Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intellect batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Tupperville, Ontario, CANADA - like tupperware but with a population of 450.
Thumbs up IB3800's

I have some 6 cell packs of the IB3800's. I've ran them at 2 big events. The PLRC Worlds and the Summer Sizzler at Fastcats. All I can say is WOW! I treat these cells like the GP3300's. I still run my 3300's in practice or even in my first qualifier. When I put the 3800's in for the next run, I can definitely notice the punch difference. My 3300's are about 8 months old and cylce out well compared to when they were brand new. The 3800's are losing a bit of runtime but that's because I dead short. Even though I run mod, I can make time easily. I prefere to have that extra punch if needed.

When charging them, I've had the temps get as high as 148F. That is my fault though. It was a hot day and the pack was slightly above room temp because where I had placed it on my bench. Even though it was very hot, it performed very well. After a 5 minute run with my DC 8x1 and a TQ , I discharged the pack at 30A and had 60+ seconds left every time. I can't say enough about these cells. These cells are definitely 'Superior'.

These aren't special team packs either. Canwest RC has the exact same packs for hobby shops to sell.

As for weight of the cells, this is what I've found. On a 6 cell pack using the same bars and replicating the solder joints of my previous GP3300's, a pack is .9oz heavier. I did also add cell shrink to each cell. I would suggest not adding the shrink because of the size difference.

Wayne Vince