Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Singapore Expo Race: Sepang RC Circuit (4th Nov 2002) >

Singapore Expo Race: Sepang RC Circuit (4th Nov 2002)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Expo Race: Sepang RC Circuit (4th Nov 2002)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

RC10L belongs to the 1/12 pan cars? Hmm... thought it should be RC12L3? Eh?
Are ya all in the process of building the track already? Hmm, the race looks rather attractive man!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Aiya, why no lucky draw....

Is not a must but something is better than nothing, rite???
Everybody will have this kind of concept....

Very sad for those NQ(Not qualify) just TABAO and go home....

Cannot qualify at least can wait for lucky draw in order to keep those racer stay back mah.... I don't think you want those NQ racer just
go back after 3 heat meh...

Last edited by Eric Cheng; 10-23-2002 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

eric, it's not that sam does not want to hold a lucky draw, it's not his style. it's because this event warrants a permit from the police and hobbylink is not able to attain it (reasons? go ask sam).

as far as DNQs, it's inevitable... even in the real F1 race, Alex Yoong also did not qualify some time and wat would expect him to do? Pack and go? think most likely, he'll be watching the pros and starts to learn as much as he can so tat he will try to qualify in future races...

don't forget, there's a on-going exhibition...
Old 10-23-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Body Shell Contest

since we cannot have a lucky draw at the expo race, why dun hobbylink organise a best looking body shell contest?? this will definitely add some more spice to the already exciting event. we have never had a body shell contest before and this will help to encourage pple to bring their nicest looking shells to show off in front of such a big crowd!!!

i would suggest dat only the shells used for racing dat day will be judged... this will prevent pple from using acrylic paints which look better but dun stick to polycarbonate so well...

this way, it will give pple who are not so good at driving a chance to win something... hee hee hee (something like lucky draw)
Old 10-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Sciff Ang,
Since Bryan says that there so many sponsors for this race, how come you guys have no idea on what are the prizes for the A,B,C,D mains ? I mean there should be a guideline already for the prizes as this is a BIG race with many sponsors. I mean are the prizes for the champion of each main only or 1,2 and 3 or 1,2,3- 10th position ? So which one is it ? Dun keep us guessing lei cos i guess some of us want to be competitive in this event and win. And winning means money. So the money spent must be worth the prizes also la. Get it ? Anyway, how many international drivers are coming for this BIG event ? And who are they ? is Masami or Surikarn coming ? Hehehe........ want to get autograph la. Let us know the good news, okie.... we will be waiting...... *muack* love you sweetie

Errr........ dun freak me out, ok .......
Old 10-25-2002, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Freak - wah!! so realistic... winning means must win money... too bad we not singapore pools... ha ha
Bryan has already mentioned that he will be attending a meeting on the 28th with the main organizer. He will announce the final details after the meeting. As of now, it's not rite for me to 'leak' out these info since it's not finalized yet.
international drivers?? sam is one of them... ha ha... seriously me no idea too.

hope you not a guy... with yr 'kisses and love'... giving me the goose bumps...

see you and your frens in the race...
Old 10-25-2002, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Check info

Hi Freak,

Please do check www.hobbylink.com.sg for more details

As stated under the Prizes paragraph:
"Top 3 winners in all Mains will win trophies and prizes from the sponsors."
Old 10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Prizes update

Hi all,

Latest update to the prizes to be won, the 1st place winners of the 1/12th, F1 and Touring (A/B/C/D) Mains will stand to win the latest Sanyo RC-3300HV batteries (6 cells each), in addition to a trophy

The 2nd and 3rd finishings will also win good prizes, no worries. In the pipeline are more Sanyo batteries (3000 and 2400), Tamiya products and etc...

Also Toykar has generously sponsored the Kyosho RC Robot as the TQ prize for Class 3 (Touring Car)

Race day is coming soon and hope everybody enjoys it!

Last edited by Bryan Thng; 10-28-2002 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

So how hor ? may i know how many racers are going ? 10,20 or 30 ? and the international driver lei ? who coming huh ? give update lei..... i will freak out lei if less than 40 people racing lei.... wahaha......... so sciff ang will be tq and 1st la..... then he can play the robot at home.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:35 PM
nix
Tech Rookie

excuse me, Freak, it's ScHiff leh. dunno how to see english izzit.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

nix - thanks!! some ppl a little 'shoot bird' if you know wat i mean.. ha ha

Freak - i really hope i will tq and win... ha ha... not so easy even wif less than 40 competitors. if so easy, i already competiting over at international races...

so far, i heard there's already 40+ (minus you) who had signed and paid up liao... it comprises of F1, 1/12th and TC...
international drivers?? heard they tot Singapore is a high risk country (due to the Bali bomb), they will not be coming... Surikarn was asked to stay behind to help diffuse some bombs in Thailand...

u really look up to me!! i don't organize the race.. so u'll have to call hobbylink (67370934) or visit www.hobbylink.com.sg for more updates and details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. ppl who don't even intend to race... pls... don't have to announce to the world... there's no prize catered for non-participants!!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Just to reconfirm. Are registered drivers to pay for entry to the hall on Sat & Sun for practice?
Old 10-31-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

doctorj - yes, for sat and sun, you have to pay $6 for the entry to the exhibition and also for your practices. do bear in mind that there's a proper pit area (with tables and chairs) for you to work on during your practices. As the exhibition will be expecting a lot of visitors, all drivers (during practices) are reminded to put their things at the pit area. thanks for your co-operation!!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default entry fee

Hi doctorj,

The daily entry fee of $6 applies for the 2 days of practice. So you can choose to come on Sat or Sun, or both days. Race officials (me, schiff and others) will be there to oversee the practice from 12-7pm and AC outlets (limited) will also be available. The pit area will be setup latest by Saturday morning, so means you can actually spend the entire afternoon practicing on the track

Please check the race info page at www.hobbylink.com.sg for the floor plan

On race day, entrance is free via a Competitor's Pass. If the main organiser can hand us the passes earlier, we will issue them we when see you during the practice days. Else on race day, you may approach the counter at the entrance to cross-check your name and collect your pass

Any more info I will put it up on the web or you can also call Sam at 67370934.

Have fun!
Old 10-31-2002, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks. BTW, do we need to bring ext. cable for the AC outlet? If needed, approx. how long is required?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.