what up Eric?!
Yea, I got the 411 that we was an "OK" wheel. I've been real busy lately growing the business. Never thought that I'd see you here on the on-road boards. You going to be coming by the big race at H-Town Wm in a couple of weeks?

-E
Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #473
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

man if i could get my mits on a type-R, i would, i cant travel to any "dirty" races for a few months... stupid work ruining my r/c life What weekend is it? glad to hear everything is going well, i'll have to hitch a ride up there with Stevo one of these sundays and wrench or somethin
Old 02-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #474
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
man if i could get my mits on a type-R, i would, i cant travel to any "dirty" races for a few months... stupid work ruining my r/c life What weekend is it? glad to hear everything is going well, i'll have to hitch a ride up there with Stevo one of these sundays and wrench or somethin
March 9, 10, 11. Tell Rossi you want an helmet ride for the weekend, just arrive and drive.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #475
Tech Champion

Well we had a really small turn out at our race today...only had 2 1/12th scales and 3 cars in each of the other classes...but we decided to run anyway. So it was me in my Mx2 vs a 12LC running in some very close runs. It was obvious he had a power advantage over me but was unable to use that to his advantage due to my Mx2 handling like it was on rails! I TQ'd in qualifying and it looked to be another close run in the main until some water from a near by hose leaked a little bit over the track. The 12LC just couldn't recover fast enough after going through the wet spot and spun out almost every time he went by the timing tent. The Mx2 hardly got upset at all and so long as I went straight through the water and took it easy in the next turn the car would be back up to speed by turn 2 and was actually faster through the rest of the turns then it had been earlier. As the water dried out the Mx2 just kept getting quicker and quicker easily giving me the win.

Yeah it was only a 2 car race...but it was still fun I seriously doubt the results would have been any different had more people showed up.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #476
Tech Elite

Well back home from Omaha race - If you ever get a chance it is a great place to race, but the boards are hard and the racers are fast so get it dialed in and have some fun.

I beleive there were 5 Mx2's running and I'll have to check on where everyone finished up, but a good showing. Interesting on how similar the set ups were. I had a great car in practice and again in the 3rd qualifier for stock but could not gain in the 4th round, and actually lost ground. Went form 6th in 'B' which for me is a great run. Qualified 1st in the C and finished 5th after a lap 2 crash, oh well lead the first two laps!!

19 turn car did not fair as well. As the traction came up, I went slower. Need to talk to the team driver Mr. Rossi and get some dirrections to WRITE down. Car was doing 12 flat on Friday practice and 13's on Sat/Sunday.

E - Your car came out of the bag to show it to prospective racers, but no parts were needed. I did not change the broken chassis as my "Re-pair held up. You'd have been proud of how few wall / boards I hit.

Let me know if you have time for dinner either Tuesday or Thursday night. I'll give you the run down.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10
Well back home from Omaha race - If you ever get a chance it is a great place to race, but the boards are hard and the racers are fast so get it dialed in and have some fun.

I beleive there were 5 Mx2's running and I'll have to check on where everyone finished up, but a good showing. Interesting on how similar the set ups were. I had a great car in practice and again in the 3rd qualifier for stock but could not gain in the 4th round, and actually lost ground. Went form 6th in 'B' which for me is a great run. Qualified 1st in the C and finished 5th after a lap 2 crash, oh well lead the first two laps!!

19 turn car did not fair as well. As the traction came up, I went slower. Need to talk to the team driver Mr. Rossi and get some dirrections to WRITE down. Car was doing 12 flat on Friday practice and 13's on Sat/Sunday.

E - Your car came out of the bag to show it to prospective racers, but no parts were needed. I did not change the broken chassis as my "Re-pair held up. You'd have been proud of how few wall / boards I hit.

Let me know if you have time for dinner either Tuesday or Thursday night. I'll give you the run down.
Thursday could work

-E
Old 02-27-2007, 03:08 AM   #478
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TurboT

If the 1/12th scale class continues to be supported at my local club I may have to pick one of these things up. I haven't been racing a lot of 1/12th as of late and our club is only now trying to revive the class, so I hadn't heard of this car until I joined up with Full Throttle Motorsports! The design looks absolutely killer!

I look forward to dominating with it when I get one!
TurboT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 AM   #479
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
If the 1/12th scale class continues to be supported at my local club I may have to pick one of these things up. I haven't been racing a lot of 1/12th as of late and our club is only now trying to revive the class, so I hadn't heard of this car until I joined up with Full Throttle Motorsports! The design looks absolutely killer!

I look forward to dominating with it when I get one!
Darkside Mx2 is a AWESOME car. You will not be disappointed. It is a great design. Mr Haynes has been rocking with this car at the big races.
Someday I will have to get the updated chassis w/ battery strap. I have the updated pod.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141
Someday I will have to get the updated chassis w/ battery strap. I have the updated pod.
Chassis with battery strap?? Steve, I'm going to the DARKSIDE Looking forward to see what this car is all about

Hopefully we'll have some kind of continuing 12th scale thing in my area this summer