R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #91
Team Tekin

1/10 brushless is being finalized currently and headed to production. We will be showing it to dealers and the public at the IHobby show in Chicago next month. Our team drivers should be getting them soon afterwards and the public hopefully by Dec. Building thousands is a different challenge than building a few and forces us to rely on others performing as expected... component suppliers, molders, printers.....

Our 1/10 brushless will also be competing in the 24hr endurance race at the Seattle Indoor Raceway Oct 7.

We have not completely tested it in a 1/12 scale, but I have personally ran my MF2 stadium truck on 4 cells and it pushed it fine.

The list of new products coming may surprise some people and includes: New brushed speedos, brushless speedos and motors, digital servos, Lipo Batteries, Battery storage product for the sensitive IB cells, Full charger line and few other nifty items.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for update Prez, Rock it with the Tekin power in Sin City
Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #93
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin U10 Info!!!

I lucked out awhile back and bought a Tekin U10 speedo at a great price ($14). Only problem was a broken switch wire. It runs fantastic and gives more power and runtime (with cooler motors and packs) than any other speedo I've ever owned. Can anybody give me the true specs on this unit? I know most equate it to the early G-9s, but that tells me very little. Upon taking it apart I noticed it has very unique components that I've never seen on any other type of speedo, regardless of brand or age. It looks as if different components may have been soldered, unsoldered and moved around to various locations, as if it was used for testing instead of being a model for the public. Maybe I lucked up and found one that was used by a good factory driver. I've been told that years ago Kevin Orton even went as far as matching the FETs in some of his speedos for that extra bit of performance. I guess it's the same as matching packs, always looking for that extra edge. Thanks for any info.
2BAD4ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #94
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

U-10 and G-9 are sorta the same. My U-10 looks like you are talking about. I don't remember ever seeing a part # for the U-10 but I ended up with one thinking it was a G-9, the switch was stuck on the cover.
plumslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #95
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks!

Don't know if the U10s ever had a part#. I was told they were never sold to the public, only used by factory drivers. I've heard of many having G-9 stickers over the U10, but mine has the U10 made into the plastic case. Tekin always seemed a little weird in that sense. They would come up with something and might give it 2-3 names before releasing it. Back when the G-10 was coming out I remember seeing the ads calling it the G-10, H-10, etc. Anymore info is appreciated!

BTW, that speedo might be 9-10 years old, but I'm not going to retire it anytime soon. I'll run it until it burns up. I've had many good speedos (G-12cIII, a G-10 and G-10 Pro, a Novak Cyclone '99 and even the M.Troniks Prodigy and the U10 just runs circles around them in all around performance.
2BAD4ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have just started running for Team Tekin and already the team has been a great help with any of my questions I have had online and I cant wait till I start running the speed control and charger. the discharge tray has worked wonders for my batteries so far and I hope that with the right equipment I can prove my self in the state of Florida
Cheston
Old 09-27-2006, 05:00 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is the Tekin Battery Doctor safe to use with the IB4200 cells? Seems that these cells do not like to go below .9 and the Battery Doctor brings them down to .5.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
Is the Tekin Battery Doctor safe to use with the IB4200 cells? Seems that these cells do not like to go below .9 and the Battery Doctor brings them down to .5.
I have used the Batt Doctor with no problem at all with my 4200's - i have yet to see any problems using them with the IB4200 SHV, the EP4200, and the new IB Worlds Editition.
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #99
Team Tekin

The black art of battery care...

The IB cells do not appear to like being held low for extended periods of time, but discharging and then charging them just assures a full charge. The Battery doc discharges the cells to about .9v and then is very, very slow to .5v. If you pull them when the lights are dim or out you are only around .8v to .9v per cell.

Many are storing them with 30 to 40% charge, then doing a discharge and balance right before charge and use. Honestly does not seem to matter what you do, many IB's just puke early. Price we pay for extreme performance.

Storage may be the key more than maintenance methods. The Battery Nurse is coming soon and will make the whole storage process less of a concern.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #100
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

I just decided to pick up a B112A charger and give it a try.

I had been having some issues with another manufacutures charger and because of that plus the excellent service and support I've gotten from Tekin in the last year for my G-11 pro ESC, I decided to give the B112A a try.

I am very much looking forward to lightening my pit bag!
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you need any advice on setting up your Tekin charger, ask here, PM me, or try the forums over on Tekins site too.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #102
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 24 Hour Enduro

Wow......

That is all I can say. I just want to give a big THANKS to Jim and Chris from Team Tekin for coming to out to the 24 hour world record enduro at SIR this weekend. They supplied us with a brushlesss system and Lipo batteries. The brushless system lasted for the entire 24 hours with not a single sign of a performance loss. Our laptimes at the end of the race were just as good as what they were in the start. And when Chris checked the equalization of the batteries he said they were as good as when we started. How is that for a test of durability.

We also got an insight on the new product that they are working on as far as electronics. If you have never liked Tekin products because of there size that is all gonna change. I belive thay are revelaing all there new stuff at the Hobby expo in chicago in a few weeks.

So looks for big, I mean little things out of Team Tekin this years. The Legend is Returning.

Thanks again Jim and Chris. Hope the drive home was good and hope to see you in Spokand and Tri Cities in the next few months.

Anders Hagen
Red Rocket
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Coming soon to a LHS near you.....

http://teamtekin.com/new%20products.asp

YAHOOOO!!!!!
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well this weekend {10-14-06} was the 5th and final round of the SCOORS {http://www.scoors.com/} {South Central Ohio Off-Road Racing Series} RC Series at Crazy Boys [http://www.cbrcr.com/]. This was the 5th round of 5 races in the series. I was able to attend of 4 of 5 rounds and I took the overall win in both the Mod 2wd and the Stock Truck classes. With over 100 entries per race and sponsors onboard like The Hobby Shop, Fastraxx, Grandview Hobbies, Traxxas, Hitec, HPI, Odonnell, Integy, Panther Tire, Fantom Racing, Power Racing, and Trinity it makes for a truly fun weekends of racing. I ran 2wd Mod and Stock Truck at round 5 and secured wins in both that weekend in Mod 2wd and the Stock Truck securing overall the tile. The series came down to the last race due to the great level of competition. This last track as most of the tracks were was really a difficult challenge for electric cars because the race was held on a typical Midwest outdoor gas track. If you know RC then you know that most of the time these tracks are loose, loamy, rutted, and big making it hard on electric cars. These tracks were not the typical pink slick type tracks like most electric racers want. But the difference in race surface was what made this race both challenging and fun. I was also TQ for both 2wd Mod and Stock Truck final race classes.

Got to give a shout out to JP Richards who finished 2nd in the 2wd mod field at the last race. He was also running a Professor powered Tekin off-road machine.

Thanks to everyone that showed up and a BIG thanks to my dog Jeff Clark for hauling me and my bro {and more importantly our RC stuff} to this race.

Big thanks also go out to the guys who put this series on. It was allot of fun guys thanks for giving us a place to race this summer and I will be back next year.

Check out the attached pics for some looks at the track and the bling I bought home for Team Tekin, RC Professor, and JD Carbon. Also got to send out a big shout out to Team AE, Team J-Concepts, and Team Lunsford. Thanks for keeping me up front guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Ask Team Tekin-mini-img_7293.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-img_7609.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-img_7798.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-img_7796.jpg   Ask Team Tekin-mini-img_7794.jpg  

Old 10-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Hey Jim and Chris!

Just wanted to say THANKS, again for all the help at the enduro.
That was one long, long, LONG race! TEKIN's new brussless system is impressive, to say the least.
Looks like there's a lot in store for TEKIN. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Brett