Wiki Posts
Search

RCMC’s Decision of East Coast Track Layout Change for Singapore Open

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RCMC’s Decision of East Coast Track Layout Change for Singapore Open

Firstly, please allow me to extend my gratitude to the RCMC community and Sam Craig for taking care of the track and organizing various activities. On many occasions, Sam Craig, has exceeded the expectation of a community member by doing mediocre tasks that everyone tends to overlook.

However, I am disappointed with the latest decision by RCMC to change the quarterly ’Z Layout’ to ‘Large Layout’ just for the upcoming Singapore Open. This is just clearly an act of bootlicking.

There is only a minority of 1/8 players who prefers a large layout. As a professional racer, you don’t choose the track or layout that has been decided by the race organizer. Every quarterly new layout should be taken as a challenge and a driver should adapt to different kinds of layouts. In this way, the driver will be able to improve on all aspects of racing. Thereby, I support the excellent decision of the community to adopt this scheme of having a new quarterly layout as it is refreshing as well as challenging.

I may not be a top fleet racer; however, I understand the importance of equality and safety which is the main consideration for the originally planned 2014 rotating layout schedule. The introduction of 2 layouts on a single site increases confusion, increases possibility of collisions/accidents as well as animosity between different classes of drivers.

RCMC should stand firm on their main principles to promote a healthy hobby. As a club, there will always be suggestions and feedbacks. Any proposals affecting the ground rules should be subjected to an open voting session.

Best Regards,
Raymond Teong
Old 05-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 05-12-2014, 02:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Well said

Well said!!!!

Thumbs up. But too bad. No response. All should run the same layout. Irregardless what layout it is.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Agree to what Cateye said!

At the beginning of the season, RCMC implemented the layout rotation system for all class every quarter which is a very good idea. In a way, human / equipment safety is improved and also encourage drivers to learn to adapt to new track layout irregardless of whether it is technical or high speed.

Why change the layout now for 1/8th class? Is it because 1/8 cars cannot handle technical track or is it because we are not able to adept to the layout?

Why did RCMC, the one and only recognized RC club in Singapore do such an abrupt change and not open it up for discussion with all members?
Old 05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,
Understand your frustration/unhappiness.
RCMC is not a profit driven club and the club does not generate much excess funding. To hold a big event like SIC cost $$.
To make the event a success, we need sponsorship.
Sponsors have the right to veto some decision for the race and we need to respect that.
As a player/racer, we will just run whatever layout that has been decided for the event. When we attend oversea races, do we vote for our preferred layout??
RCMC is run by volunteers, limited manpower and resource.
It will be very helpful if guys are willing to step forward to be a part of RCMC committee and make it a better club.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evirobs
Hi guys,
RCMC is not a profit driven club and the club does not generate much excess funding. To hold a big event like SIC cost $$.
Sponsors have the right to veto some decision for the race and we need to respect that.
As a player/racer, we will just run whatever layout that has been decided for the event. When we attend oversea races, do we vote for our preferred layout??
It will be very helpful if guys are willing to step forward to be a part of RCMC committee and make it a better club.
lol
Old 05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do appreciates what the track is now, it's not an entitlement...lotsa things happened behind the scene...really appreciated you people step forward when the club needs your helps.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by evirobs
Hi guys,
I agree with the point that Sponsorship makes an event successful. However, if the sponsors decide how a track layout would be raced I seriously think it is very wrong.

In the first place if the track layout for all classes is the same, there will be no need to hire someone for controlled practice 1 week before race day.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up for evirobs.

Why makes things so complicated. If sponsorer say run what layout, just follow and apply to all classes. Whether is it a highspeed track or a technical, i believe all racers are perfectly fine with it and will start to adapt and practicse the layout. Spending money on hiring someone is a waste of money for the control practise which i think the money should be use to enhance the track or the pit area instead.