R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default rs esc help please

ok my buddy has a rs esc that he is running a 13.5 trin duo 3 motor well it was fine and now he has steering but no throttle the lights come on after i calibrate are the correct ones at first and then you get the first 2 lights and the last 2 lights comeing on not sure what is up , can someone please help us with this
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #692
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
ok my buddy has a rs esc that he is running a 13.5 trin duo 3 motor well it was fine and now he has steering but no throttle the lights come on after i calibrate are the correct ones at first and then you get the first 2 lights and the last 2 lights comeing on not sure what is up , can someone please help us with this
You need to plug it in. And change the engine setting to brushless then it will work.

Vehicles: Losi 8ight 2.0, Xray XT8, Losi SCTE, Top Photon, CRC Gen X10
mdhyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #693
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
If he's running 1/12 scale, he needs to check the receiver pack or booster. Plug in a 2 cell and see if it goes away.
For any type vehicle, check solder connections and make sure that two poles aren't grounded out.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #694
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default rs esc

ok guys yes i tried switching the motor and it is on BL-FW and it is in a 10th sprint and yes i checked the solder joints , and the crazy thing is when you apply the throttle it makes a ticking noise and all lights come on the way they should / and yes ive tried a diff motor and diff sen wire to no avail
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway

Last edited by 2056dennis; 01-22-2012 at 09:08 AM.
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #695
Tech Champion

Quote:
ok guys yes i tried switching the motor and it is on BL-FW and it is in a 10th sprint and yes i checked the solder joints , and the crazy thing is when you apply the throttle it makes a ticking noise and all lights come on the way they should / and yes ive tried a diff motor and diff sen wire to no avail
If he has access to another known good motor, try that and see if the fault goes away.

Then if it does, take the motor apart for further inspection if you feel that is something you can investigate further, or contact someone @ Trinity.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #696
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:
Does it move at all?

And to me it sounds like you dont have the A B C wires soldered in the right spot. one guy did that and same thing, just ticked and didn't move but it chattered. And no if you wondering if that guy was me it wasn't.. yet
Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm looking for a starting spot for timing and gearing on a 17.5 Redline running in blinky TC. It's on a small/medium size carpet track.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I was running 96/50 in my TC6. temped about 160 after 8 minutes.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #699
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to shockproof Send a message via Yahoo to shockproof
Default Tekin fxr problem

Couple of weeks ago Im running my tekin fxr on a 2pole positive and 2pole negative brushed motor. The car stops working coz my negative wire came off the motor, when I put it back I accidentally put it on one of the positive pole. After that stops working, I'm getting a signal on my esc , all led lights up when throttle is applied but motor won't turn, but esc still making sound everytime I turn the esc on.

This is what I tried

Put another working motor. Still not working

Factory reset. Still not working

Can anybody please help me with this. Thanks in advane
shockproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #700
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default ESC going nuts

Today my RS started doing something crazy. It would start running in reverse for about 2 sec when I would turn it on. Then it would just stop and return to normal. Any ideas what would be causing this. It doesn't do it until you need to turn it on.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #701
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

try doing a factory reset
Old 03-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #702
Team Tekin

Fxr - Sounds like you created a dead short across the motor. This can damage the controller very quickly and probably blew out the fets.

RS - what are the leds dong while it is in rev? Unlike a brushed controller a BL controller has to be actively changing phases to rotate the motor. Does it work normal afterwards?
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #703
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to shockproof Send a message via Yahoo to shockproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Fxr - Sounds like you created a dead short across the motor. This can damage the controller very quickly and probably blew out the fets.

RS - what are the leds dong while it is in rev? Unlike a brushed controller a BL controller has to be actively changing phases to rotate the motor. Does it work normal afterwards?
i check the reading coming out the esc going to the motor and its giving me a negative voltage w/o even touching my throttle, i can send this back to tekin but i just want to see if i can fix it. thanks for the info
shockproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post

The LEDs light up like it normally does when I turn it on. Just that it starts in reverse. But I figured out last night if it sits for a few min then it doesn't do it. But if I turn it off and then back on after a few seconds it spins in reverse for about 2 secs then it is fine. It's just weird.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #705
Tech Addict

Hotwire problem. Have the latest version 223 on a my dell laptop running XP and it works perfect. Tried to put it on a friends dell netbook running 7 and something is not right. It does not show 223 as an option. If I hook up to a RS that has already been flashed to 223 it shows 223 as current. However 223 does not show up in the options, only 212. Have deleted the program, redownloaded the latest version, even chosen both display options, multiple times. Casn't get it to function right. Anybody got any suggestions.