RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default RC4WD Trail Finder 2

SINGAPORE, 10:30am Saturday Jan 28, 2012 : While having coffee and reading the weekend papers, the doorbell suddenly rings. It was the Postman delivering a huge package.

It was sent via USPS Express International, from hundreds of miles away and arriving in just 4 days. Thanks Mike, Tom, John, and all the Cool Folks of Team RC4WD! You guys are the BEST!

Excitement and overjoy quickly filled the air, thinking about what might just be in the huge package. Shall we do the UNBOXING, to be Sure!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i thot they dun sent here?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool.. ..

Show some photos.. ..

How Much it cost in S$?????

Me want 1 also... ... .. ..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default UnBoxing the RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Now let's see what's inside the big Box.

Attached Thumbnails RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3532.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiatw73
Me and my friends also have problem ordering form RC4WD.

Siggy have no problem ordering from RC4WD.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Strange, the trail finder 2 is not even avaliable for sale yet.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default The RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Packaging

The RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Box is made out of thick corrugated board. The outer shipping box RC4WD used to protected the Trail Finder 2 box is made out of strong corrugated board, as well. There was ZERO scratches or dents to the Trail Finder 2 Box after travelling hundreds of miles from San Jose California to Singapore. Kudos to a Great job done by the Shipping Department of RC4WD.

The Front Panel has a close to life-size picture of the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 with a beautiful Outdoor background. The RC4WD Logo can be found on the upper left hand corner, and the "Trail Finder 2" badge on the lower right corner. Layout is simple but very striking with a black colored box.

Many will probably ask, "So what's so New about the Trail Finder 2?"
The Rear Panel says, ALL!
  • Custom Designed for True-to-Scale Look
  • Realistic Billet Aluminum Ladder Frame Chassis
  • 2 Speed Remote Selectable Transmission
  • Center Mounted Realistic 4x4 Transfer Case
  • Cast Metal Axles with Locked Differentials
  • True to Scale Leaf Spring Suspensiomn
  • High Detailed Body with Dropped Bed and More
  • 1.55 Stamped Steel Beadlock Wheels with Lug nuts
  • Super Grip High Performance Mud Thrasher Tires
  • Realistic Tube Bumper- Rock Rail and Skid Plates

We can also see some pictures of the 2-speed transmission, transfer case, and Radio box. A brief write-up can also be found at the side flaps of the box.

I found the pictures and printing to be of good quality. And the Layout well-organized. The printed descriptions are well written, as well. Literature found on the box, clearly describes what exactly is in the box. I was quite impressed by the work done to make the Trail Finder 2 packaging quite attractive.

I also like the size of the box. I suspect that the box itself can securely protect a completely built Trail Finder 2, for storage. I may just need to take-off the wheels/tires. We surely will find out, later. Next, a look into what is inside the Package.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chiatw73
I've been receiving small and large packages form RC4WD without a problem for a number of years, now.

Originally Posted by slowlee12
Cool.. ..

Show some photos.. ..

How Much it cost in S$?????

Me want 1 also... ... .. ..
I'll be updating the build until all is complete. MSRP can be found at RC4WD's online shop.

Originally Posted by RTECH

Sad to hear about that and hoping that I can be of help. I confirm that I have no problems ordering from RC4WD!

Strange, the trail finder 2 is not even avaliable for sale yet.
The Official Release date of the RC4WD Trail Finder 2, will be around mid-February.

Very honored to "TEST-DRIVE" the Final Production RC4WD Trail Finder 2.
I am sharing the whole experience, through this thread. THANKS!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Now here's what's inside ...

The RC4WD Trail Finder 2 User Manual, the all-new 2-speed Tranny and Transfer Case, a pair of the very Popular Scale Yota axles, and a set of 4 nice 1.55 Beadlocks.

Under the Top foam tray, I caught sight of a beautiful black aluminum chassis, unassembled but laid-out in a logical way.

The Mojave Bodyset is inside the sealed white box. Let's open the box later.

The Tires, bumpers, driveshafts, leaf springs, and shocks nicely packed in plastic bags. The hardware/screws all sorted and individually packed.

Next, Let's get-on with the Build!
Attached Thumbnails RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3540.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3544.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3547.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3548.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Siggy,

Far out!!...U hit the bullseye! For a prelauch kit to land on our shores even before it hits the stores is big! Gd on u Siggy!

Looking forward to find out more on the build process..But most would agree it looks gd!!

regards
Evil Ernie
Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Ok GUYS. I got reply from RC4WD Big Boss regarding orders and payments via Paypal.

This is the procedure. Make your order via RC4WD onlineshop. Take note of order number, items you are ordering, Total then send a follow-up email to Mike at [email protected] requesting for an approval of Order and request for a paypal invoice. If you have made successful orders previously please do indicate that as well.

Please be patient and understand that it may take a couple of days to a week for a reply. Mike gets hundreds of emails per day plus a huge company to run.

Please let me know if you have questions or require help, further to this. Let's get back to this build.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
Siggy,

Far out!!...U hit the bullseye! For a prelauch kit to land on our shores even before it hits the stores is big! Gd on u Siggy!

Looking forward to find out more on the build process..But most would agree it looks gd!!
regards
Evil Ernie
Thanks EE! Yur the best. I am waiting for you to drop-by and let's get this running and do a test and video, COOL? Here is a peek where I am at, in terms of the build.

Attached Thumbnails RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3596.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

I got the the package Saturday morning, and after doing the Unboxing and posting updates in various threads of the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 the daylight was almost over.

Then I decided, to check how long it would take for me to build the chassis top a roller non-stop. So I started half past midnight and got things together at close to 4am. Takes about 3 hours to work on. Then took these outdoor pictures today.

The body mounts quite nicely on the chassis. It takes 4 screws to get the body on and have a very firm hold. There is a 2 body post at the bed and is secured by 2 clips. It was ok even without the body bed post.

I really like the Mojave BodySet. True Scale details executed in Top quality ABS and very fine finish. If you like yellow, your all-set without having to paint cab and bed. I also like the New Grille and Square headlight. Many guys spend loads of time and money to do a dropped-bed. For the Mojave, a dropped bed comes standard.

I really like how each component fits snugly, to form a unified one. Overall it looks quite realistic and expect this to go over-the-top, with the included glass, interior, handles, accessories, and accents nicely installed.
Attached Thumbnails RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3576.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3583.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3606.jpg   RC4WD Trail Finder 2-sam_3609.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
Siggy,

regards
Evil Ernie
BTW, I bet very few have seen the bottom of this link?

http://store.rc4wd.com/Team-_ep_46.html
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by siggy
I got the the package Saturday morning, and after doing the Unboxing and posting updates in various threads of the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 the daylight was almost over.

Then I decided, to check how long it would take for me to build the chassis top a roller non-stop. So I started half past midnight and got things together at close to 4am. Takes about 3 hours to work on. Then took these outdoor pictures today.

The body mounts quite nicely on the chassis. It takes 4 screws to get the body on and have a very firm hold. There is a 2 body post at the bed and is secured by 2 clips. It was ok even without the body bed post.

I really like the Mojave BodySet. True Scale details executed in Top quality ABS and very fine finish. If you like yellow, your all-set without having to paint cab and bed. I also like the New Grille and Square headlight. Many guys spend loads of time and money to do a dropped-bed. For the Mojave, a dropped bed comes standard.

I really like how each component fits snugly, to form a unified one. Overall it looks quite realistic and expect this to go over-the-top, with the included glass, interior, handles, accessories, and accents nicely installed.
The included tires and wheels match the mojave shell perfectly !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.