Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TNT Discussion - MONSTER TRUCKING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

More the merrier! I keep adding stuff into the Tower shopping cart but the shipping costs hardly goes up. It certainly pays to pool our orders!

So far I got a two shells: Proline Sierra GMC and Chevy Panel Van... and one pair of Ofna long drive cups... that's already 30 USD priority shipping... adding more stuff only increases it by 2-3 USD at a time...
Old 10-03-2002, 01:03 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pool order? Let me check... I spent quite a bit lately. <grin>

Sorry, the SABR order shipped already.

So far my hyper.21 runs quite nicely. I hardly ever touch the settings since break in. It warms up quick and then runs consistently like a dream. Being my first nitro, I've been careful to clean and use my after-run oil regularly.

I may abuse my cars, but I also look after them hor.

Sorry pineapplet - I got Emaxx but no Tmaxx.

If anyone will buy my hyper.21 4-port I will buy the 8-port one... any takers?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:07 PM

Default so who's on tomollo?

Old 10-03-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: TNT Discussion - MONSTER TRUCKING!!!

Originally posted by BloodClod
We've been discussing MTs on the "RC Pictures" thread and thought it might be a better idea just to move the discussion here.

TNT is just a fun name coined which currently stands for "Tampines Nitro Trucks"... hehe... nothing official, and the name still subject to change cos some TXT guys are against the word "Nitro".

So hopefully there'll be a nice gathering this weekend of Dominators, MPs, a Madforce, a TC (?), brushless TXT, micro MT, etc. down at Tampines on Sat.

Or maybe pineapplet and raygun will find themselves there alone again? <grin>

I'm still yearning for that 8-port man!
Hi

I got a MAd force now, thinking of this ofna thingy...Do you have any comment on this for me?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:28 PM

hi krazyhippo! What do you wanna know about the Dominator/MP and how do you like the MADFORCE?
Old 10-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

BC - I am 'ON' ... and i can safely say Raygun is as well... I think he's cooked up a Rally-style TA03 to fool around with tmrw as well.. no big rocks for this little guy tho!

Too bad about that SABR order.. but on the bright side i've 'saved' some cash.. ... Gotta let us chk out those cool titanium bits when they come in ei? You'll be the only one in S'pore with them!

Hey Zoner! - You coming down with your Mud Force again??
Old 10-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Overt and Bloodclod!

So are we shipping?? Really wanna get hold of some new shells and other assorted bits and pieces... I'll put the order through and we'll split shipping even.. (probably work out to about 10 USD per person for priority mail)
Old 10-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Yes I'll be there if nothing come up tomorrow and sorry to disappoint you, I'll bring MF again leh... I also abit sian of it already, run through water, mud & jumps already, what else to do? any good idea?

so you going to bring your Monster Pirate for some action?

Maybe we can have tug of war with your MP

BTW do you know which glow plug is better for my GS.21? #5 or #8? stock is #5 and I think I fried it already (the head is black colour now)
Old 10-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Tug of War eh? I think the MF would have the upper hand with its 3 spd torque..

Raygun might not turn up so the pro photographing services might not be available... heh... only my lame attempts which usually end up catch dust and dirt....

We use #8 plugs... OS. They can go many many tanks esp. after the engine is nice and broken in. I think for the Kyosho engine it shd also apply....
Old 10-03-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Overt and Bloodclod!

Originally posted by pineapplet
So are we shipping?? Really wanna get hold of some new shells and other assorted bits and pieces... I'll put the order through and we'll split shipping even.. (probably work out to about 10 USD per person for priority mail)
dude, where you ordering from? website? dun know what they got.

regards
Old 10-03-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

www.towerhobbies.com

or

www.ace-hobbies.com

Either would be good for me as they stock the items I want... have a looksee! They have lots of proline truck shells
Old 10-03-2002, 11:32 PM

Order? okay lah! I am in. I take it we ordering from Tower? I will check and send you my list. Where shall I email to?

Sorry about the SABR order lah... I will show you guys the parts when I get them. They may just make it here today if the postman is nice a fast.

I went down to the track this morning for some fun and to test out my new center brace setup. The good news is that the whole setup held through all 3.5 tanks that I ran through the car! There were some crashes, but to be fair none as bad as the straight 6 ft drop on the front bumper last weekend.

Fun ended at 3.5 tanks... broke a part. I was jumping the jump closest to the shelter and skying the truck such that it landed almost after the incline on the flat land... I know it's harsh, but I made sure the truck landed hard on the 4 tires and chassis. It took several of these jumps just fine and then limped to one side after a particularly big one.

Anyone wanna guess what I broke? I was a little surprised myself... but nothing that can't be fixed by tomorrow.

Raygun can't make it? That's sad... I was hoping he'd be there to snap a couple of pics of my truck. Please say you can come.

Zonerx - how about we fire up our trucks and do a shootout among ourselves? Tug-of-War, speed run, jumping, climbing, etc. what do you think?
Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Alright! .. So we can split shipping at least two ways now.. so far
from me is two truck shells and a pair of those Ofna drive cups.

I'll definitely be down tmrw with my Dominator... and my trusty G2 (the one which takes all of mine and Raygun's pics)

Plus, since there's more than two cars running, it might be interesting to lug out the 'ol DVCam for some 'World Wildest' style videos too..

"When Nitro Trucks Attack..." heh..

Hmm.. what did Bloodclod break today? Lemme guess... on a hard flat landing... Shock Piston? Shock Ball end? MT3 Rim (yes.. i've cracked one before)...

Do tell...
Old 10-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hiyah, i told that guy to buy spares!!!!! spares of everything...you got a car to lug around the stuff man, no excuse....
Old 10-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Spot on Overt! I learnt quickly with the Monster Pirate to carry tonnes of spares around... every trip out i got spare bulks, arms, hingepins, susp. parts, even alternate rims and tyres ...

Thing is, it seems no matter how much forward planning you put in you'll often never have exactly the right replacement part on site... grrr.. Murphy's Law i guess...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.