Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good.

Yeah I like some of the design concepts in the new CRC but wonder how popular it will get. I think had they made it to the same specifications as the AE it would be more popular because it would be just bolt on...as it is if you bolt on to replace an existing AE front end it sounds like it will narrow the front width some. A couple of reservations I have with the front end is I really hate adjusting pillowball type suspension. While they have less play then a typical hinge pin they also take a lot more maintenance and bind easy when they start to get the slightest bit dirty. And I'm really concerned about axle play in the steering knuckle...As I said in other forums HPI tried a similar setup and it was disasterous. Granted HPI's plastic was way more flexible then what CRC is using I still think it is a concern over time. I'd also be interested to see a weight comparison between the 2 front ends.

My personal favorite front end was always the one that started all this reactive caster stuff...the one on the Trinity EV10 even though it was a pain to setup. I believe Trinity had at one point a graphite lower plate with an AE style upper arm...if not they should! More could have been done with that style of front end I think but the AE front end was easier for everyone to get ahold of.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the new CRC front end more narrow than the traditional Associated front end?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

From what I've read on the GenX thread and CRC forum it seems that it is. Drivers who broke an arm and used the old style front end found the car was wider with the AE arms.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
From what I've read on the GenX thread and CRC forum it seems that it is. Drivers who broke an arm and used the old style front end found the car was wider with the AE arms.
I believe that to be correct

-E
Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully we are talking about a small amount that could be overcome with axle spacers. I'd like to use CRC's new front end on your car.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by James35
Hopefully we are talking about a small amount that could be overcome with axle spacers. I'd like to use CRC's new front end on your car.

It may be that simple. Not certain how long the axles are. You ought to ask that question on the CRC thread. I'm curious myself

-E
Old 12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well you all know about curiosity and how it didn't end up so good for the cat. I gave CRC a call today. Apparently you can get the front end track width to match the Team Associated front end. Although the arms are slightly shorter, the axle gives enough length to space out the tires either by using different bearings (flanged vs unflanged) or shims.

-E

Last edited by THE DARKSIDE; 12-15-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

That's good news...I'll have to think on it though before I decide to use that front end later or not since shimming the wheel out that far moves the pivot point even further away from the center of the rim.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Eric,

Showed the pics of the Mx2 to the racers here locally...one is interesed and may be contacing you Would be great to have a couple of these running out here.

Last edited by InspGadgt; 12-17-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool, I look forward to it.

-E
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

For the record:

Darkside Motorsports is not a paying supporter of this forum. The company currently supports another on-line forum that is closely tied to the core product line of the company, oval cars/parts. That being said, over the past year the core focus of the business has expanded to include on-road racing related products. At some point in the future, we will be a supporter of this forum.

Nick from Team Quick. I have never posted much of anything related to your business on this or any other forum. I really do not know much about you or your business to even have a basis to comment. As far as I'm concerned, you are another small company like Darkside Motorsports that is working to carve a piece of the pie in this industry. I wish you luck with that. Please, in the future, get your facts straight before making inaccurate statements about my actions.

As far as the postings made on the speedmerchant thread several weeks back. For those of you that might not know, I have known the owner of Speedmerchant for over 15 years now, dating to the days when I lived in the Boston area. I have a great deal of respect for the results/success that the company has had. As I have said before, that speaks for itself, and I have never questioned that or tried to minimize it. Since it is known that I have this relationship with the owner of Speedmerchant, I get e-mails on a semi-regular basis asking me what is going on with the company?, how can I get in touch with the owner?, etc. While I have never responded to any of these e-mails with negative comments, I am getting tired of receiving them. It boils down to something that I learned quite a while ago. Service your customers, or someone else will. Have I made some off-color or poorly placed remarks? Probably. Will I post something like that again on another mfr's thread? Probably not. I am a stand-up guy, I'm not perfect, I speak my mind, and I accept the results of my actions and statements. I'm sorry that some people were offended by my statements, but I can't please all of the people all of the time, nor do I try to.

As I have said in the past, I am highly motivated by the insults, bashing, etc that is directed towards me & my company on this forum. It drives me even harder than the success of winning. I do ask one thing, if you are going to make comments, don't hide behind screen names (timmay70). As I said before, I'm a stand-up guy & If I'm going to make a comment, I'm not going to hide behind a screen name. I expect that behavior from everybody else.

Most importantly, I think that we all need to realize that we are all men and women playing with toy cars, they just happen to be expensive toy cars. I think that we all need to look at things in that context sometimes.

Darkside Motorsports is not going anywhere, I will continue to strive to support our customers to the best of my ability. The results have and will continue to speak for themselves.

Eric T. Dimmick
Owner
Darkside Motorsports
Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Due to weather conditions in the Denver area, Darkside Motorsports will be unable to ship any orders until Saturday, December 23rd at the earliest.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Due to weather conditions in the Denver area, Darkside Motorsports will be unable to ship any orders until Saturday, December 23rd at the earliest.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
That sucks. I guess santa will have to stop and pick the orders up.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess you don't want to hear that I will be at the track in about 2 hours with my Mx2 putting down some laps getting ready for the Full Throttle Challenge race.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can help out a little bit for Christmas. If someone wants one fast, I have a new Mx2 chassis for sale that can ship today.

Last edited by James35; 12-20-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.