R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #481
Team Tekin

There is some concern with increasing the servo lead length due to radio noise. You can add a extension pretty easy. We hate to take a risk on all the other installs just for this one. It is already almost twice as long as any other servo wire we use on other products and it has a switching BEC making it more of a concern. Fortunately we have not had any radio problems and adding an extension will not likely be an issue.

There are suppose to be 2 long wires for battery and 2 motor wires and 1 shorter wire for the third motor wire. Some were packaged with 3 long wires. We supply a couple double sticky pads and wire ties with the other controllers. We would rather see the Rx8 screwed down with the supplied screws. Good installs are sooooo important in 1/8 scale and we try to avoid wire tie and double sticky mounts. Sounds like we need to edit the manual.

You are welcome to contact me directly on the marketing side. We are always looking for good friends.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #482

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jim, I'm going to sit down and write something more, but for now i'd like to voice my appreciation and gratitude for you and your staff after my superb treatment visiting your headquarters friday. I couldn't have fathomed better treatment. While I know you havent been at the helm for the last 20yrs or so, I saw it as 'typical tekin'. More later, as i dont want to pull you away from another rx8 run 'next door' any more than i'd have to.

regards,

RW
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #483
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Team Tekin,

I apologize in advance in that I haven't read this entire thread, and I would have asked on the teamtekin forum, but it won't load for me.

Anyways, I've been "tasked/hired" to build a parking lot drag car, clean sheet. The goals are as near 100mph as possible, "something different" and relatively reliable.

I've built plenty of fast cars, but always for myself, and usually for circuit racing. This car being for someone else, I have several directions in mind to try, but since it's definitely going to have Tekin equipment [my stipulation], I have a few questions.

First, I'm pretty sure I'm going to use an RX8 on this build, my question is what is the maximum voltage a sensored Redline can handle if we go with a TC chassis? Has anyone tried this? Will a Redline handle 6s?

The other direction is a converted 1/8th buggy converted on-road machine. Are the T8 motors reliable up to around 180*F?

I realize these goals are a very tall order, but short of trying to talk this customer out them, I'm hoping there's some experience that can point me in a starting direction, and hopefully have a setup that will survive 2-3 top speed blasts between breaks to recharge batteries.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light of experience on this for me.
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #484
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
The other direction is a converted 1/8th buggy converted on-road machine. Are the T8 motors reliable up to around 180*F?
Isn't better option to convert 1/8th onroad car? At such speed I belive it worth having less drag and also that car will be more suitable for higher speeds handling.
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #485
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

100mph can be done. The ideal setup would be to use a 2 speed 1/8 onroad chassis. Either a competition one like a Kyosho Evolva,etc.

My suggestion would be a 6s setup, and find a KV of motor that has torque to spin tall gears. I'd expect either a 1400 or 1700 on 6s would get you what you're looking for. This setup might not be driveable on a track so much but would get the top speed you're looking for.

Higher voltage will be a key factor in your setup.

Yes the T8's can run on 6s, as can the RX8. Weight will be a factor.

The two speed will be a neccessitiy in my opinion to keep the motors in a workable rpm range...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,KoPropUSA,JConcepts,Avid RC,MIP,SikLidz,ImagineItGraphx, FactoryRC, B-fast, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #486
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Thanks for the replies, right now, the vehicle is still in the planning stages.

My question was whether the 1/10 redline motors could handle 6s, in case we went with something smaller than I could squeeze a T8 motor into.

I've looked at 1/8 onroad conversions, and seeing the way this guy drives, parts would be a concern.

Think something along the lines of a TC4 geared as high as physically possible on 6s would get us there? My "customer" doesn't really care what we build, but since I'll be the one fixing it every time something happens, parts availability would definitely be a plus in my book.

I've also followed several builds and a 2 speed electric seems to be very hard on ESCs and batteries, so at this time I think single speed would be the better route.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #487
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tekin rs pro

hai guys, iam from malaysia,need to ask something about rspro i just bought it and follow thee manual my question is evertime want to play i need to push mode button 3 scnd it is esc wok like that by the way i am not using tekin hot wire n thanks for the answer
Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #488
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default tekin rs pro

hai guys, iam from malaysia,need to ask something about rspro i just bought it and follow thee manual my question is evertime want to play i need to push mode button 3 scnd it is esc work like that by the way i am not using tekin hot wire n thanks for the answer
Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #489
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

I have a question in regards to the Tekin 21.5 motor I am using for our VTA class.

The motor so far has really good top end, but it feels kind of blah.. as far as torque goes in the infield. What are some settings in general that work well for the motor as far as timing settings coming from the ESC?

My temps have been fine, in the 120s . Just want some more torque.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #490
Tech Master

I run my stock spec motors with 0' motor timing and max on the esc, this gives me some low down torque and rpm, best of both worlds.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #491
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

pretty much what I am doing. I am using the Tekin 21.5 in combination with a Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro ESC, with timing and DRRS (punch control) set to max and agressive respectfully.

I don't think I am taxing the motor as its temps are cool compared to what the Novak ballistic guys are seeing.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #492
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Question regarding the Tekin RS.

i just recently started running on a carpet track, switching from asphault so i went from running a 10.5 to a 17.5.

now my issue is that some laps going down the back straight away the turbo will kick in, and other times it will not...what would cause this?
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #493
Tech Master

DDD it may be that you are getting on full throttle earlier and staying on, on some laps, and other laps your not.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #494
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
DDD it may be that you are getting on full throttle earlier and staying on, on some laps, and other laps your not.
i am running 200 vegas, so it kicks in VERY early...
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #495
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You might try to recalibrate your RS's full throttle and brake settings to your radio again. Some variance's occur in the pots on radios for time to time.

Serpent America
Lunsford Racing
RCBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote