R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #106
Tech Elite

Just came across this thread.
Have to say that Tekin has been the best and only ESc's I have used for the last 14 years with only one exception I bought a Nosram Missile for my Micro.
The Missile has since expired and been replaced by my old faithfull 410K ,which is the first esc I ever bought way back in 92/93.
I have owned Formula 10 ,rebel ,Titan ,2 420's ,1 420 g2 ,1 G12 ,2 G12c ,2 G9's ,G10.
I still own a 410K ,408s ,420 g2 ,2 g12clll ,G10 Pro ,Fomula 10 and a 432m esc.
Had 2 Bc112a's a Bc112c and a Bc110l unfortunatel they were stolen with exception of one Bc112a
ALso a Dyno900.
I have never had any issues with any of my esc's and its good to see this
quality carrying over to new products.
What can i say , a Tekin Fan for life !!!

Now waiting anxiously for new Tekin B1-R , FX Pro and a BC112c.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Racing, Racing, and more Racing

Well I have been busy these past couple of weeks.

October 29 was the CRCRC Halloween race. Some good talent came out to run at the club that is know for their electric racing, traction, and Midwinter Midwest Champs that are run every Jan. The qualifying proved tough for me sitting in the back of the pack in the A of 2wd mod. Teammate JP Richards was TQ and used his position to lead most of the race but got hunted down in the end.

After the dust had settled at the 2006 CRCRC Electric Race in 2wd Mod JP Richards took 2nd and Dustin Richards took 3rd.

The Stock 2wd Racing at this race was fierce as well with the top three guys being very close. In the end JP Richards won 2wd stock Dustin Richards taking 5th in the class.

The week following the CRCRC Halloween race was 2006 DirtFest Hosted by FasTraxx and sponsored by Panther Tire. The race consisted with open practice on Fri. 3 Quals on Sat. last chance Qual on Sun. and Triple A Main Format.

The track was tight, tricky, deceiving and had a European style vert wall that must have been at a 90-degree angle if you looked at it. The dirt looked like a pink taper pin track but tires like Switch 2.0 and 1.0, Bobcat, and even the Pro-Line Fuzzie made appearances at time when the track was right.

Dustin Richards Qualified 3rd overall in 2wd Mod with JP Richards holding down 7th. In 4wd Mod Dustin Richards was TQ having the single fastest run on the track that weekend. Some of the best drivers in the region showed up for this race and the racing was always close due to the size of the track and the talent that was on it.

After 4 Rounds of Quals and 3 Mains Dustin Richards was 4th in 2wd Mod with JP Richards taking 9th. In 4wd taking advantage of that TQ was Dustin Richards again setting the fastest run on the track that weekend.

JP and I would like to thank all the people that ran and ran in these 2 races. They were both a blast and they were ran well.

We would also like to thank the people that support us, Team Tekin, J-Concepts, R/C Professor, BK Paintwerks, Team Lunsford, and Panther Tire.

For both races the power was smooth, the cars and bodies ran well, the batteries had punch, the cars looked cool, the Ti never broke, and cars stayed hooked up keeping us in contention for the wins.

Our next big race is the Planet RC Winterfest that is on the second week of December. This race is assured to attract some of the best talent in the World. In the past there have seen National and World champs as well as some of the best names in the industry like Maifield, Pudge, Truie, Thilke, and Robbers, just to name a few. This year is sure to be more of the same as the Planet RC was the host to the 2006 ROAR Mod Nats. If you attend this race give us a shout out as we love to meet new people in this industry.

The pics attached are from these weekends.
Attached Thumbnails
Ask Team Tekin-mini-crcrc-holloween-race-stock-truck-mod-buggy.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-crcrc-holloween-race-richards-buggy-pic.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-panther-diftfest-2006-fastraxx3.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-panther-diftfest-2006-fastraxx4.jpg  
Old 11-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Jim

We got that Northwest Indoor series Race #3 in Tri Cities coming up in a couple of weeks Dec 8-10. You guys gonna make it out for the race? Do a little carpet munching? All the info in in the NW forums. Hope to see you guys again doing something other than 24 hours of none stop fun.

Anders Hagen
RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:05 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I *think* I know the answer, but want to verify ...will the new brushless speedo run Novak Brushless motors? ....I'm in the process of switching may cars over to brushless, have the 19T one switched over (with the Novak 4300, the one that our local tracks are allowing in 19T), but damn this Novak speedo is the size of Rhode Island ...if the Tekin one will run the 13.5 (motor our local tracks are allowing in the stock class), I'll just wait for it before converting my brushed stock car over!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #110
Tech Elite

Someone at the track was saying that they didn't think the Tekin could run a "sensored" motor, which is what the Nocak 4300 with the GTB controller is ...is this true? ...and I have no idea what a sensored vs non sensored even means???
Old 11-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

right, the Tekin system is sensorless, which means it doesn't use the Hall Effect sensor, which means it takes all it's info from the motor wires, not the sensor, which means that it can (should) be ablt to use any brushless motor for that scale.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:19 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
right, the Tekin system is sensorless, which means it doesn't use the Hall Effect sensor, which means it takes all it's info from the motor wires, not the sensor, which means that it can (should) be ablt to use any brushless motor for that scale.
So does that mean it can't run sensored motors? (like the Novak 4300 and 13.5)? ....please no one take offense to this question, this BL stuff is new to me, I have no clue about it, all I know is that our local tracks are now allowing the Novak 4300 in the 19T class, and the 13.5 in the stock class ...and that the Novak speedo is just HUGE!!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #113
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

Yes the Tekin will be able to run sensorless motors.....they simply will just not use the sensor. The Tekin has a different way of "seeing" the motor.

I think that will be a big factor that people just won't be able to resist, is the small size of the new R1 series. Much smaller than orange!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #114
Tech Master

Harsh, the Tekin unit will be able to run Sensored and Sensorless motors.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #115
Tech Elite

So what is the "point" of the sensor thing then? ...again, I know nothing about this brushless stuff (yet).
Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

but the big question is when is the R1 pro going to be out?
subman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All i have to say is wow about the new r1. Won cleveland with it and it ran flawlessly.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:19 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
All i have to say is wow about the new r1. Won cleveland with it and it ran flawlessly.
Jeff, any pictures of it?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rc50.com has a pic of my car
Old 11-28-2006, 07:05 AM   #120
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
So what is the "point" of the sensor thing then? ...again, I know nothing about this brushless stuff (yet).
With a brushed motor, the commutor controls the initialisation of a coil, in relation to a magnet, hence the three segments. with a brushless, as there is no comm, the ESC has to initialize each stator to make the rotor turn. It knows this by either reading the feedback down the motor wire for each segment (sensorless) or it uses a hall effect sensor (sensored units) to tell the ESC which stator it needs to be either powering up, poering down or on full power.