Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which MT to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Wow where did you dig up that thread from. Its more than a year old.
Anyway Ek bought the savage and its power plants have ranged from the C5 to the beastly .26 orion.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

haha no wonder it looked so strange luckily i was just replying but saw your post twerp and stopped
Old 11-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: which MT to buy?

Originally posted by ek_spoon
hi all,

me deciding btw:

1. HPI Savage
2. TAMIYA TerraCrusher
3. TRAXXAS T-Maxx 2.5

which one would you guys recommend?
saw their videos @ RCNitro.com, so far T-Maxx most impressive with its speed but don't like the stock controller.
Savage looks good cos of it's size and the .21 engine.
understand tt thr are some guys who run a TerraCrusher, any feedback?

will try to drop by Tampines track next Sat(16Nov), hope to see a TC thr...

ek Spoon @ i think Max is a good choice...
If you don't mind 2nd hand .. contact micheal.. Cos he has a Max for sale..With most of the Hop up.......But for Max there no much hop up selling in Singapore..except Rotor hobby.. there a bit of hop up from them.

For TC ....Tai sing shld hv a lots range of parts or hop up to sell...but i nvr saw a TC run b4.. that y no comment.

For Savage ..jame Hobbyzoom is carrying the stock and parts as well as Hop up...so far Savage is fair to drive and bash around...

ek: MAKE UR CHOICE.......
Old 11-23-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

how abt EK4 truck?Dun one mention abt it?
Old 11-23-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Initiate

What about the Dom , what is the fun factor of it? And does anyone know the price for a savage kit?

Last edited by levin; 11-23-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

savage ss at the local dealer is $790-820. personally i don't buy from them anymore as their prices are just too high.

if you intend on buying lots of stuff or buying with others, you can consider buying online as it cost about US$350. Lets say there are 10 guys wanting it, you probably pay just under SGD700 with shipping factored in.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

In my opinion, for a start, bashing or fun play, you can't go wrong with a dom...economically priced, tough, spares easily available and are cheaper as compared to other makes of trucks.

I must agree with huasze that HPI stuffs are not cheaper locally...the kit may be cheap but its the spares that kill, which is why i gave up upgrading my nitro mt hehe.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

About the dom, does the stock engine powerful enough to run this baby and is it diffcult to tune as this will be my 1st time playing nitro, if i am not wrong price is ard $500 plus rite, what about the dom extreme version ( save in hopup in the future), is it avaible in SG?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by levin
About the dom, does the stock engine powerful enough to run this baby and is it diffcult to tune as this will be my 1st time playing nitro, if i am not wrong price is ard $500 plus rite, what about the dom extreme version ( save in hopup in the future), is it avaible in SG?
YO Levin:

If you hop up a Dom will be cost around 1K.....For a new stuff and DOM kit...
Winne is selling all the DOM Stuff plus hop up....

If you don't mind for a 2nd hand very good condition DOM..With hop up.....Hmmmm Think Pineapplet got it..

Don't know he want to sell or not...

U can check with him abt it...
Old 11-24-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by BuggyMan
YO Levin:

If you hop up a Dom will be cost around 1K.....For a new stuff and DOM kit...
Winne is selling all the DOM Stuff plus hop up....

If you don't mind for a 2nd hand very good condition DOM..With hop up.....Hmmmm Think Pineapplet got it..

Don't know he want to sell or not...

U can check with him abt it...
I still havn't make up my mind which mt to get yet, there are just too many selection out there, each has it pros and cons now tamiya come out another xnt . And heard that nitro engine are diffcult to tune, so still hesitate to get one
Old 11-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by levin
I still havn't make up my mind which mt to get yet, there are just too many selection out there, each has it pros and cons now tamiya come out another xnt . And heard that nitro engine are diffcult to tune, so still hesitate to get one

If you are a beginner..Yes..Engine is abit of not easy to tune..
But when you play meanwhile you learn from those guys who alway play in WL..U will pick up very fast..

Not every thing is easy..but need time to catch the trade...

Think you shld know wat i mean..
Old 11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

this thread cum alive again after one year?? i'm surprised...

buggyman,
you blur izit?
it's me who started tis thread a year ago. i've oready bought the savage or you forgot oready?
still can ask me to buy mike's t-maxx

levin,
the dom is a gd truck, but made more for track running. not so efficient at jumping(cos adapted from buggy chassis)

if you ask me, forgo the extreme edition(all those alu parts), not worth your money and the truck is too heavy...
guys like twerp and pine can vouch for me...

like buggyman said, can chck out pine's truck, gd cond wif gd aftermarket stuffs. and he takes gd care of his cars. i can vouch for tt...

gabong,
bring your maxx along to WL on sun lah, can have a friendly race wif my savage, twerp's hybrid, mike's mutant, wan's dom...
hope to see you thr...
Old 11-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thnks EK and buggyman...

The Dom is one of my first nitros and as u can see, i put lots of effort into it... If you want, i can part out bits and pieces to make you a complete truck without the expensive pieces.. Shd definitely cost less than all the below combined. For the whole lot, i wanna clear it all for 450.. I'm just pure outta space for my cars and the Dom stuff is taking up all my shelves! I oso wanna make some more space for touring cars.. heh heh...

Originally posted by pineapplet
Dominator with lots of hopups, spares and related stuff for sale:

Smash and Bash Racing stuff (now out of production):
Titanium Front and Rear Shock Towers
Titanium Front Top Plate
Titanium Centre Top Plate
Titanium front and rear hingepin holder plates
Titanium front and rear stabilizer bar holder plates
7075 lightweight CNC diff cases (Front and rear)
(This stuff alone adds up to over $200)

Hopups From Hobao:
CNC Front steering knuckles
CNC Rear hubs

Semi-new Spares:
COMPLETE front and rear ends of the truck minus shocks (IE diffs with metal cases, shock towers, arms... etc )
Misc spares like bulkheads, ballends for braces and arms, rear hubs, steering bellcranks..

Tires and rims:
Hobao spikes mounted on stock MT3 rims (dyed purple)
Stock swoosh tires mounted on stock MT3 rims (dyed black)
Stock swoosh tires mounted on stock MT3 rims, yellow

Rims only:
1 set of brand new MT3 rims dyed black

Bodyshells:
2 proline SUV shells (not in the best shape)
1 stock shell sprayed purple (still in good shape)
1 stock pre-painted shell.. neearly brand new and damn ugly! 8)

PS: No engine, but can provide a 4-port with good compression if required... cheap!

PM or SMS me @ 9688 6178

Pic of car attached:
Old 11-25-2003, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ek_spoon
[B]this thread cum alive again after one year?? i'm surprised...

buggyman,
you blur izit?
it's me who started tis thread a year ago. i've oready bought the savage or you forgot oready?
still can ask me to buy mike's t-maxx

like buggyman said, can chck out pine's truck, gd cond wif gd aftermarket stuffs. and he takes gd care of his cars. i can vouch for tt...

Yo Ek@ Sorri i think i Blur already....Nvr saw the date..

Levin@ Pine he very well take care all his RC stuff ..no to mention his truck as well....i also can vouch for tt...
Old 11-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pineapplet
Thnks EK and buggyman...

The Dom is one of my first nitros and as u can see, i put lots of effort into it... If you want, i can part out bits and pieces to make you a complete truck without the expensive pieces.. Shd definitely cost less than all the below combined. For the whole lot, i wanna clear it all for 450.. I'm just pure outta space for my cars and the Dom stuff is taking up all my shelves! I oso wanna make some more space for touring cars.. heh heh...

It very WORTH to buy it.......

Wat i saw it on.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.