Wiki Posts
Search

1/14 Truck race

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/14 Truck race

Hi Guys, recently i rebuild my 4 year old Mercedes 1838LS tractor truck and i was wondering how many of you out there have that series of truck and are keen to race it.

i was thinking since the tamiya race can have "special" race for M-chassis, why not tractor trucks....

how about another category that include a must for the trailer behind.... should be fun to see how wide a hairpin curve should be.

Clarence
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cat007/
Old 08-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: 1/14 Truck race

Originally posted by cat007
Hi Guys, recently i rebuild my 4 year old Mercedes 1838LS tractor truck and i was wondering how many of you out there have that series of truck and are keen to race it.

i was thinking since the tamiya race can have "special" race for M-chassis, why not tractor trucks....

how about another category that include a must for the trailer behind.... should be fun to see how wide a hairpin curve should be.

Clarence
This kind of track not many ppl owned. I have one King Hauler and Shell tanker with full option parts. keep for almost 1 year liao no time to play. Very busy with race on every Sunday.

I believe 10 years down the road still will not have such race for this.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Same here. playing Mini-Z more than anything else. but if no one gonna start it will never start.....

if only those who own were to be brave enough to step out ( there just cant be only the 2 of us)

Wat else do you race??

Clarence
http;//web.singnet.com.sg/~cat007/
Old 08-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did I hear trailer??...LOlz..... eh I think hor dun put the trailer better, like in soome countrys they do race the trucks with no trailers, and they are fast
Old 08-06-2002, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

SO Jeffery, u got 1/14 also????

Clarence
Old 08-06-2002, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

would be nice to have such a race.....maybe should try parking the truck with the trailer attached. I tend to believe that there are many people with such truck. just got to get them together.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You think is cheap to own this kind of truck. Around $1,500 and above to get all stupid things in leh.

If race, hit and broken no spare parts hor. You thought Tai Sing
got ah....have to wait for shipment.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Hi Eric,
u buy a TA04, plus all the blue/purple (or watever colour) part, u pay more than 1.5K.

and not all TA04 parts are readily availble right?? sometimes have to wait also right?? but 2 years later the car discontinue right?? but the truck so far after abt 8 years still can order parts right??

Its the fun that stands out. I bet u dont have one where u have 3 gears to shift.... and how u try to drive a car that have High C.G. need a LOT a LOT of skills to handle one well.

Hey Chu, help find leh. i also know a lot of people have. u know more people playing RC, help jio them leh....

thanks in advance
Clarence
Old 08-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys

these truck mainly for fun..not racing.they r not like their big bro 1/1 size which can be use for racing...it will be great to see.

their main purpose is for driving ard, same time u can put lights, retractable legs, bulls bars and wat other acc. that tamiya and other company offer...to make these truck looks great and cool.something diff from regular r/c model tat we hav.

i think, driving ard the track wif these trucks is not such a great idea esp wif the back pulling something not easy to drive.maybe we can have demo for these 1/14 scale trucks, and test the drivers on their parking skills and driving something like autotest.cannot remember the japanese name..will find out the name..it different from touring, buggy...so wat say u terence?..let hav a autotest for the truck drivers just for fun, something diff from the other class of racing.same time see who got the best looking truck ard..

cheers...
Old 08-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Well, thats great too. but have you seen a 1/14 with a 12T mounted on it?? very very fast but traction roll like siao....

i bet monster_sg have one from the way you speak. If only Chu agrees, how about this Sunday Tamiya race we do a demo

i go back check if my M-chassis can fit inside my semi-trailer....

would be damn cool to see a m-chassis driving out from the back of the truck.