R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers

Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 AM   #1

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TNT Discussion - MONSTER TRUCKING!!!

We've been discussing MTs on the "RC Pictures" thread and thought it might be a better idea just to move the discussion here.

TNT is just a fun name coined which currently stands for "Tampines Nitro Trucks"... hehe... nothing official, and the name still subject to change cos some TXT guys are against the word "Nitro".

So hopefully there'll be a nice gathering this weekend of Dominators, MPs, a Madforce, a TC (?), brushless TXT, micro MT, etc. down at Tampines on Sat.

Or maybe pineapplet and raygun will find themselves there alone again? <grin>

I'm still yearning for that 8-port man!
BloodClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:46 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New Thread! Woot!

BC - have you seen the pics of the insides of the 8 port yet? Can't remember the forum but the ports are quite stylo... like 'J' shaped!
pineapplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:48 AM   #3

I saw the pics... looks cool but I still nitro newbie, I have NO IDEA what difference the port holes make. Any enlightenment from you?

BTW, I just did a quick check and we posted almost 100 posts in the pictures thread in the last couple of days... we sure are a bunch of slackers. <grin> At least most of the posts were RC related... I don't even want to bring up that meaningless one about the RC squids. lol!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:54 AM   #4
Tech Master

We have very 'hands-off' mods... heh.... a good thing lah. Some of the mods in US boards are rather bossy and officious... Its just an RC forum !

Well at least now we got somewhere the truck stuff can go. Probably won't be as hot as the Micro or Race forums... but what they hey eh?

I too am equally clueless about the ports... I think Ofna were just trying to squeeze as much port out of the sleeve and came up with those shapes. Will probably run the Hyper to death before switching to it... but don't discount the old model! We've run ours pretty harshly (air filters dropping off, airleaks everywhere, leaky high speed needles!) and they're all still screaming away!
Old 10-02-2002, 05:57 AM   #5

Default Some pics of my rigs

Here are some pics of my rigs...

Dominator

Clod

TXT

Juggernaut2

Old 10-02-2002, 06:01 AM   #6

I know the ol' 4-port can handle quite a bit of abuse.

A friend of mine suggested a way out of my dilemma. He said I should just lean my 4-port out and enjoy it till I kill it. "Then no more dilemma!" he says... don't you just love friends?

I gotta get some nice pics of my Dominator in sunlight... hopefully you guys can help me with that on Saturday... (fingers crossed that nothing comes up)
Old 10-02-2002, 07:09 AM   #7
Tech Master

Heh heh.. we've been putting your frnd's idea into practice.. and the Hyper still won't die! *touch wood*

We'll be there for sure.. rain or shine.. so come along!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:46 AM   #8
HZM
Tech Master

TNT - Tats cool. Btw, the chemical name for TNT is Trinitrotoluene - It is a form of explosive commonly use in military and commercial sector

Guys: Not sure if any of you come across any review between E-Maxx and TXT? Would be interested to read and find out more on this kind of "showdown" article.
HZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:14 AM   #9

pineapplet - actually I am curious what settings you are running your hyper at? I am currently running my high-speed needle at 1.7 turns out. What about you and Raygun?

HZN - I believe such an article was done in the RCCA one-off magazine on Monster Trucks. I can try to find my copy and post the results.

However, I always am skeptical with the results of such comparisons when they are done by RC mags... they really can't push one product over another.

I really suspect that what they do is to choose the categories in such a way that the results will come up more or less equal. If one car scores too highly, they just think about what the "loser" car is better at and add in that category.

The Emaxx vs TXT article results were not surprising - TXT is better crawler and Emaxx better racer...

Old 10-02-2002, 06:48 PM   #10

Just bought the December issue of RCNitro... and I'm disappointed!

I thought the October Issue was pretty good (first time I bought Nitro)... and I was looking forward to the BIG BLOCK MT shootout. It's lame man. 2 pages on each truck with write-ups that were paraphrased off previous articles. No real comparisons at all.

Oh well... you win some, you lose some.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:59 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

TNT was also the name of a spray can art group in the states...but it meant The Nations Top
overtki11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:03 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to zonerx

or The Naked Truck
zonerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 11:43 PM   #13
Tech Master

TNT is also the action-oriented channel, like of AXN, on Australian pay-TV.

RC magazines are a bit like eyecandy.. just look at the pics and ignore the words. The 'Super Shopped' Monster Pirate in RC Nitro (can't remember which ish) was full of the most useless hop-ups from Hardcore Racing.. famous amongst MPers for bendy swiss-cheesed Titanium plates which cost twice as much as the alternative Smash and Bash Racing parts... All the crucial hop-ups, such as improved shock geometry, Hyper 7 shocks and a slipper were missing!

BC - no idea how my brother runs the Purple Dom.. I think the basic philosophy is as long as it starts and you dun feel like a snail, the tune is good. Personally, if the tune goes crappy, I'd reset to 2 turns out from closed and adjust from there. Also, i dunno if this is your experience, but with every bash session with the Dominator I do the first half tank ends up wasted on re-tuning and warming up... The Hyper is a real slug sometimes...

(STILL LOOKING FOR A T-MAXX GUYS... CAN ANYONE HELP? BRAND NEW, SECOND HAND, BASHED BEYOND RECOGNITION.. I'LL TAKE IT!)
Old 10-03-2002, 12:21 AM   #14
Tech Master

Hey Bloodclod... still interested in putting a shipment for bodyshells and assorted other stuff together? Finalised a shopping list of sorts and am ok with either using Ace or Tower to get the items...

Also, what's up with yr SABR order? Still open or shipped?
Old 10-03-2002, 12:27 AM   #15
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey pineapplet,can i get in on the action?!
i need bodyshells man...ok maybe bodyshell!
overtki11 is offline   Reply With Quote