Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some help on nitro car

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need some help on nitro car

Hi everyone, im new to this rc thing. I bought a HPI nitro rc. My pull start doest work anymore because the coil inside it is broken. Anyone knows where to get a replacement part? Checked with taising but currently no stock available.

I also bought a used starter box thinking that it will help me. But theres no battery provided. So what kind of battery should i use for the starter box?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pakpandir
Hi everyone, im new to this rc thing. I bought a HPI nitro rc. My pull start doest work anymore because the coil inside it is broken. Anyone knows where to get a replacement part? Checked with taising but currently no stock available.

I also bought a used starter box thinking that it will help me. But theres no battery provided. So what kind of battery should i use for the starter box?

Many thanks in advance!
Happy new year. First, fixing your pull start will still be better. Advantage, less hassle of bringing a battery and starting up your car. Less cost especially your a newbie.

About your starter box. You have 4 option to power it up.
1. 2pcs of 6cell nimh battery pack
2. 2pcs 2s lipo battery pack.
3. 12v lead acid/dry battery. Go to fookhai in chinatown or a motorcycle battery shop. You can also use your car's battery.
4. Use a 12v power supply if your near a power source/electrifity outlet.

My advice, fixing your pull start would be the best option. Try dollar hobbies,amain or tower to order online.
2nd option, buy a 2pcs 2s lipo battery or 1pc 4s battery. Before buying batteries to power up your starter box. Check if your charger is capable of charging lipo and what battery connector your starterbox is using so you will know what connector to look for in buying batteries. Type of connector: tamiya plug, deans plug, alligator clip, ec3,ec5.

Hope it helps....😊
Old 01-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by japong
Happy new year. First, fixing your pull start will still be better. Advantage, less hassle of bringing a battery and starting up your car. Less cost especially your a newbie.

About your starter box. You have 4 option to power it up.
1. 2pcs of 6cell nimh battery pack
2. 2pcs 2s lipo battery
3. 12v lead acid/dry battery. Go to fookhai in chinatown or a motorcycle battery shop. You can also use your car's battery.
4. Use a 12v power supply if your near a power source/electrifity outlet.

My advice, fixing your pull start would be the best option. Try dollar hobbies,amain or tower to order online.
2nd option, buy a 2pcs 2s lipo battery or 1pc 4s battery. Before buying batteries to power up your starter box. Check if your charger is capable of charging lipo and what battery connector your starterbox is using so you will know what connector to look for in buying batteries. Type of connector: tamiya plug, deans plug, alligator clip, ec3,ec5.

Hope it helps....😊
Thanks for the advise! Will check out on those online shops you mentioned! Thanks again!