Wiki Posts
Search

VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING

Hi guys..am wondering if any of you guys ever placed an order for lipo batteries with HOBBYKING.COM? If u guys ever did,how long did it take for you guys to receive your batteries from the day you ordered? Mine has already been two weeks & yet when i check the EMS TRACKING number given to me by HOBBYKING,the search shows no results is found? I contacted HOBBYKING on this matter but it seems that no one from their side can be bothered to explain to me..usually when HOBBYKING gives us an EMS TRACKING number,it is blue in colour but mine this time was in black..even till now..again i contacted their so called support centre & still the same..no one bothered to reply my queries..:flam ing
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

They have problems shipping lipos using EMS.
They changed my shipment to DHL/Fedex i think.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If paid by Paypal, file a claim after 30 days.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Dont buy from them anymore.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jason1980
They have problems shipping lipos using EMS.
They changed my shipment to DHL/Fedex i think.
How long did your order took to arrive bro? Mine originate from fiji..all this while my orders to HOBBYKING all originates from SINGAPORE itself..ya..SINGAPORE!! And yet they still took more then a week to arrive..from SINGAPORE send to SINGAPORE takes more then a edited week!! EMS NDS MY FOOT!!

Please mind your language.

Last edited by Funkymojo; 02-21-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by adrictan
If paid by Paypal, file a claim after 30 days.
Yeah..i paid thru PayPal..will do so if still no reply from stupid HOBBYKING or still cannot obtain any status for my order by the next 2 weeks..
Old 02-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eric Cheng
Dont buy from them anymore.
Will definitely NOT buy Lipos from them anymore!!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe cny tat y delay.
but their lipo not so good liao after balance charge
also slightly bloated.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eric Cheng
Maybe cny tat y delay.
but their lipo not so good liao after balance charge
also slightly bloated.
I ordered on the 24th of january & the dispatched my orders a few hours later on the very same day..its been 16 days already..they gave me a tracking number,but when i entered the number into the EMS TRACK & TRACE system,no results is found..how can it be so right?
Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by OFFROADRAGE
How long did your order took to arrive bro? Mine originate from fiji..all this while my orders to HOBBYKING all originates from SINGAPORE itself..ya..SINGAPORE!! And yet they still took more then a week to arrive..from SINGAPORE send to SINGAPORE takes more then a FUCKING week!! EMS NDS MY FOOT!!
Hobbyking got singapore warehouse? i doubt so bro. They don't have a warehouse in sg
Mine came from hongkong, they did send me an email after i chased them for my lipos. they have problem sending thru EMS.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jason1980
Hobbyking got singapore warehouse? i doubt so bro. They don't have a warehouse in sg
Mine came from hongkong, they did send me an email after i chased them for my lipos. they have problem sending thru EMS.
Its not a hobbyking warehouse bro..its a company distributing HOBBYKING'S items in singapore..the company is called QUANUM (s) PTL LTD. They tried to cover up theiy company's name & addresson the consignment note with black marker ink but when i looked it up facing a light bulb,i can see everything clearly..from the name to the address..thats how i found out..further more, you know the EMS tracking number which hobbyking gives to you each time after the shipped out the items u ordered? for example,EQ303884357SG. the two alphabets at the end of the tracking number is actually the code for which your order is being shipped or coming from..in this case.SG,which stands for Singapore..my previous 3 orders came from Singapore itself..but my lipos is coming from Fiji(FJ)..how i know? because my father used to work with EMS SPEEDPOST,so thats how i know what the last two alphabets in a tracking number code stands for....
Old 02-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bro, dun worry they will come after 1 month. I ordered sometime beginning dec and received last month. Nowadays they dun use Quantum for shipping already, they use a Malaysia mailing service call Pos Daftar, will take f**kin long to come. Cut cost...

Use below link:
http://www.pos.com.my/pos/appl/service/sub_meltrack.asp
Click on pos daftar then key put in ya tracking number..

I tried contacting HK before &#%^* and keep replying the parcel has been posted, they know nothing abt checking the status of the mail as well... Managed to figure out myself eventually.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ^zed^
Bro, dun worry they will come after 1 month. I ordered sometime beginning dec and received last month. Nowadays they dun use Quantum for shipping already, they use a Malaysia mailing service call Pos Daftar, will take f**kin long to come. Cut cost...

Use below link:
http://www.pos.com.my/pos/appl/service/sub_meltrack.asp
Click on pos daftar then key put in ya tracking number..

I tried contacting HK before &#%^* and keep replying the parcel has been posted, they know nothing abt checking the status of the mail as well... Managed to figure out myself eventually.

Hope that helps.
Something to add, the reason why it takes so long is because it goes from hk to Malaysia KL for sorting then dispatch to singpost then send to ya home. It's Malaysia....
Old 02-08-2014, 10:01 AM
FT
Tech Master

Out of over 50 orders Ive made there, only 4 were horribly delayed or orders had major issues. I have to agree that some of their Nanotechs seems a little dodgy but Ive been using their Compact series and they rock. No Bloating, very low IR, packs always came back rather cool and barely warm even when I push it.

The ideal mind set of ordering from HobbyKing - Give yourself 2 weeks for EMS orders and 4 weeks for Air Parcel (Non-Peak Period). Add 2 more weeks for both during peak periods and major holidays. All refunds and problematic orders are definitely entertained, it just takes time and efforts to get it all sorted out with 'Standard Operating Proceedures". Approaching the Customer Service aggresively will only add more troubles and delays. So stay calm all the way. Makes you a better person in life too.

Basically, go HobbyKing for saving 'Money' but paying with 'Time'. Vice versa for getting items else where or locally.

Ive tried their Fedex option and it's well worth it. Most of my group/bulk orders now are using FedEx, especailly orders with LiPos. They arrive in less than a week.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default why the angst?

Dude,

this is the age of internet surfing and purchasing... These are all part and parcel of the internet purchasing experience. Ranting here or anywhere else isn't going to make your stuff get to you faster. Nor is it going to sway the army of mouse clickers.

The internet webstores will always go with the cheapest possible freight forwarder. That's how you can buy YOUR stuff, so dang cheaply.

Were you less cheap, and more thoughtful, you'd have bought your stuff from LOCAL HOBBY STORES. They deserve your patronage. Who else are you going to buy parts from? or go to when you have issues you can't solve?

Yes, they cost more. Don't people who own LHSes deserve to profit (fair profit) from their chosen work/business? I'm sure you'd personally quit your own job were you paid less then you thought fair, right?

Instead of mindlessly buying cheap stuff from overseas internet stores, budget and plan for local purchases. When you support the LOCAL HOBBY STORES, they can support you too.

Have fun!

-Alexander
p.s. I do make purchases on net stores too ,but I keep it to a bare minimum. I always try to purchase from LHS as far as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.