Search

Where to get Opel Astra 190mm body

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Where to get Opel Astra 190mm body

Hi,

I saw someone who a Opel Astra 190mm touring car body in MS last weekend.

Like to know which hobby shop might have stock of it. I have checked, Rotor & Winnie's already.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Was the Opel you saw painted like a union jack flag? If so, that was my car!

I got it from Winnies but she sold out of them very quickly (like within 2 days of getting them).

I should warn you. The new wing posts are a pain. You have to cut them down as they are way too long. Nice looking body though.

If you are desperate for a new body but can't get the opel, the new stratus 2.0 is available at rotor. It is a very nice body, much nicer than the stratus 1.0.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Hi,

I just got a Stratus 2 at rotor today. But I guess I saw your Opel Astra and it looks pretty nice. And it is more a real touring car than the Stratus, Stratus hasn't been on the touring race since 98/99.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

I used to want realism too and was in a habit of making my cars look like their full size counterparts.

These days however, I prefer to paint my cars in a way that reflects my individuality and my roots. The stratus bodies are great for that because it is really easy to mask and paint. Not to mention that it handles better than most other bodies I've tried.

Whilst the Opel is a nice body, I think I still prefer the handling characteristics of the stratus.

So what do you think of the new stratus 2.0? One of my friends mentioned the front looks like an eagle. I tend to agree with him.

You must introduce yourself to me next time you are down at the ms track. Happy days.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

In terms of handling, what is the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation stratus?
Old 07-31-2002, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Don't know, I have yet to drive the second generation body. From the shape, I suspect that the second generation will have more downforce on the front as the bonnet has a greater slant downwards towards the nose of the car.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, this is taken fron the Electric Onroad Forum:

"Okay, I only compared a Protoform Stratus with the Stratus 2.0, both with the stock wings. The Stratus 2.0 felt like it had less steering than the old Stratus, mainly because of the rear wing. I gotta try it with a different wing next time."
Old 07-31-2002, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default imho

The 2.0 was meant to have more down force, especially in front. That should give more steering at higher speed (where the down force applied) rather than the other way around.
It is possible that the rear wing have more downforce (rear-front not balanced) than resulting lesser steering upfront.
I take the last Opel from Winnie. She still has the Tamiya one when I was there.

Last edited by GTO2; 07-31-2002 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

The new wing has a cut out in the middle section which will affect the effectiveness of the rear wing. I'm going to test the new body this weekend and shall report the results.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default spot the difference

Old:

New: